Magic Kingdom Closed until further notice

You can not get into a park with an ADR confirmation #.

We will be arriving on the 19th. I wonder how bad it will be then. Anyone have experience with crowds 2 weeks after easter? :confused3

what are the crowds like Thanksgiving week? And the temp. there?

Is MK decked out in Christmas decor in Thanksgiving week?

Thanks!

There are four stages to a park closing. Here's how Cheshire Figment explains it:
Cheshire Figment said:
The turnstile master computer at each park keeps track of both entries and exits. When a park capacity closes (which is done in stages) there has to be a certain number of people exiting, with the total "in park" below a certain number, before they start allowing people in again.

I am low enough on the totem pole that I have no idea what these numbers are.

There are four stages to park closing:

Stage 1 - The parking lot entrance is closed. You can only access the park if you are using Disney Transportation.

Stage 2 - The ticket windows are all closed (and the automated Ticket Vending Machines are turned off). Unless you already have a ticket you cannot get in.

Stage 3 - Only people with Annual Passes or current Resort IDs will be allowed in.

Stage 4 - Nobody is allowed in.

Note - having restaurant reservations in a park, even with written proof, will not override a stage closing for you.

Also, if you are staying at a Disney owned and operated Resort and have a ticket, you are guaranteed entry into A park. Not necessarily the one you want (unless you want to go into AK). And if you have entered and left a park and do not have a hopper you may not get into anything.

We'll be arriving on 4/16. I am expecting big crowds at least thru Sunday; the weekend we are there is Grad Night.

Good thing we can park hop and spend time at the pool!!!

Good luck all Easter and Spring Break travelers!:yay:

I might take back the 4/3 comment b/c I'm thinking this week was a blackout week.

It might have been a blackout week, but every time I crunched numbers online, the Disney website was willing to let me book any hotel for the 4/3 deal this week. I am a teacher and this week is my spring break, plus Easter Sunday is my birthday. I almost booked it with the 4/3 deal, but decided to book a summer trip instead. I have found that the Disney website will often let you book blackout dates with the special offers.

Thanks!

I cannot speak for crowds, I havent been that week. MK, etc will be in their Holiday decor. They start to put it up around the 2nd week of November, you leave Epcot and its one way, you arrive the next am and the giant tree is up, etc! Its fun to watch the transformation from day to day. popcorn::

Magic Kingdom closed due to Spring Break. The capacity reached its limit. We waited 45 min to get on the monorail from the TTC and got turned back.
Apparently Epcot is near capacity too. Here come the crowds!!!! After we left Epcot (around 11:30ish due to the crowds) all FP were gone for Soarin' GONE IN 2 1/2 HOURS!!

OH GEEZ! What time did you arrive at the MK???? We leave Monday and are staying DTD, I wonder if we will even get in the MK seeing as how we will have to start at theTTC.

All of a sudden I'm praying for rain next week!:wizard:

Oh no! I hope it clears out by the end of the month. I leave in 17 days. I am expecting crowds but not MK closing. :(
Arrival on 4/24...crowd levels 7s, then 5s

You can not get into a park with an ADR confirmation #.

We will be arriving on the 19th. I wonder how bad it will be then. Anyone have experience with crowds 2 weeks after easter? :confused3
4/19, crowd level 9s for two days, then 7s

Thanks!

Thanksgiving week, expect crowd levels as 9s, maybe a 10. Temps avg. low 59, avg high 79. And yes, the Christmas decor is up because the Mickey's Christmas parties are usually on the calendar well before Thanksgiving.

I just recieved a text from a co-worker who is in Disney right now, and she said that MK and DS are still both closed down at full capacity. Makes me glad that our trip isnt for at least a few more weeks! :woohoo:

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO glad we returned home before this started. We actually had decent days at the park (nothing you could do about Magic Kingdom though - it is always busy). I'm doing the :dance3: now but I feel sorry for the people there.

I know for Brevard County, and Volusia county here for the locals it's spring break for the kids this week, so there's probably alot of locals in there too!!!! YIKES!!

I know many school districts in new york are closed this week as well.

We are at WDW now and the parks have been CRAZY crowded. We waited over a half hour for Spaceship Earth at noon. The wait for Soarin' was 115 minutes at that point and Test Track was at a 100 minute wait.

We have ADRs at CM tonite and will try the MK afterwards. The crowds usually thin out a bit after the 3:00 parade. We went to DTD last nite and today for lunch and it was quite busy as well.

Not sure what number is capacity NOW but 20 years ago when I was a CM I know it was around 70,000 for MK, 70,000 for EC and 35,000 for MGM. (There was no DAK back then).

We'll be there next week. I'm glad we're WDW-Pros. This trip was a last minute planned trip with a super deal from Priceline. We will have our car with us too - so we won't be at the mercy of WDW transportation.

We don't mind just going for a couple hours and returning for naps/swims/etc. I plan on doing a few things in each park before early afternoon. All our Dinner ADRs are at resorts or DTD --- should be good.

At least I know what to expect and won't be one of those "grumpy newbies" -- I do feel bad for them though.

I am so glad i returned last night! It was crowded but not enough to close the parks down the whole time we were there.
Kim

Good lord! I just posted this over at Examiner and linked to this thread so people can get real-time reports. I am going to be staying far, far away from the parks till the craziness settles down. Unreal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter