Like...They are Going with STRANGERS?!?! Sayonara Part 1- Join Us on the new thread!

What would you do with the $350??

• Upgrade our resort

• Spend it on 2 signature dinners

• Get park hoppers and 1 signature dinner

• See Cirque du Soleil

• Rent a car

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maroo. I just love your way of looking at things. And you're so happy, dang it, and that makes me happy! The fact that you have to really think about what you need freedom from...well, my dear, you must be doing something right. :goodvibes I'll run with you on the heat thing. Although we New Englanders are typically going to Florida to get warm, not escape hotter temps! :lmao:

Thank you all for your very kind words and prayers- however, I have more bad news to share today. I was just called by my brother-in-law, and was told that my own father has had a small stroke! Apparently, the stress of the last few days has taken its toll.

Please stand with us, and when things return to "normal"- when this conference I've been organizing (that still has 2 days left) is over, after I hear more news of dad, after I make the decision to fly home or not, and when arrangements for Grandma's memorial are made, I will come back to DIS-ing. Meantime, maroo will stand in the gap.

Again, thanks so much- it's means a lot to me!

Liesa

Oh, and one more thing...

Today, we are exactly 1 year and 3 months out!!! WHOOPEEE!!!

:woohoo::banana::yay::woohoo::banana::yay::woohoo::banana::yay:
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

(I have no idea why my little cheery smilie is NOT working, I guess it's not been such a "cheery" kind of day- but there it is)

Thank you all for your very kind words and prayers- however, I have more bad news to share today. I was just called by my brother-in-law, and was told that my own father has had a small stroke! Apparently, the stress of the last few days has taken its toll.

Please stand with us, and when things return to "normal"- when this conference I've been organizing (that still has 2 days left) is over, after I hear more news of dad, after I make the decision to fly home or not, and when arrangements for Grandma's memorial are made, I will come back to DIS-ing. Meantime, maroo will stand in the gap.

Again, thanks so much- it's means a lot to me!

Liesa

I will stand in the gap for you! I promise. Not only on this TR, but in general...I will be praying for you guys consistently. I totally understand the toll all of this can take. :grouphug:

Oh, and one more thing...

Today, we are exactly 1 year and 3 months out!!! WHOOPEEE!!!

:woohoo::banana::woohoo::banana::yay::woohoo::banana:
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

(I have no idea why my little cheery smilie is NOT working, I guess it's not been such a "cheery" kind of day- but there it is)

It isn't working because it does an automatic line break now...

Try this...

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

It works if you split it across two lines.

So sorry to hear such sad news. Prayers and hugs your way Leisa.

Thank you so much for praying!!!

Maroo. I just love your way of looking at things. And you're so happy, dang it, and that makes me happy! The fact that you have to really think about what you need freedom from...well, my dear, you must be doing something right. :goodvibes I'll run with you on the heat thing. Although we New Englanders are typically going to Florida to get warm, not escape hotter temps! :lmao:

I am happy!!! Life is good! :dance3:

Yeah, I know about you New Englanders...it is FREEZING there and you guys swim here when it is so cold! It makes me shiver. :goodvibes

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you so much for praying!!

Just wanted to let you know I am praying for you and your family.

Thank you so much for praying!

Hi Everyone!

Just to let you know, I'm going ahead and going to the States today. It will take me 36 hours to travel, and I'll be there for 2 weeks. We will have a small memorial service for Grandma hours after I get there. I am thankful I will be able to be there for that!

Dad is looking much better, but has no memory of how he got to, or why he was at the hospital. Scary stuff!!

I'll try to keep you posted.

Liesa

Coming out of lurkdom to say you and your family are in our thoughts. Hope you have a safe trip and things get better for your family. :hug:

Oh, Liesa. I'm thinking of you and your family at this difficult time. :hug:

Sorry...maybe it is because I am from Mississippi...but I have no idea what "spiders" are?!? Can someone tell me? Can I even ask? Should I even ask?

So sorry...it's a "web crawler", meaning something that looks on the internet, for key phrases. I only thought of all of that b/c my mom (when she was alive) and my stepdad (until he finally, totally, retired after working there since Vietnam) worked for a large intelligence agency in Langley VA, my mom specifically in the department that listened to "chatter" from the middle east...she died exactly 18 months to the date before that fateful day in September, and I wish to gosh she hadn't b/c she had a brilliant mind for putting things together and briefing the higher ups, and who knows what she could have figured out that her co-workers didn't.

Anyway, that's why it came to mind, that there was some internet catchphrase-watcher-out-for going "tilt" on this thread. :upsidedow I think it's amusing to think about, nothing serious was really meant by it. :goodvibes

Back to trip planning!

I'm really for the OP's recent losses and bad news. :hug:

I've been lurking occasionally....

Sorry to hear about your loss and your Dad's stroke, Leisa. I hope things go well with your trip to the US and that your Dad recovers quickly.

The FREEDOM Chapter from Soldier #2:

My fellow soldier posted a great introduction to her life in ______stan and explained why she really needs this vacation to gain some FREEDOM from her day-to-day world.

And I contemplated her chapter... :scratchin

Because I need to write one, too. What am I seeking FREEDOM from? Why do I need a vacation? :confused3

And honestly...I had a very hard time coming up with reasons I need FREEDOM.

I am single and in my mid-30's. Some people tend to feel sorry about that..."Don't you wish you were married?" "Are you dating anyone YET?" etc... But honestly...I already have FREEDOM! Every day I enjoy my FREEDOM.

It is HOT here in Mississippi. Well, not so much HOT as HUMID! And it does get hot AND humid in the summer. So, by September, I will be glad to be able to head to the World to cool off! Go figure that, right!

Okay, escaping the heat will work! Actually, any reason now qualifies for a vacation, and is worth fighting for!!

Now LeeAnn, Soldier #3, list out your "Enemies" for us, so we can cheer you on, too. I know you're lurking- you told me you were just today :surfweb: "Come out, come out, wherever you are..."

First of all, I want to thank each of you who was thinking about my family and me this week! Your prayers really meant a lot to me.

Now, let's get this field manual opened up again! We have a lot to share with you this week, and we promise it is all VERY exciting!

Amidst this small defeat, there has been one fun thing that has become possible: an opportunity for Soldiers #1 and 2 to pack in some tactical planning- IN PERSON! After looking at our field map, we discovered that where I am visiting and where she lives are only about 7 hours apart! I gave her a call, and we have decided to meet up in Nashville NEXT weekend!! :banana::banana: And even cooler is that Lauren might even get to come! (If you're not sure who that is, or you are just joining us, make sure you visit maroo's TR by following her link in her siggie to her Rainbows Wish Trip) :thumbsup2

Mary informs me that the Opry Mills Mall is a great place to shop, and even has a Disney Store that we can procure some Fighting Essentials from. So, we'll be meeting there for the first time in person. Will it be weird? :confused3 Probably.... for about 3 seconds. Will it be awkard? :confused3 Nah! Will we get along like we've know each other for a decade? :confused3 Geez, I sure hope so! Afterall, we'll be sharing a hotel room for a week next year! :lmao:

What else should we make sure to talk about? I definitely think that ADR's should be discussed, as well as our top priorities for each park and out of the trip in general. Maybe a general plan for how much time we'll be together, and how much time we'll want on our own should be mapped out too. How about all of you- our faithful and loyal compatriots? If you had this kind of wonderful tactical planning advantage, what would you make sure was on your agenda? Any hot topics you'd make sure you'd hit? popcorn::

By the way, we've already decided where we're going to take in our rations for this trip. We'll get at least lunch, but probably dinner too during our mini-meet. Where will our little group end up discussing all things Disney?? :grouphug: But that's for next time. You'll have to stay tuned this week as our plans take shape.

Wow, how exciting!!! I can't wait to hear more about what you'll be doing when you meet up. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter