Magic Kingdom Closed until further notice

sabres2580

Home of Spring Training Boston Red Sox=Fort Myers,
Magic Kingdom closed due to Spring Break. The capacity reached its limit. We waited 45 min to get on the monorail from the TTC and got turned back.
Apparently Epcot is near capacity too. Here come the crowds!!!! After we left Epcot (around 11:30ish due to the crowds) all FP were gone for Soarin' GONE IN 2 1/2 HOURS!!

Just saw this on twitter and came to check it out. Wish I was there still though, I'd find somewhere fun to be :goodvibes

:eek: Wow, sorry to hear about that. I hope that you are able to enjoy the rest of your time there.

:scared: I hope it's not that bad when we go next year. Our SB usually falls mid March though. I am guessing you are there now? Hmmm, may have to do another early summer trip instead :sad2:

With crowd estimates at 10 for the next nine days in a row, this is just the start of an ugly stretch... :eek:

Well it's Spring Break, Easter break and the 4/3 deal all in one week. So yeah, I can see where the park would reach capacity by now.

I'd be totally bummed though!

Is that normal? I have heard of Christmas and New Years but not Spring Break! WOW:scared1:

Holy buckets! I hope my DH doesnt find out about this, he will probably protest and refuse to go next month LOL.

I'm so sorry!!!

How awful, to plan a trip this big, deal with the crowds, and then not even be able to get in.

Can you hit DHS or AK instead today, then get to MK for Rope Drop tomorrow???

I know for Brevard County, and Volusia county here for the locals it's spring break for the kids this week, so there's probably alot of locals in there too!!!! YIKES!!

Wow! I can only imagine what the parks look like inside right now with them being at capacity. That is crazy!

...thinking happy thoughts for May, thinking happy thoughts for May...

pixiedust:

Wow! We were there last week and I didn't think it was all that crowded (we're used to going at crowded times). We were there Easter week last year and no park ever hit capacity. I guess we lucked out with our timing this year. I hope you have a great time in spite of the crowds and closures.

What is the capacity? That is too bad, I guess this is the week to get there long before rope drop.

wow i bet it looks like new years this last year.

So sorry to hear that.

I'm glad we were there last week. The crowds, while more than I expected, were certainly managable. We slept in and didn't get to any park before 9:30, and most days it was after 10:00. We still got LOTS of stuff done.

We were in MK for just an hour or so before our departure on Sat and the train attendant said that the estimate for that day was 50,000. He said they were adding the third steam train to the line that morning, so he knew the crowds would be huge!

Best of luck to all there this week.

How do these closures work? I've never experienced them before. Do they block anybody from getting in, or are Resort guests still allowed in? I'd be pretty upset to shell out money to stay on-site and still be unable to get into the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter