Magic Bands Upgrade

You may be right. I don't believe the "we're out of stock" excuses anymore. Disney is huge, and I don't think it takes them 1 1/2 + months to get new stock. This is my opinion, coming from an IT background, but I really think this project rolled out prematurely and it wasn't completely tested in QA for every condition. I am guessing they didn't expect so many people to pick bands months and months into the future. They should have been able to expect that though. I am pretty sure they are completely reworking the software to have ordering windows based on check-in dates and other criteria. Disney will not say, we really messed up on this release and didn't anticipate these future orders. They will blame it on stock. When this rolls out, mark my words, it will be completely reworked with ordering restrictions based on check in dates. When that code is ready, just like Disney Magic, they will have new stock. The July 3rd date we hear of is probably an estimated rolllout date for the new code.

It is becoming rare for code to rollout that has had any sort of UAT testing.

Ordered 7 magic bands for September trip. Bands arrived with only one incorrect - they sent a solid band instead of upgrade. Called and very helpful cast member checked to make sure I hadn't been charged for the one that was not in stock, then assisted me in placing an order for an alternate band. If your order went through, be prepared for them to substitute if they are out of something, but with one phone call, a back-up choice is on the way for the same price.

Ordered 7 magic bands for September trip. Bands arrived with only one incorrect - they sent a solid band instead of upgrade. Called and very helpful cast member checked to make sure I hadn't been charged for the one that was not in stock, then assisted me in placing an order for an alternate band. If your order went through, be prepared for them to substitute if they are out of something, but with one phone call, a back-up choice is on the way for the same price.

Travelling in late August - only see the solid 8 colors that they have always had which is a step up from not being to order any a few days ago.

Just a note .. CHECK your junk mail.

I checked my junk mail and I got a separate e-mail from ShopDisney apologizing they sent me a plan band instead of one of the ones I ordered (I am apparently getting only 2 of 3 of the premium bands I originally ordered) .. BUT the shopDisney e-mail included a code for $15 off ANY band on the shopDisney site!

I almost missed it since it hit my junk mail.

Been trying to monitor this thread...
We arrive on Aug 2, and when the premium magic band discount rolled out, we jumped on it.
Is the best bet to call or will their inventory be updated on the website?
Haven’t gotten any emails regarding a shopdisney discount and currently it’s got us with the solid colors.

Been trying to monitor this thread...
We arrive on Aug 2, and when the premium magic band discount rolled out, we jumped on it.
Is the best bet to call or will their inventory be updated on the website?
Haven’t gotten any emails regarding a shopdisney discount and currently it’s got us with the solid colors.

Did you place an order and pay when the premium bands rolled out? If you placed an order, got a confirmation and they haven't shipped yet you can try to call Disney. I would check your spam folder as well for communications.

If you didn't go through the whole process and check out, now they are sold out and all they have are the complimentary colored bands.

Have any premier bands been offered since the initial inventory was depleted? I check occasionally but not daily. If I find out more are being offered randomly I'll check more regularly.

I cannot even make solid color MB selections, let alone the upgraded ones. When I click on the link to see my MB order, I get a blank page or an error page. This happens every time I try to look at it since the upgrade option rolled out. Has this happened to anyone else? We made our color selections before the upgrade came out, hopefully we still get the colors we asked for.

I tried the chat help on the website and got the whole. The stock is just low if you just wait you will definitely get them including the premium bands.....even if its 6-10 days before your trip they will arrive at the resort. Why don't I believe a word of this.

Have any premier bands been offered since the initial inventory was depleted? I check occasionally but not daily. If I find out more are being offered randomly I'll check more regularly.

I saw them listed once a few weeks after the initial sell-out, but every single band I tried to choose gave me an error. They were up until roughly 11 AM EDT that day, when they once again disappeared and the "out of stock" message appeared again on MDE. I think that was more a glitch than real inventory.

I saw them listed once a few weeks after the initial sell-out, but every single band I tried to choose gave me an error. They were up until roughly 11 AM EDT that day, when they once again disappeared and the "out of stock" message appeared again on MDE. I think that was more a glitch than real inventory.
I think you're right! I had the same experience.

I was ordering my magic band yesterday and they had a Darth Vader. I tried to order it but got an error message. Now it's gone

Just went on and currently 8 are appearing as available.

Thanos, Minnie, SSE, Castle, Groot, Mickey, Pirates, Vader

Just got upgraded bands!!! They have about 6-8 available id guess. I'm not sure. I picked mine and got out quick before I missed them!

Just got upgraded bands!!! They have about 6-8 available id guess. I'm not sure. I picked mine and got out quick before I missed them!
They have: Castle, Epcot SSE, Groot, Thanos, Sorcerer Mickey, Darth, Minnie, and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Yes! they do have a few - this is the message in the website:

Due to strong popularity, choices of our upgradable MagicBand options are temporarily limited. Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Guests and Annual Passholders are able to continue choosing from a selection of complimentary solid-color MagicBands. More choices and inventory will be arriving soon.

I ordered a blue one at lunchtime. I wonder if I can still upgrade. It still says "Edit" on my "My Disney Experience".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter