Magic Bands Upgrade

Was waiting for my friend to tell me which one she wanted and when I just tried placing my order for the Sorcerer Mickey, I keep getting this error message:
We Were Unable to Complete Your Request

Please try again or contact Guest Services at (407) 939-4357.

Tried calling and the wait time was estimated at 45 minutes. Not worth it, just put in an order for plain bands. How did they screw this up a second time?

Was waiting for my friend to tell me which one she wanted and when I just tried placing my order for the Sorcerer Mickey, I keep getting this error message:
We Were Unable to Complete Your Request

Please try again or contact Guest Services at (407) 939-4357.

Tried calling and the wait time was estimated at 45 minutes. Not worth it, just put in an order for plain bands. How did they screw this up a second time?

I am guessing running out of supply again. :(

It worked for me a few minutes ago! Got a castle one and a grout one! Woot woot!

What premium bands will be available? I want to make sure as soon as I see one we want that I order it. So far I have only seen Darth Vader and The Castle available. (They were available onsite for a very short time)

Ordered a castle, a Darth Vadar and a Sorcerer Mickey and got the dreaded "Unable to complete" but went back in 30 minutes and it went right through with no problem. Plus I got a confirmation email. Of course we won't know until we get there if we have them since we're from Canada but here's hoping.

I'm annoyed that it's making me order for my entire party! Two of found bands available now, that we want, the other two are waiting for better choices. Unfortunately, Disney's lame IT won't let me do that. I tried to take the other two off my reservation, to add back later, and they wanted me to pay a price increase for the change. Yeah, that's not happening! It's all just a big mess. I'll check back in November and see what they have. If nothing, then I guess we'll use one of our stash of old bands or pay for ones we REALLY want, instead of the extremely limited choices Disney is offering. Or should I say offering when they feel like it ....

Just a heads up that my experience was similar to @Tallis. I was able to order a specialty band for my daughter and chose a plain band for myself as a ‘place holder’. I had no idea until the following day that I could not go back in and choose a specialty band for myself. Glad I’d chosen a colour I wanted for myself. Lesson learned the hard way.

Now there are 14 specialty bands showing up. I'm waiting for one I saw when they were first released. My trip is not until November, so I have time to wait and watch. But, couldn't this whole concept be accomplished in a better way?

I guess they only make about 5 bands a day and toss them up there whenever.

I'm surprised this is based on inventory and not just placing a backorder.

Today, There are a couple new bands that weren't available yesterday. Unfortunately the two that we wanted are gone again. I should have just ordered for all of us the first day they came out when all of them were available for a day or so.

Super flustrated with Disney's sketchy IT, or lack thereof. I'm going to try to not even look again until October. None of the premium bands, even when they were all available for that one day, are anything any of us would have chose if paying full price.

All this aggravation is not really worth saving a few bucks to me, especially when it's a band we only "kind of" want to begin with.

Ok. It just let me upgrade my band. I got a Haunted Mansion one. Took about 10 tries but it finally went through. Don't give up hope!

I love the Haunted Mansion, it's been one of my favorites since I was a kid. Being a female, I just didn't like the grey band. I wish they would have offered some of the prettier Haunted Mansion ones. Glad you were able to score one, though! Are you the only one in your party? It's messed up that we have to order for our entire party at once.

This is beyond frustrating, these bands can't be selling out that quickly. What are they doing putting 20 bands per design up for grabs? There was one last night my girlfriend liked but nothing really for me. Today just the opposite. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't lock your magic band order once you made a selection. However, they are forcing us to order at the same time!

Disney is the only company that would be able to get away with something like this. Here I am, constantly checking every day to give them my money. And I don't even love the band I want.

At the beginning I was interested in this and thought it was worth the $10 vs a plain band .... but at this point I feel like I'd be picking one just to get something while it is available vs something I really, really want and now might not even bother

This is beyond frustrating, these bands can't be selling out that quickly. What are they doing putting 20 bands per design up for grabs? There was one last night my girlfriend liked but nothing really for me. Today just the opposite. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't lock your magic band order once you made a selection. However, they are forcing us to order at the same time!

I'm just glad I haven't added my grandchildren to our reservation yet! I wasn't sure if they could go or not, due to school. That would make it even worse for us. I really want them to get the bands they want, even if they can't go on this particular trip. They have APs and can use them other times. I just HOPE that after we are finally able to order for the four adults, at the same time, that I can add them to the reservation and am able to do a separate magic band order.

The thing that annoys me even more is that we COULD order separately before these premium bands came out. I have gotten our bands in 3 separate orders in the past, so I know for a fact that it used to be possible. It doesn't take much to take Disney's website/app to their knees. You would really think they could afford some top notch software engineers.

Disney is the only company that would be able to get away with something like this. Here I am, constantly checking every day to give them my money. And I don't even love the band I want.

I couldn't have said it better! You hit that nail on the head. I am frustrated with MYSELF, at this point, for letting this get to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter