Magic in the Bayou...POR April 28-May 3

Looks like she had a great time! The Easter bunny Mickey is cute. I love the family pic!!! :goodvibes

Great pics! That was such a cute Easter outfit Jilly wore!

Thanks! We love The Children's Place!! Maybe a little too much...:rolleyes1

Looks like she had a great time! The Easter bunny Mickey is cute. I love the family pic!!! :goodvibes

My aunt brought over the Easter Mickey's...she is the most Disney obsessed person in my family! It was so cute because her grandson wore Mickey's bunny costume for a few minutes! :goodvibes

Thanks! for sharing your Easter pics! Jilly looks like she had a wonderful day! and great family picture!

Thanks! We really did have a great time! It's so nice when we get sunshine on Easter! :cool1:

I don't really have any updates. I'm really excited because my best friend from high school will be in town tomorrow and we are having lunch. I haven't seen her in over ten years because we lost touch when she went away for college and then moved to Seattle! Thanks to facebook we found each other and finally get to reunite! :yay:

Here's a quick recap of our schedule while we are in WDW (only three more weeks!!! woooo-hoooooo!!!): :dance3::yay::woohoo::banana::cool1:

WED 4/28: Check-in POR, EPCOT
THU 4/29: AK day/MK evening (Wishes & Spectro)
FRI 4/30: MK (BBB afternoon) & 1900 Park Fare dinner (EPCOT EMH?)
SAT 5/1: MK/Downtown Disney
SUN 5/2: DHS (MK EMH?)
MON 5/3: Check-out POR, Kona Cafe breakfast, Park Hopping

Let me know if you're going to be in the same park on the same day so I can keep an eye out for you!

Jen,
I'm so happy for you to meet up with an old friend. That is always so much fun. My BF from grade school lives in FL now. Last year she met us for a day at AK and stayed the night with us. I was hoping she would be able to join us again but not in the cards this year :sad: Have a great time!
as you know we should both be in Epcot on the 28th!
:wave2: Connie

Jen,
I'm so happy for you to meet up with an old friend. That is always so much fun. My BF from grade school lives in FL now. Last year she met us for a day at AK and stayed the night with us. I was hoping she would be able to join us again but not in the cards this year :sad: Have a great time!
as you know we should both be in Epcot on the 28th!
:wave2: Connie

We will definitely look for you at Epcot! Alicia (Peter Pan Fan 22) will be there also! Maybe we can all watch Illuminations together! pixiedust:

LOVE all the Easter pics Jen!! Jilly is so adorable and the family Easter picture turned out great!! All the shirts look awesome and all the goodies Jilly got are great!! It's so fun to buy those things for the kids, I can't wait until Helen gets a bit older and can really enjoy some of those things!! It looks like we may only overlap on Thursday and Friday, those days we will be doing a lot of park hopping so our paths may cross one of the those days!!!:goodvibes

Aww!! I love the Easter pics. Jilly looked sooo adorable and I love your family picture :goodvibes

LOVE all the Easter pics Jen!! Jilly is so adorable and the family Easter picture turned out great!! All the shirts look awesome and all the goodies Jilly got are great!! It's so fun to buy those things for the kids, I can't wait until Helen gets a bit older and can really enjoy some of those things!! It looks like we may only overlap on Thursday and Friday, those days we will be doing a lot of park hopping so our paths may cross one of the those days!!!:goodvibes

Awww thanks! It is definitely lots of fun shopping for girls! While I was at work tonight I picked up some Princess lip glosses with a little carrying case. It's so addicting! :confused3

Aww!! I love the Easter pics. Jilly looked sooo adorable and I love your family picture :goodvibes

Thanks, Lia! Aren't you in the World yet?????? I'm dying for a TR! :worship:

I was doing a bit of research and stumbled upon this:
after a little research I found this about locations for Illuminations:
Best Places to Watch Illuminations
1. UK-Canada Trail - A good spot to watch "Illuminations" is near the United Kingdom. As you're leaving the United Kingdom and entering Canada, there is a trail that leads off to the side. There are trees to sit under if you prefer. It is a little-known path with little to no crowd
2. Sushi Bar - The Japanese restaurant is one of the best places to eat in the whole of Disney. If you go to the sushi bar side of it before the fireworks show starts, you can watch the whole thing right out the window while you eat delicious, relatively cheap sushi.
3. CM Entrance - Between Norway and China there is a cast member entrance set back a ways from the walkway. You can step back into this area, get out of the way of the traffic and have a virtually unobstructed view of the lagoon and the sky.
4. Norway - In front of the Norway, good view, all facilities within easy reach (Kringla Bakeri, restrooms, water fountain).
5. France - Get there about 1/2 an hour early. There are iron bistro type tables and chairs right by the water. Head to the bakery - which is usually dead late at night. Grab some snacks (the cheese plate w/ bread, chocolate crepe, GM slushes)
6. Mexico - Cantina de San Angel, grab a churro and a water side table

I like what she says in #1 and 3
what do you guys think...I'm thinking if we catch Spectro and Wishes Sunday we do not need to do it again Wed. I will PM you both my cell and if you guys want to try to meet up
Posted it on Alicia's thread, too

I was doing a bit of research and stumbled upon this:
after a little research I found this about locations for Illuminations:
Best Places to Watch Illuminations
1. UK-Canada Trail - A good spot to watch "Illuminations" is near the United Kingdom. As you're leaving the United Kingdom and entering Canada, there is a trail that leads off to the side. There are trees to sit under if you prefer. It is a little-known path with little to no crowd
2. Sushi Bar - The Japanese restaurant is one of the best places to eat in the whole of Disney. If you go to the sushi bar side of it before the fireworks show starts, you can watch the whole thing right out the window while you eat delicious, relatively cheap sushi.
3. CM Entrance - Between Norway and China there is a cast member entrance set back a ways from the walkway. You can step back into this area, get out of the way of the traffic and have a virtually unobstructed view of the lagoon and the sky.
4. Norway - In front of the Norway, good view, all facilities within easy reach (Kringla Bakeri, restrooms, water fountain).
5. France - Get there about 1/2 an hour early. There are iron bistro type tables and chairs right by the water. Head to the bakery - which is usually dead late at night. Grab some snacks (the cheese plate w/ bread, chocolate crepe, GM slushes)
6. Mexico - Cantina de San Angel, grab a churro and a water side table

I like what she says in #1 and 3
what do you guys think...I'm thinking if we catch Spectro and Wishes Sunday we do not need to do it again Wed. I will PM you both my cell and if you guys want to try to meet up
Posted it on Alicia's thread, too

That sounds like it could work! I'll save your number in my cell! Thanks for the tips! PS...I will not be eating sushi...:rotfl:

I can't believe it! Two weeks from today we will be THERE!!!

14days.jpg

:rotfl::banana::woohoo::banana::rotfl:

I have been trying to get my scanner to work, but apparently I am not intelligent enough...:confused3

So here's one picture from my first trip to Disney...

untitled.jpg

If DH can get my scanner working when he comes home from work, I'll try to post a couple more pics from that trip, along with a bunch from our last trip (our Honeymoon!).

Wow! The weather forecast for Florida sure does change a lot from day to day! It reminds me of our weather here in the Cincinnati area! :lmao:

I would like to make a request to the powers that be...:worship: Please keep our current forecast!!!

Wednesday April 28 (Arrival/Epcot day): Mostly sunny, 79
Thursday April 29 (AK/MK): Partial sunshine, 78
Friday April 30 (MK day & BBB): Partial sunshine, 76
Saturday May 1 (MK & DTD): Mostly sunny, 79
Sunday May 2 (DHS): Abundant sunshine, 84
Monday May 3 (Free day/departure): Partial sunshine, 87

I would LOVE it if it stays around 80 degrees for our whole trip!! And not one mention of the rain/storms that were listed last time I checked! :banana:

I just can't believe we're actually leaving a week from tomorrow. Next Tuesday is going to be a very busy day! Jilly has picture day at her ballet class in the morning, and then her four-year checkup. I am getting my hair done in the evening, and probably making a stop at the tanning bed (I only go for special occasions)! I already have most of Jillian's stuff set aside...I have it sitting in her carry on bag and when she saw it she said, "I don't think that stuff's going to fit in there." :rotfl: She's so smart!

On Sunday I made myself a Mickey tie-dye tee. I still haven't convinced Jed to wear one, but I think he's caving. I also did ONLINE CHECK-IN!!! :woohoo: I spoke to someone at WDW Reservations to confirm our personal info for the airline, and while I had her on the phone I also confirmed our room request for POR!

I have been meaning to get Jilly's pictures taken at a studio like I do every year, but haven't done so yet (I didn't want to do it around her actual birthday since it was just two weeks before Easter and I knew it would be crazy!). I was looking at the PhotoPass website today, and I think I might just pre-order the CD instead of going to a studio this year. Since she's doing the BBB as a birthday gift from her grandparents, I think the pictures from that day will be an awesome memory for her!

I'm still trying to decide between the PhotoPass CD alone ($99.95) or the CD and Photo Book ($149.95). :confused: Has anyone ever ordered the books? Are they as awesome as they look on the website???

So those are really my only updates. I do have a funny story to share though (I know, I probably get the mom of the year award for thinking this is funny, but I was literally shaking with laughter when it happened...) Last night we went to Target. I had a $3 coupon for any Disney movie, so I let Jilly get Mulan. I started walking out of the aisle, and she was behind me with her head down looking at her DVD. All of the sudden I heard this loud "bonnnnnngggg" sound. I turned around and all I saw was Jilly's shoulders on either side of the pole in the middle of the aisle. She had walked right into it! I gave her a big hug (shaking with laughter, as previously mentioned) and she said, "It's not funny!" :rotfl: It wasn't until later that I noticed the huge red circle right on her hairline! Can you imagine how many things she's going to run into at WDW while she is distracted by all of the sights???? :lmao:

Wow... you are down to one week!!! I am so excited for you guys! You are going to have an amazing time.

That story made me giggle too... it's OK to laugh as long as they're ok, right? I hope so, because I crack up HARD when that happens to someone I love. :rolleyes1

I started my TR btw!! Link in my sig. I know you wanted me to let you know. I can't wait to read yours when you return!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter