• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Magic In the Mediterranean July 30, 2011

DarleneAnne

Mouseketeer
Ahoy!
I'm interested in starting a cruise meet thread for any Dis Board members who will be sailing on the Magic for the 7/30/11 cruise in the Mediterranean. I searched around and did not see any other threads for this cruise yet.
This will be my first Med. cruise, we sailed on the Magic in the Western Caribbean this past March and just found it to be a great ship with a great crew. I joined a thread before sailing and we had a meet and greet on the first day and a voluntary Fish Extender Gift Exchange, lots of fun so I hope there will be interest.
FYI-
We have sailed on 2 other non Disney cruises and just fell in love with the Disney Cruise!

Let me here from you!

Ahoy!
I'm interested in starting a cruise meet thread for any Dis Board members who will be sailing on the Magic for the 7/30/11 cruise in the Mediterranean. I searched around and did not see any other threads for this cruise yet.
This will be my first Med. cruise, we sailed on the Magic in the Western Caribbean this past March and just found it to be a great ship with a great crew. I joined a thread before sailing and we had a meet and greet on the first day and a voluntary Fish Extender Gift Exchange, lots of fun so I hope there will be interest.
FYI-
We have sailed on 2 other non Disney cruises and just fell in love with the Disney Cruise!

Let me here from you!

Hi Darlene we to are doing this same cruise (July 30th2011 Magic Med)
It's me (Michael) my wife -Joanne and son Perry.
We done the 11 day one on the Magic in May this year and it was fantastic and as such are old hands at this forum thingy. The may forum was massive so lets hope this one becomes just as big.
We to have sailed on other cruise line but have found Disney to be number one, sailed on the Wonder twice around the Bahamas and thought it was wonderful.
Mind you we are trying Royal Caribbean in march so I hope its just as good.
Anyway look forward to keeping an eye on this forum and hopefully watch as other people join in.

Cheers

Hi Michael,
Thanks for letting me know that you and your family are onboard as well. My husband Glenn and two daughters Cate and Emily will be onboard. I hope to see a lot of new people join the forum and maybe even get some ideas from people who have traveled to Europe. I am working on researching the ports a bit now and transportation via train to Rome etc.

I haven't been on Royal Caribbean, but I hear it's a nice cruise line from friends who have traveled with them. We have traveled on Holland America, which was nice but the last cruise was a little disappointing. Not the cruise itself, but the crowd of guests, no kids.
When we were docked in St. Martin the Disney ship was parked next to us and after 2 days at sea with almost no kids on board you can imagine what my daughters said. So that was when we promised to take a Disney cruise the next time. We expected it to be nice but overrun with kids. It was busy but my girls are teens so my husband and I took advantage of the adult area while they did their thing.
Anyway, nice to meet you and your family and have a nice cruise with Royal.

Hi DarleneAnne,

If you are interested in getting some info on the ports of call it may worth checking out the posts from from the previous forum I was on for the Magic Med criuse back in may this year. Its so big its stretched over two forums but you may find what you need there.
Having done it ourselves though feel free to ask us, if we can help we will.
Although the ports are a little different its pretty much the same.

cheers

this link should help you... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2460433

My daughter, 8 & I will also be on this cruise. We did the 4 night Bahamas on the Wonder last year so this will be our second cruise. We're actually flying into Paris 3 days before and staying at Disneyland Paris then Barcelona the day before the cruise. We're both super excited.

My daughter, 8 & I will also be on this cruise. We did the 4 night Bahamas on the Wonder last year so this will be our second cruise. We're actually flying into Paris 3 days before and staying at Disneyland Paris then Barcelona the day before the cruise. We're both super excited.
Hi,
Glad you will be aboard. It looks like your daughter enjoyed the Bibity Bobbity Boutique. My youngest did that a couple of years ago, but she's 14 now. I hadn't thought of Disney in Paris. We were thinking of possibly going to Portugal for a couple of days before then taking a train to Barcelona and staying a night or two after. When you went on your last cruise, did you participate in a Fish Extender Gift Exchange? I am thinking of organizing one for this cruise.

I don't know if you've been before but if you need any Disneyland Paris advice I'll probably be able to help ... as you can see from my signature I've been a few times!!

I will be going on this cruise as well!
I am a senior in high school, and my mother informed me earlier this week that she had booked my graduation gift, this cruise! I am thrilled!! As well as the rest of my family! This will be my parent's 2nd cruise, but first Disney cruise, and mine and my older sister's first cruise all together. We are a family full of Disney fanatics, so we are excited to have a Disney experience outside of the theme parks!

Hello everyone
My Wife, CHristine, and myself, Jack and three German friends, husband, wife and 7 year old daughter will be on this cruise.
It is the first time for Our German friends and all are excited. We have unofficially adopted the daughter as our "grandchild" as we have none of our own and need someone to spoil rotten.
For us it will be DCL cruise #9, but first Med cruise on DIsney. My wife will be in Egypt and Turkey the month prior to sailing so we will meet her there.
::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

I will be going on this cruise as well!
I am a senior in high school, and my mother informed me earlier this week that she had booked my graduation gift, this cruise! I am thrilled!! As well as the rest of my family! This will be my parent's 2nd cruise, but first Disney cruise, and mine and my older sister's first cruise all together. We are a family full of Disney fanatics, so we are excited to have a Disney experience outside of the theme parks!
Congratulations and I'm sure you will love the cruise! We loved ours last spring in the Caribbean!!

Hello everyone
My Wife, CHristine, and myself, Jack and three German friends, husband, wife and 7 year old daughter will be on this cruise.
It is the first time for Our German friends and all are excited. We have unofficially adopted the daughter as our "grandchild" as we have none of our own and need someone to spoil rotten.
For us it will be DCL cruise #9, but first Med cruise on DIsney. My wife will be in Egypt and Turkey the month prior to sailing so we will meet her there.
::MickeyMo::MinnieMo
I would like to plan a meet for everyone on this thread on embarkation day. So we will hopefully get to meet you and your family and friends! Have you always cruised on The Magic?

I can't believe I talked my husband into this! Transferred my reservation from a 3 day on the Dream to the Med cruise today. Soooo excited. It will be me, my DH and my DS, 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter