Magic Bands Upgrade

So received the magic band today and it was the Donald Duck band I ordered. So guess I lucked out.

UGH - just give confirmed resort guests or AP ugrades the stupid coupon. Such nonsense. Betting it is an IT issue more than an order issue.

Odd .. I just got an e-mail today my MB order shipped ..

I called IT support a week or two ago and they cleared out my order (since the bands werent available) so I could just make the order later .. so .. I have no idea what these bands WILL BE?

This happen to anyone else?

Okay.. so looking at MDE -- looks like my original order I made on Tuesday (when this went live) went through .. but NOT as I ordered it. .. my kids got the printed ones, but I did not (even though I originally chose one) . mine is just plain GRAY .. :(. My wifes is yellow (as she wanted).

My credit card has a pending charge for $32.10 from 6/14 (the price for THREE bands) .. so this is very frustrating. I am glad I am getting those bands (even though I dont need them until October), but I guess I have to deal with calling (or chatting) with Disney support to either get the band I selected .. or $10 back.

I would love to know what time during the day you all hit "order" for your upgrades. For me, I selected our bands early in the morning when the upgrades came out, but then life got busy and I didn't actually submit the order until the evening the same day they came out since I needed to check with all my family that the ones selected were what they wanted. We actually got all that we wanted (although my son's still looks like an empty white circle on MDE). This really was a confusing mess on Disney's part this time around.

I would love to know what time during the day you all hit "order" for your upgrades. For me, I selected our bands early in the morning when the upgrades came out, but then life got busy and I didn't actually submit the order until the evening the same day they came out since I needed to check with all my family that the ones selected were what they wanted. We actually got all that we wanted (although my son's still looks like an empty white circle on MDE). This really was a confusing mess on Disney's part this time around.

Looking at my confirmation email, about 12:45pm (eastern) on May 20. We received the two bands we ordered on May 25. My sister's did show an empty white circle after I ordered (Thanos band).

Odd .. I just got an e-mail today my MB order shipped ..

I called IT support a week or two ago and they cleared out my order (since the bands werent available) so I could just make the order later .. so .. I have no idea what these bands WILL BE?

This happen to anyone else?

Yes, this happened to me, except that in addition to (allegedly) clearing my order, they let me order from ShopDisney for $10/band...so I did that and received those last week. Then Monday I got the "your magicbands have shipped" email. MDE, which hadn't been showing ANY new magicbands for me (since the ShopDisney ones aren't personalized and I haven't linked them yet), now shows my original 4 upgraded bands that I ordered in my list of bands. The package is supposed to be delivered Thursday, so we'll see what's inside. The charge goes to my husband's CC, and I keep forgetting to ask him if a new charge has shown up.

Yes, this happened to me, except that in addition to (allegedly) clearing my order, they let me order from ShopDisney for $10/band...so I did that and received those last week. Then Monday I got the "your magicbands have shipped" email. MDE, which hadn't been showing ANY new magicbands for me (since the ShopDisney ones aren't personalized and I haven't linked them yet), now shows my original 4 upgraded bands that I ordered in my list of bands. The package is supposed to be delivered Thursday, so we'll see what's inside. The charge goes to my husband's CC, and I keep forgetting to ask him if a new charge has shown up.
Sounds like an IT SNAFU. I guess they (without communicating to anyone) decided to just take the orders that got stuck in limbo (due to th bands selling out) and fulfill those orders. If they would have just done this from the get go (sent me an e-mail or message saying your order was received and be processed when they are in stock) .. then everyone wouldnt have panicked about this.

I feel like at this point they may not bring them back. I’ve read end of June but it was such a mess that unless they do it properly like don’t ship them until the normal time or only allow people within a certain timeframe to order, that it will always be a mess. I have 57 days to customize mine and at this point I’m not counting on it. I keep checking a couple of times a day and still just the coloured bands.

I feel like at this point they may not bring them back. I’ve read end of June but it was such a mess that unless they do it properly like don’t ship them until the normal time or only allow people within a certain timeframe to order, that it will always be a mess. I have 57 days to customize mine and at this point I’m not counting on it. I keep checking a couple of times a day and still just the coloured bands.
Sadly, i think you may be correct. We were excited about the upgrade for our December trip and had orders placed two separate times for upgraded bands. When we tried to complete the order, the upgraded bands showed in MDE, but we never got a confirmation email and eventually our MDE reverted back to the original colors that we selected when we first customized them. We are doing a split stay and I have an AP and we have several different solid colored bands from previous trips. I personally really wanted the Darth Vader Star Wars band as we are big fans and Galaxy's Edge will be a big part of our upcoming vacation. I don't know if we will purchase one separately or not. We are really confused and disappointed about how the whole process was handled.

Sadly, i think you may be correct. We were excited about the upgrade for our December trip and had orders placed two separate times for upgraded bands. When we tried to complete the order, the upgraded bands showed in MDE, but we never got a confirmation email and eventually our MDE reverted back to the original colors that we selected when we first customized them. We are doing a split stay and I have an AP and we have several different solid colored bands from previous trips. I personally really wanted the Darth Vader Star Wars band as we are big fans and Galaxy's Edge will be a big part of our upcoming vacation. I don't know if we will purchase one separately or not. We are really confused and disappointed about how the whole process was handled.

I’m an AP as well and was excited about this as well so definitely understand your confusion and disappointment. I started trying to order the first day at 7am and they kept charging my cc but reversing the charge immediately and the order would error out when I went to submit, occurred for a couple days. And then when they restocked for a whole couple hour a week later I kept getting an error.

Our Disney dates are mid September. I ordered the Magic band upgrade the first day it was offered and my cc was charged. In MDE it shows the upgraded magic bands we selected. All good. However, it says we need to pick them up at the front desk of our hotel. Why wouldn’t they be shipping them to us? Our trip is fully paid so no outstanding balance and we did online check in. Just curious as to why? Thoughts?

Our Disney dates are mid September. I ordered the Magic band upgrade the first day it was offered and my cc was charged. In MDE it shows the upgraded magic bands we selected. All good. However, it says we need to pick them up at the front desk of our hotel. Why wouldn’t they be shipping them to us? Our trip is fully paid so no outstanding balance and we did online check in. Just curious as to why? Thoughts?
I'm sure it's because they dont have them, but are optimistic that they will by that time... terrible

Where do you live? They cannot ship out of country.

You may be right. I don't believe the "we're out of stock" excuses anymore. Disney is huge, and I don't think it takes them 1 1/2 + months to get new stock. This is my opinion, coming from an IT background, but I really think this project rolled out prematurely and it wasn't completely tested in QA for every condition. I am guessing they didn't expect so many people to pick bands months and months into the future. They should have been able to expect that though. I am pretty sure they are completely reworking the software to have ordering windows based on check-in dates and other criteria. Disney will not say, we really messed up on this release and didn't anticipate these future orders. They will blame it on stock. When this rolls out, mark my words, it will be completely reworked with ordering restrictions based on check in dates. When that code is ready, just like Disney Magic, they will have new stock. The July 3rd date we hear of is probably an estimated rolllout date for the new code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter