Linda's goal = Lose wt + 1/2 marathon 09(encouragement welcome)

Linda-

Sorry I missed you, I looked for you but there were sooooo many people there!! Boy was I glad we got the Race Retreat, best $80 I EVER SPENT!!

My time was terrible-2:59. I had cramps in my right foot that went all the way up to my hip, so I walked a bit. But I guess I never realized how many people would be at the same pace as me and that I would get "stuck" in clusters of folks. Or that the roads would narrow so much. But we had a great time, despite the weather.

Unfortunately the bad weather followed us around the caribbean, but being with our friends made it so much fun none the less. We were supposed to dock in Labadee Haiti the day the quake hit, but we did a "drive by" dropping off supplies and provisions. We only stayed about an hour. The quake hit when we would have been leaving had we stayed that day.

Glad to be home, gotta get back into weight loss mode. Oh and DH has given me the green light to go to Anaheim for the DL half in Sept so that I can get the Coast to Coast medal!!!

Did a spin class today, it was great.Blew away the young wipper snapper next to me-HA!HA! Did wts too- shoulders, lats and chest again.

Went for a walk with a friend after too.

Man it is cold out there- I am so done with winter.

Linda

I can't wait for spring weather. I am glad I am not training again for a winter race for a while, the cold is really getting to me.

Hi everyone!

Possibly trianing for another 1/2 here in town for March 28th but not sure since the weather has really taken a lousy turn around here these past few weeks.If I start as of Feb 1st it will give me 8 weeks, I think that will be ok.

It is 8 degrees and we have a 2 hr delay for school- we had a nasty storm yesterday with a complete white out, thunder and lightening- very weird!

I have been running, spinning and doing weights strickly to lose weight.It is coming off slowly but the scale goes up and down.I am very aware of sodium but it has to be what it is.I am eating well for once.Loads of h2o too.

I hope I can stay motivated.I do feel better.

Have a great day
Linda

OK have been running, spinning, walking, elliptical using and eating very well as well as lifting weights.

Lost 10 lbs since being back from the 1/2. Jan 11th- now, I am pleased with that- just have to keep it up.

Linda

Great job on the weight loss Linda!! I am getting there slowly but surely.

Thunder snow?!?! We've had that a few times here in Ohio. It's weird, but cool. :goodvibes

Great job getting your workouts in and on losing 10 pounds!!! :cheer2: That is wonderful, Linda!:hug:

Hey Linda, it has been way too long!! :goodvibes Glad to see you are keeping up with the great work. Congrats on January and the pounds. Super job!

What race on the 28th?? I am flying blind right now. Training half heartedly for things. Shelby has 2 tourneys in Mass this summer....will have to see how close we get to you!!

Wow, what awesome results in such a short time (and no cheats...like I use). It must be the way you mix up your training. You're my inspiration to find a way to do that.

I've seen the thunder-lighting-snow just once when we had a (rare) storm move in within about 40 minutes from Canadian border to Seattle area. It went from nearly 50 degrees and rain to 20 degrees and a whiteout that last for a week and knocked out power for days. Serious weather.

We're still mild, but after three days of rain, there is a break--if only DH would get his behind home so we can use still in daylight. Darn street trees make walking in the dark an adventure in obstacles where there aren't enough streetlights.

Keep up your fantastic work!
Laurie

Well yesterday was a bust food wise- not even all day just after work.

Made lasagna the night before for after work yesterday so DH could just pop it in the oven.It was something easy to deal with coming home from work.I was great all day then came home 2 good size pieces of that with 3 small rolls, choc chip cookies and mini rice cakes 1/2 bag with a diet coke??????????? What was I doing? I feel bloated and gross this am.

I will not get on the scale today- that will definately sabotage all of this hard work mentally.

Today is a new day- I hope I can move on.

Linda

Yes Linda, just like my day Monday, you can move on. Its over and done, can't change it, just go forward.

Keep on keepin on, its all you can do!

Thanks Tracy, Laurie and Veronica!

I did move on and had a great elliptical workout yesterday and ate well also.Going to the gym today to run and do weights, I will definately weigh in after I lose some of the bloat I still feel, rings won't go on.Even the low sodium soups have way too much and that is what I had for dinner last night.

Have a good one all,
Linda

Whew, great job on the exercise!

I know what you mean about the sodium. I never salt my food (my mother rarely used it when I was a kid so I never really developed a taste for it) but there is soooo much in prepared items. Makes it hard to avoid that bloat.

Great job getting your workouts in, Linda!:cheer2:

Sending some :wizard::wizard: for weigh-in. You're doing a great job!:thumbsup2

Hope you have a great day!:hug:

Ran 6 miles today in 57:16, a 9:32 pace.Going for a walk with a friend now- boy do I wish it was spring I am sitting here freezing.

No snow for us at least- good luck everyone who is getting the storm today.

Linda

You must be north of that storm that's making news across the country...but it must still be winter where you are. My crocus are blooming and the Anna's hummingbirds are all doing their mating acrobatics in full plummage...the groundhog must have been wrong about Western Washington--not to gloat, we'll pay for it this summer.

When you figure out to make lassagna that doesn't cause the major sugar run and carb overload and bloat, please let me know. I'm craving pasta so much right now I dream about it. I know that if I give in to it, I'll do just what you did, but won't be able to stop the next day--it'll be all over for me. You're so much stronger than I am and with your training you can afford an indulgence every now and again. Just take it one day at a time...

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter