• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lymph Lode lump after tetanus (tdap)?

I went to see my doctor immediately as I didn’t know what it was. She said no concern and that she has one at the same spot that comes ans goes. She said we would be concernes if it was really big and really hard. I am gonna wait 2 months, as I just got my 2 shot, and my response to it was horrible. Keep me posted! I also feel that the tissue around the little node is somewhat puffy. I asked other people around me, there were 4 people that also had swollen node after the shot

Wanted to follow up that my doctor said mine was an inflamed ligament (maybe from the shot) and not a node or anything to be worried about.

I work in breast imaging and we have been informed to notify the radiologist If the patient has resently had the Covid vaccine. Prominent lymph nodes are common in the axilla of the arm injected.

I work in breast imaging and we have been informed to notify the radiologist If the patient has resently had the Covid vaccine. Prominent lymph nodes are common in the axilla of the arm injected.
I’m a massage therapist. I had a client this week who developed a swollen lymph node in her arm pit. Her doctor said this is common and like you said, radiologist are being warned as a lot of women are running to get a mammogram after finding the lump

I will be calling my doctor when they open on Monday, but just wanted to know if this is normal. I had a tetanus (tdap) shot on Thursday, not for an injury, just b/c I hadn't had one since I was 12. Had the usual arm pain you get from vaccines, though this was sore enough to interrupt my sleep some. However, today (Sunday) I noticed my shoulder and collar bone felt sore, and was rubbing it. I found a large marble sized lump over my collar bone, that moves around quite a bit. I presume this is my lymph node and that it could just be a reaction to the shot. However, I can't find anything online from the medical community that says this can happen, only patient reports of it occurring. Health otherwise is fine, no fever, though allergies have been fairly bad the past few days.

Has this happened to anyone else? Anything I should do?

Believe it or not, this is budget related b/c our 10 year anniversary is this week and we have ressies I have to cancel 24 hours in advance to avoid a penalty. Soooo...would be nice to be forewarned if I may end up with a fever or something. :thumbsup2
I'm soo glad I found this. I know it's old but I see other comments. I have major healthy anxiety. I just had the Tdap on Monday 8/9/21 and I also have swelling around my collar bone. Marble is a good way to discribe it. Very tender. Also sore and swollen at the shot site which no biggie but this lump scares me. I have emailed my doctor so I'll hear back soon I'm sure. But seeing this and all the rest of the comments, panic averted. Thank you for posting and everyone else who chimed in!

I had two swollen lymph nodes after my first shot of the Moderna Covid vaccine. Same side as my shot, underarm and another on the collarbone/neck

It lasted 4-5 days

I do too and it's part of our patient history form.

I am somewhat relieved to see the previous comments... I had my tdap injected high on my left arm on 9/26/22 then about 30 hours later, evening of 9/27/22, I noticed that my arm, shoulder, neck, and front of my chest were very sore. Then I felt a firm, tender lump on top of my left collarbone. About marble sized. I can kind of move it around but it hurts. I am freaking out because I cannot find any correlation online about tdap shot and supraclavicular lymphadenopathy, only really scary possible causes of swollen clavicle nodes... my doctor can't see me for another 6 days and I have extreme health anxiety. I've never had a reaction like this to a vaccine and now i am regretting agreeing to taking it... This HAS to be connected to the tdap, right? I walked into the doctor office perfectly healthy right before I took this shot and now I am freaking out.

I am somewhat relieved to see the previous comments... I had my tdap injected high on my left arm on 9/26/22 then about 30 hours later, evening of 9/27/22, I noticed that my arm, shoulder, neck, and front of my chest were very sore. Then I felt a firm, tender lump on top of my left collarbone. About marble sized. I can kind of move it around but it hurts. I am freaking out because I cannot find any correlation online about tdap shot and supraclavicular lymphadenopathy, only really scary possible causes of swollen clavicle nodes... my doctor can't see me for another 6 days and I have extreme health anxiety. I've never had a reaction like this to a vaccine and now i am regretting agreeing to taking it... This HAS to be connected to the tdap, right? I walked into the doctor office perfectly healthy right before I took this shot and now I am freaking out.
What did your dr say? My son took a tetanus shot last week on right arm and has a lump on his hollow spot next to clavicle. Dr says it's possible cyst but can't rule out something worse....sending us to a surgeon. Just wondering what dr said to you.

What did your dr say? My son took a tetanus shot last week on right arm and has a lump on his hollow spot next to clavicle. Dr says it's possible cyst but can't rule out something worse....sending us to a surgeon. Just wondering what dr said to you.
Its been 6 weeks since the tdap and I still have the swollen clavicle node. It's not as large, it was marble sized and very tender/painful when I first noticed it, now it's almost like a bean and I can feel smaller nodes next to it, like in a chain. Some days it's more flat and painless, other days it protrudes more and aches. I went back to my doc last week and she wants me to get an ultrasound of my neck/head/soft tissues and to get my annual mammogram completed too. I go to those next week. I also noticed that in the past few weeks when I feel like I'm coming down with something it aches more and the aching makes my neck sore too.

I just wish it would go away so I can stop worrying. Its really hard to find any real info relating tdap and supraclavicular lymphadenopathy. Everything I read points to the worst possible outcome with this particular lymph node. I regret taking the tdap shot. I feel healthy besides the random aching from the node.

I'm soo glad I found this. I know it's old but I see other comments. I have major healthy anxiety. I just had the Tdap on Monday 8/9/21 and I also have swelling around my collar bone. Marble is a good way to discribe it. Very tender. Also sore and swollen at the shot site which no biggie but this lump scares me. I have emailed my doctor so I'll hear back soon I'm sure. But seeing this and all the rest of the comments, panic averted. Thank you for posting and everyone else who chimed in!
How did you make out? Do you still have the swollen nodes? I still have it 6 weeks after the tdap. I get an ultrasound next week.

Its been 6 weeks since the tdap and I still have the swollen clavicle node. It's not as large, it was marble sized and very tender/painful when I first noticed it, now it's almost like a bean and I can feel smaller nodes next to it, like in a chain. Some days it's more flat and painless, other days it protrudes more and aches. I went back to my doc last week and she wants me to get an ultrasound of my neck/head/soft tissues and to get my annual mammogram completed too. I go to those next week. I also noticed that in the past few weeks when I feel like I'm coming down with something it aches more and the aching makes my neck sore too.

I just wish it would go away so I can stop worrying. Its really hard to find any real info relating tdap and supraclavicular lymphadenopathy. Everything I read points to the worst possible outcome with this particular lymph node. I regret taking the tdap shot. I feel healthy besides the random aching from the node.
Right, everything I've read scares me to death also. My son has high anxiety also but our faith is in JESUS CHRIST and standing and believing in a good outcome. I will lift you up in prayer and as soon as we get in to see a surgeon, I'll let you kno results. GOD bless!

Right, everything I've read scares me to death also. My son has high anxiety also but our faith is in JESUS CHRIST and standing and believing in a good outcome. I will lift you up in prayer and as soon as we get in to see a surgeon, I'll let you kno results. GOD bless!
I had my US and the report didn't really tell me much besides "appears to be a 0.8 x 0.6 x 0.5 cm lymph node with fatty hilum at the left supra clavicular level/lower neck area of Interest; please note that echogenic shadowing clavicle is not seen on the submitted image. No abnormal fluid collection"

So now my provider wants me to "complete the workup" by getting labs drawn: CBC, BMP, and CRP and recommended i get a CT neck with contrast to give a clearer picture of what is actually going on...

Although from what I've been reading about the contrast dye used for CT, I am terrified of injecting that stuff into my body. Especially since I was completely healthy prior to injecting that darn Tdap shot! I'm going to see if its of any benefit to do the CT without contrast instead because I really do not want the dye..

So crazy this just came up, because I am dealing with it, too. I had a TDAP booster in November and still have a swollen gland on my shoulder/clavicle. I am a former breast cancer patient, so it's a bit distressing, but my oncologist thinks it is from the vaccine. I may call and follow up now that it's been two months, just to be sure, but I believe it's from the vaccine. I had a lump at the injection site for weeks.

A guy I used to work with his son got allergy shots. They noticed lumps on his upper arm where he got the shots. The doctor suggested having the lumps biopsied. Come to find out the lumps where filled with the allergy serum. His body was not absorbing the serum from the shots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter