Magic Key Program

Very frustrating. You absolutely can book from the "hotel bucket" if you have a Magic Key and a resort reservation. I had to use my laptop or "desktop mode" on my phone. CMs also gave me wrong information...I've found it best to assume it's the first day on the job for all CMs

Spent time with both the chat and cast member phone help and the only answer was that no one should be able to book before 90 days with a magic key. Thank you all for your help! It’s frustrating that different people get different IT results and answers. That’s why I appreciate you all on this board so much.

Can you get it to actually work on your computer? Like link up your hotel reservation and then successfully click through to book reservations using the hotel reservation? And if so, do you get a message saying come back at XX date? When my SIL tried to makes hers too soon it told her exactly what day she could come back to make them, which was 120 days.
I can’t get it to work on any device (phone, tablet, laptop, desktop) or any browser (Safari, Chrome - regular or incognito modes). I’ve cleared cache, cookies etc. etc. It did give me the date to come back to make them too and as soon as it opened it wouldn’t let me go past 90 days - so frustrating.

Very frustrating. You absolutely can book from the "hotel bucket" if you have a Magic Key and a resort reservation. I had to use my laptop or "desktop mode" on my phone. CMs also gave me wrong information...I've found it best to assume it's the first day on the job for all CMs
I know it’s a bummer - especially because that is the answer Disney IT gave me when they sent me to them as well. I tried explaining to them that others have done it but no one would listen and they said “it’s a mistake if others can make it”. Oh well, I’ll just keep my fingers crossed that I can make them at 90 days. Thank you all for your support and help!

I know it’s a bummer - especially because that is the answer Disney IT gave me when they sent me to them as well. I tried explaining to them that others have done it but no one would listen and they said “it’s a mistake if others can make it”. Oh well, I’ll just keep my fingers crossed that I can make them at 90 days. Thank you all for your support and help!
I can’t get it to work on any device (phone, tablet, laptop, desktop) or any browser (Safari, Chrome - regular or incognito modes). I’ve cleared cache, cookies etc. etc. It did give me the date to come back to make them too and as soon as it opened it wouldn’t let me go past 90 days - so frustrating.
That is really annoying. But the good news is, you don't need to stress about it. Reservations will not "run out." You will easily be able to book 90 days out and actually you can probably book the day before without issue if necessary! They don't come out and say it officially, but based on other people's experiences (mine included), having a hotel stay essentially means you can book any day you want, maybe outside of Christmas or NYE (which you could easily get that 90 out if that was the case).

That is really annoying. But the good news is, you don't need to stress about it. Reservations will not "run out." You will easily be able to book 90 days out and actually you can probably book the day before without issue if necessary! They don't come out and say it officially, but based on other people's experiences (mine included), having a hotel stay essentially means you can book any day you want, maybe outside of Christmas or NYE (which you could easily get that 90 out if that was the case).
That’s great news and very reassuring - thank you! I’ll just wait then. Thank you SOCALMouseMommy!

We were AP holders but haven't been back. Didn't get the key because I wasn't sure how it was going to work with the reservation availability and I would probably upgrade at the parks anyways. Looks like at the moment only the enchant key is available. Is it pretty similar to the flex pass? I had a Sig+ so going to a flex will be an adjustment and we might not even do it since we would like to go during the winter break.

From reading through the last pages it seems the main issue is there not being any reservations available. If we will more than likely always stay on site do we even have to worry about availability? Is there any way to add LL to the pass like MP?
Should we even consider it at this point with the mess that it looks like it is?
Looks like there are many block out dates and can't even tell what the future availability will look like.

We were AP holders but haven't been back. Didn't get the key because I wasn't sure how it was going to work with the reservation availability and I would probably upgrade at the parks anyways. Looks like at the moment only the enchant key is available. Is it pretty similar to the flex pass? I had a Sig+ so going to a flex will be an adjustment and we might not even do it since we would like to go during the winter break.

From reading through the last pages it seems the main issue is there not being any reservations available. If we will more than likely always stay on site do we even have to worry about availability? Is there any way to add LL to the pass like MP?
Should we even consider it at this point with the mess that it looks like it is?
Looks like there are many block out dates and can't even tell what the future availability will look like.

I, personally, wouldn't buy an Enchant Key. In fact, the only key that appeals to us is the Dream key. If for some reason they get rid of it, we will stop being keyholders. We are frequent visitors but I REFUSE to pay for parking every time. We will just as well drop our frequent visits if they phase out the Dream Key or don't allow us to renew it come August.

As far as reservation availability goes, it hasn't been an issue for us at all. We've been to the parks close to 20 times with our Dream Key since Sept 2 and have never once not been able to get a day we wanted. I feel like this issue is working itself out over time. I wouldn't let the reservation requirement stop me from buying a key.

As of now, you cannot add LL to the Magic Keys for a flat fee. It's the same daily price as it is for everyone else. We have not yet purchased Genie+/ILL nor do we ever plan to. At this point, I don't even think we would add it to our key if they allowed that. It just holds no value to us, personally. We visit frequently enough that we maybe ride 4-6 rides per visit and are satisfied with that.

Enchant is nothing like Flex unfortunately. With Flex you had “good to go days” and day that required reservations. With luck and planning you could go almost any day you wanted with very few truly blocked out dates.

Enchant has a lot of blocked out dates, most notably, most Saturdays throughout the year, all weekends in October and the entire summer from early June to mid August.

If you’re staying on-site your get access to a pool of reservations that are almost always available. However, if you have a Magic Key you can’t access blocked days even if reservations are available.

That said, the Enchant Key is relatively inexpensive so if they dates you need/want aren’t blocked out, it could be a good choice.

I, personally, wouldn't buy an Enchant Key. In fact, the only key that appeals to us is the Dream key. If for some reason they get rid of it, we will stop being keyholders. We are frequent visitors but I REFUSE to pay for parking every time. We will just as well drop our frequent visits if they phase out the Dream Key or don't allow us to renew it come August.

As far as reservation availability goes, it hasn't been an issue for us at all. We've been to the parks close to 20 times with our Dream Key since Sept 2 and have never once not been able to get a day we wanted. I feel like this issue is working itself out over time. I wouldn't let the reservation requirement stop me from buying a key.

As of now, you cannot add LL to the Magic Keys for a flat fee. It's the same daily price as it is for everyone else. We have not yet purchased Genie+/ILL nor do we ever plan to. At this point, I don't even think we would add it to our key if they allowed that. It just holds no value to us, personally. We visit frequently enough that we maybe ride 4-6 rides per visit and are satisfied with that.
Thanks this helps. I really would prefer the dream key as it looks pretty similar to the Sig+. Only reason I am entertaining the idea of the enchant key is because it is the only one available.

Thanks this helps. I really would prefer the dream key as it looks pretty similar to the Sig+. Only reason I am entertaining the idea of the enchant key is because it is the only one available.

How often do you actually visit? Is a key really the best option? I mean, if it is blacked out during a major travel period for you, it doesn't seem to be the best option. Would you be willing to work your trips around the availability calendar? You should be able to see the calendar 12 months out (the one that shows all the blackout dates).

Enchant is nothing like Flex unfortunately. With Flex you had “good to go days” and day that required reservations. With luck and planning you could go almost any day you wanted with very few truly blocked out dates.

Enchant has a lot of blocked out dates, most notably, most Saturdays throughout the year, all weekends in October and the entire summer from early June to mid August.

If you’re staying on-site your get access to a pool of reservations that are almost always available. However, if you have a Magic Key you can’t access blocked days even if reservations are available.

That said, the Enchant Key is relatively inexpensive so if they dates you need/want aren’t blocked out, it could be a good choice.
We would be staying on site which would help I guess with reservations being able. It is the only only available at the moment and with just one more trip it would make it worth it. We would just have to upgrade on last day. If we upgrade with 2 or 3 day tickets do we need to pay in full or monthly still allowed when upgrading at the booth?

How often do you actually visit? Is a key really the best option? I mean, if it is blacked out during a major travel period for you, it doesn't seem to be the best option. Would you be willing to work your trips around the availability calendar? You should be able to see the calendar 12 months out (the one that shows all the blackout dates).
Ill have to look for the calendar. The one I was looking at only showed a few months. But pre shutdown we always go 3-4 days in January and 3-5 in December for sure. With 1 -3 more trips in between depending on schedule. The more I think about it I am leaning towards a no for the key.

Ill have to look for the calendar. The one I was looking at only showed a few months. But pre shutdown we always go 3-4 days in January and 3-5 in December for sure. With 1 -3 more trips in between depending on schedule. The more I think about it I am leaning towards a no for the key.

The reservation availability calendar only goes out 3 months, but you can see the full blackout calendar here:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/
Any dates with grey slash through them are blackout dates.

I've had tremendous difficulty with reservations, especially for weekends. I have friends who want to go on the 26th and I just freed up some reservations from this past weekend. Right now, I can't book the 26th. Had similar issues in November where by the time my reservations were free, the dates I wanted were not available.

Constantly checking the site for reservations isn't really a good workaround because it's a huge waste of time and there's still no guarantee of reservations. With fireworks often not running and early closures on weekdays, I don't really care to go those days but with no reservation availability on the weekends, I can't go those days either. Reservations are definitely way more annoying than during the Flex Pass era. I also think that there's a huge risk that once Halloween and Christmas hit, Disney will pull the same stunt they will last year because people have forgotten it and think things have "gotten better" simply due to it not being busy season.

I've had tremendous difficulty with reservations, especially for weekends. I have friends who want to go on the 26th and I just freed up some reservations from this past weekend. Right now, I can't book the 26th. Had similar issues in November where by the time my reservations were free, the dates I wanted were not available.

Constantly checking the site for reservations isn't really a good workaround because it's a huge waste of time and there's still no guarantee of reservations. With fireworks often not running and early closures on weekdays, I don't really care to go those days but with no reservation availability on the weekends, I can't go those days either. Reservations are definitely way more annoying than during the Flex Pass era. I also think that there's a huge risk that once Halloween and Christmas hit, Disney will pull the same stunt they will last year because people have forgotten it and think things have "gotten better" simply due to it not being busy season.

We have gone every weekend since Jan 2. Usually, the weekends are "booked"...until Friday night. We have always been able to get last minute reservations and go. It's annoying when planning with other people, but we have never NOT gotten a day we wanted yet. I don't check that often anymore. I literally wait until the day before or morning of. There is always a park available last minute.

We have gone every weekend since Jan 2. Usually, the weekends are "booked"...until Friday night. We have always been able to get last minute reservations and go. It's annoying when planning with other people, but we have never NOT gotten a day we wanted yet. I don't check that often anymore. I literally wait until the day before or morning of. There is always a park available last minute.
Same. I’ve never not been able to get a reservation the night before.

I will say, though, I would LOVE a feature where you can switch the park you have reserved without the worry of completely losing your reservation. I wish there was a change function that would walk you through the process and confirm there is availability at the other park before you submit the change. I often randomly choose which park to start at, and then something comes up where we want to start at the other park for some reason and I'm always too scared to try and switch it.

My kids are off Jan 18 and a LONG time ago, I reserved DL for that day. Now, my kids want to be there at rope drop and have breakfast at Pyms, specifically, for the french toast. And right now, NO reservations are available, so I feel like its slim pickings to the point where if I see DCA come available, I can't know for sure that there will be enough reservations for us to switch. I hate that.

Same and for a good 4 week period of mid/late December through mid January day of reservation were completely open the entire day. For example I booked MLK Monday that day as I was leaving my house to head down in the late afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter