Magic Key Program

Same and for a good 4 week period of mid/late December through mid January day of reservation were completely open the entire day. For example I booked MLK Monday that day as I was leaving my house to head down in the late afternoon.

Yep. We went several more times over Christmas break than we had originally intended.

I hope they fix the Dream Key pass while it's sold out right now. But, sadly, I'm afraid the people here in this discussion forum might say it never will or such. Or maybe I'm reading it too far.

I hope they fix the Dream Key pass while it's sold out right now. But, sadly, I'm afraid the people here in this discussion forum might say it never will or such. Or maybe I'm reading it too far.
In what way are you looking for them to fix the dream key? I haven’t had any issues with getting reservations. It sometimes just takes a little patience and waiting until a day or two before you’re planning to go to be able to grab the date.

In what way are you looking for them to fix the dream key? I haven’t had any issues with getting reservations. It sometimes just takes a little patience and waiting until a day or two before you’re planning to go to be able to grab the date.
Well, my brother heard from his friends saying they're having a hard time making reservations with their Dream Key Pass and they told him it sucks. So, if yours is doing well, how so?

It takes patience and rechecking. Reservations always reopen the night before.
You mean all this time, that brother’s friends are wrong about Dream Key Pass? I’ve been tricked! Hoodwinked! Ambushed! Sorry. My post is, as soon as the Dream Key is on sale again, I’ll go buy it. And don’t care what my brother says. Thank you for clearing that up.

It takes patience and rechecking. Reservations always reopen the night before.
I guess this works for locals, but it doesn‘t work at all for those who have to travel in/fly in to the their Key. I don’t mind rechecking at all, but I can’t just book a flight and hotel with one day’s notice if the park availability opens up. Let alone, get off work.

Question for the available keys to purchase, if you purchase it at the ticket booth the day of, on a blackout day are they still allowing people to use it that day?
In the old days, they would let you buy a pass on a blockout day and enter the park, because it was activated.

Question for the available keys to purchase, if you purchase it at the ticket booth the day of, on a blackout day are they still allowing people to use it that day?
In the old days, they would let you buy a pass on a blockout day and enter the park, because it was activated.
I don’t think so. I think what you’d want to do is buy a regular ticket for that date & make a reservation, then at the end of the day upgrade to the pass.

I don’t think so. I think what you’d want to do is buy a regular ticket for that date & make a reservation, then at the end of the day upgrade to the pass.
This is correct. They don’t do that anymore. But you can only buy a ticket at the booth day of if there are reservations available for that day, so highly advise you to purchase your ticket in advance as soon as you know your date.

Since they're only selling Enchant and Imagine Keys, I'm not sure it's worth buying either right now. With the Enchant Key, there are only 23 total days left before the summer blackout, and with the Imagine, there are only 15. Then, both are completely blacked out until August 15th and 22nd, respectively. With the first anniversary coming up in August, and the Dream and Believe Keys still unavailable, I'd probably wait to see what news comes out over the summer, before sinking money into a Magic Key.

ETA: Enchant Keys are blocked out many Saturdays and Sundays, throughout the year, and Imagine Keys are blocked out Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I see a lot of mention of summer and weekends being blocked as an issue. Are there special events that happen during the summer or on weekends only that are the issue? THISSSSSS close to buying the enchanted key but now I'm second guessing.

Since they're only selling Enchant and Imagine Keys, I'm not sure it's worth buying either right now. With the Enchant Key, there are only 23 total days left before the summer blackout, and with the Imagine, there are only 15. Then, both are completely blacked out until August 15th and 22nd, respectively. With the first anniversary coming up in August, and the Dream and Believe Keys still unavailable, I'd probably wait to see what news comes out over the summer, before sinking money into a Magic Key.

ETA: Enchant Keys are blocked out many Saturdays and Sundays, throughout the year, and Imagine Keys are blocked out Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Thanks, now that you've broken down the availability, I plan to hold off. Hopefully, they offer the Believe key? with half off parking for 2023. I recently went on the weekend and between LL/G+ lines, I didn't get much accomplished.

I didn't purchase the the upgraded access but I figured if I get the Magic Key, I would be able to come back if I miss something.

I see a lot of mention of summer and weekends being blocked as an issue. Are there special events that happen during the summer or on weekends only that are the issue? THISSSSSS close to buying the enchanted key but now I'm second guessing.

Not really, its just the times most families are able to visit the parks, due to school and work schedules.

Wondering if someone knows the answer: We have Enchant Keys that have NOT been activated yet, but have been linked to my Disney profile for months. Recently, they’ve started counting down “Days Remaining” going from 366 to now 355. I’m confused why it would be counting down when we haven’t been to DL to activate them yet? Our first activation is planned for October of this year, but I don’t want to miss out on time if they auto activated or something. Anyone else have this issue?

Wondering if someone knows the answer: We have Enchant Keys that have NOT been activated yet, but have been linked to my Disney profile for months. Recently, they’ve started counting down “Days Remaining” going from 366 to now 355. I’m confused why it would be counting down when we haven’t been to DL to activate them yet? Our first activation is planned for October of this year, but I don’t want to miss out on time if they auto activated or something. Anyone else have this issue?
I’d definitely reach out to them. I know that back when we bought APs they would count down from the date of purchase and then they would manually reset the clock to 365 days out from our first visit. Everything is different and inconsistent with post covid Disney.

We were told that you must use your magic key within one year of purchase. We waited a few months to use ours, but my DS waited until yesterday. She was within 2 months of 1 year since the purchase date. Where did you see this countdown because we've never seen that before.

We were told that you must use your magic key within one year of purchase. We waited a few months to use ours, but my DS waited until yesterday. She was within 2 months of 1 year since the purchase date. Where did you see this countdown because we've never seen that before.

Pretty sure this is the reason. Once the year is up and you haven't activated it, it's not valid for admission anymore, just as a credit towards a new magic key (and most likely higher priced).

DLR used to give you til December 31st of the next year to activate it, but ever since it was cancelled and reimagined as Magic Keys, you have had one day from purchase to activate it.

Heck, WDW used to give you until 2034/2035 to active an AP voucher. They too changed it to one year from date of purchase.

Pretty sure this is the reason. Once the year is up and you haven't activated it, it's not valid for admission anymore, just as a credit towards a new magic key (and most likely higher priced).

DLR used to give you til December 31st of the next year to activate it, but ever since it was cancelled and reimagined as Magic Keys, you have had one day from purchase to activate it.

Heck, WDW used to give you until 2034/2035 to active an AP voucher. They too changed it to one year from date of purchase.
See I don’t think that’s it. We got these as Christmas gifts, but I’m pretty sure my MIL bought them in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter