Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

I'm back to waiting. I had a 9c GTY and got assigned a 9c stateroom. Just decided to upgrade to a verandah so now I'm back in GTY status, a 5B.

I'm back to waiting. I had a 9c GTY and got assigned a 9c stateroom. Just decided to upgrade to a verandah so now I'm back in GTY status, a 5B.

Well, at least you know you won't have to wait long for your assignment.

Do these assignments happen to come out on a particular day usually? I sail 10/15 and am getting antsy and curious! :-)

My guess the room assignments for this sailing will come out tomorrow afternoon, if not then Thursday. They usually come out Tuesdays 9-12 days out, or at least have in the past. We are on the same cruise!
My guess the room assignments for this sailing will come out tomorrow afternoon, if not then Thursday. They usually come out Tuesdays 9-12 days out, or at least have in the past. We are on the same cruise!
we just received our cabin assignment for Disney Fantasy sailing 10/15!!!
VGT
We were assigned category 4A
Booked 67 days out

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy 10/15 Western
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days 11 hours
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4A, deck 9 aft!
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Absolutely thrilled! I am so excited to have a family cabin! The space will be awesome. Was hoping for forward but I will more than happily take this, I'm so excited! Never expected a big cabin for the 2 of us. First cruise!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 76 days

Last edited:
Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT 10/15 Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4B, Deck 8, midship
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am super happy! Was not expecting cat. 4 anything with only 3 of us in the cabin, so very pleasantly surprised!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 57

Last edited:
Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT 10/15 Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4B, Deck 8, midship
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am super happy! Was not expecting cat. 4 anything with only 3 of us in the cabin, so very pleasantly surprised!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Friends booked IGT but not yet assigned, will edit later.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 57

Sounds like we all received very nice cabins. I'm extremely pleased!

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream 11/7
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 22 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A, deck 10 mid Stateroom 10556
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes! It looks very convenient to the pool decks, eating areas, and elevators! This is our first cruise so I don't really know what to expect
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 32 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Wonder 12/16
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 7A, deck 5 AFT
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It is probably a "leftover" room. A little disappointed with the Nav Verandah because I can tell there are many Cat 6 and 7 rooms still available, I would have rather them waited until the last minute and given us an upgrade, but it is what we booked, so I can't say I am unhappy. Deck 5 will be nice for the kids since they want to go to the kids club all the time.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We did not book together, but we are linked to a friend in IGT and she is on a different floor.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Wonder 12/16
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 7A, deck 5 AFT
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It is probably a "leftover" room. A little disappointed with the Nav Verandah because I can tell there are many Cat 6 and 7 rooms still available, I would have rather them waited until the last minute and given us an upgrade, but it is what we booked, so I can't say I am unhappy. Deck 5 will be nice for the kids since they want to go to the kids club all the time.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We did not book together, but we are linked to a friend in IGT and she is on a different floor.

Just wanted to tell you that 7A aft on Deck 5 is my favorite location. It's quiet. It's just up the hall to the movie theater. And just one deck down to the outside promenade deck. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Just wanted to tell you that 7A aft on Deck 5 is my favorite location. It's quiet. It's just up the hall to the movie theater. And just one deck down to the outside promenade deck. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Thank you! that is good to hear!

We just got our assignment for the December 16th cruise from PC. We got Deck 8 AFT. We booked a standard inside stateroom and that's what we got. We've never been on this Deck, so we shall see! I'm happy!

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT Dream 12/16
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11A Deck 8 AFT
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? That's what we booked, so it's not an upgrade or a leftover, it's what I was expecting. I wish they would have given us a Deluxe Inside Stateroom because we like having the 2 bathrooms, but we'll certainly make it work.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 50 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream 12/16
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5D Deck 6
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I feel bad saying i am disappointed, but i am going on a cruise in 9 days! Knowing this cruise was really undersold, i was hoping for something higher.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 30 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT Magic 12/23
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 17 days (surprised it was so early) on a Monday afternoon :-)
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 2 cabins (11a) on Deck 7 aft next to each other
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Super happy. I was really wanting a higher deck more than anything. For a first time cruiser, I would have been happy with just about anything I think though!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? yes! Next door which is a very happy surprise I wasn't expecting
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 38 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9C Deck 2 Forward
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes, I'm definitely happy to have the one large window instead of the two smaller ones & at a decent discount
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? About 70

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter