Magic In the Mediterranean July 30, 2011

Yes, we have only cruised on the Magic, all in the Caribbean. We think of it as our own, personal (rather large) yacht.

Yes, we have only cruised on the Magic, all in the Caribbean. We think of it as our own, personal (rather large) yacht.

...wait I thought it was our yacht??..

We will join all of you on this cruise..myself Tracy and my adult daughter Katy. Please post any great airfares you find! and definitely let's have a meet on embarkation day.

No, Newbie, as you very well know it is ours. We are just very generous in allowing others to use it particulalry you.
The meet sounds great.
::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Hi everyone. We are booked on the 7/31 cruise and are super excited. We did the Western Caribbean in 2009 and loved it. I expect this one to be even better. It will be myself, my husband and our three kids, 23, 20 and 14.

Is anyone interested in having a meet and greet at one of the lounges on the day of Embarkation? Also, we did a Fish Extender exchange on our cruise in the Western Caribbean, is anyone interested in having one for this trip? Just thought I would get an initial response from those of you on the thread.

Hi everyone. We are booked on the 7/31 cruise and are super excited. We did the Western Caribbean in 2009 and loved it. I expect this one to be even better. It will be myself, my husband and our three kids, 23, 20 and 14.

Just to be sure, I think you meant the 30th of July? Hope you are onboard with us, we have a 15 and a 19 year old, both girls.

Rookie DCL cruisers happy to be confirmed for July 30th sailing in the Med. I am trying to figure out what the FE thing is all about but based on some length post in the forum looks like a lot of fun. Also interested in a meet and greet too. Myself, DH, DS7 & DS5 - very excited!

Hi,
The FE exchange is fun, it involves hanging something like a small shoe bag, but much smaller with pockets from the fish that hangs outside of your cabin where the cabin number is located. Basically extending below the fish. I will try and find a picture of mine from last year. If you sew you can make one, but there are people on the DIS Boards who make them in whatever color you like with Mickey patches on them and personalized if you like. You have a list of people and who are participating and you bring an item or items like candy, postcards from home, penicls, custom magnets commemorating the cruise, you can lable the bag or item with your family's name and where you live, and you put them in a bag and deliver them to each fish extender during the cruise. We had fun with this, finding them. There is a list of participants and where they are located on the ship. You can make one bag for each cabin or for each member of that family. The kids loved finding surprises almost every day.

This is the lady who I ordered a custom FE from. She did a great job. The picture wouldn't add so visit Ebay and if you look up Fish Extenders, we used the seller gradysmommy.

I'll start a list. Thanks for letting me know and I will add new people as I hear from them. Nearer to the trip I'll send a request for cabin and family info so we know where to leave the exhange gifts.

Thanks Alex, glad you will be joining in. I will put a request out for participant details as we come close to the cruise.

My family will also be on this cruise (my husband, 19 month old daughter, and grandparents). We are very excited and we would like to be part of the FE. We are still reading and understanding exactly what it means. We are rookie cruisers.

In addition, my daughter will be turning 2 on Aug 2 during this cruise and I want it to be a fun birthday for her. :wizard: Any suggestions or direction is appreciated.

Thanks!:)

Hi all
Haven't been on for a while but having said that I'm not alone by the looks of it.
Was wondering if anyone new of a decent hotel near the port, something with a pool as we are spending a couple of days in Barcelona before we board the ship.

Any help would be great.

Hi all
Haven't been on for a while but having said that I'm not alone by the looks of it.
Was wondering if anyone new of a decent hotel near the port, something with a pool as we are spending a couple of days in Barcelona before we board the ship.

Any help would be great.

I was just about to post the same question. We are a family of four ( 2 teenagers) I would like to be in one room or joining rooms. Thanks in advance.

I would recommend the Gran Hotel Central in Barcelona, not far away from the port.

I will be in the 30/7 med cruise too with my wife and two children 10 and 12.

We will be on this cruise as well. Myself (Billie), my husband Mike, his parents Richard and Lorraine and our 8yr old son Aidan. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. We did a 3 day Bahamas and a 7 day Carribean. We are really getting excited.

If anyone would like the Navigators, port shopping guides and/or other documents from the 11 night med cruise from May 28 send me a PM with your email address and I will forward you lots of documents. I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as I enjoyed mine.

Happy Sailing!
Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter