Magic Kingdom Closed until further notice

And here in Missouri spring break is always around the 3rd week of March no matter where Easter falls.

Not for parochial schools. Almost all the parochial schools in the Eastern part of the state (both Catholic AND Lutheran) always break in the weeks bracketing Easter. They always get Holy Thursday and Good Friday off, so the rest of the week goes with that.

In the Catholic schools of the Archdiocese of St. Louis ALONE, that is upward of 55,000 students.

We just got back and MK was closed during one of the days of the week we were there. They were definitely turning Day Guest Away we could see that as we were driving back to Wilderness Lodge.

Yeah wait times were unbelievable but Spring Break vacations you MUST follow a plan. We used the Unofficial Guide touring plans. The longest wait we had was Toy Story Mania (when the Park opened). Otherwise the most we stood in line was 20-30 minutes.

This thread had me SO worried!

I'm at the MK right now waiting to watch Spectro and it's not that bad.

We got here at 6:45 and did the 5 rides we wanted to do.

Most were walk ons. If you know what you're doing and you have a plan you'll be fine. If you want to go on PP or Dumbo at 7pm you'll have problems.

According to the CMs in Hawaii at the Poly, the MK didn't close today. :)

...thinking happy thoughts for May, thinking happy thoughts for May...

pixiedust:

I'm with you on that! I'm glad I'm going two weeks before Memorial Day weekend (27 days!). Yikes, I just hope the MK is not filled to capacity on May 11th. That's the day that my sister planned for us to be in that park....

We were at MK today and had no trouble at all. I'm glad I knew about the park closures of last week because it made me extra sure to be there at rope drop. We did between 12-14 rides/shows between 7am and 12:30pm. We would have been done sooner, but we got caught up at the Judge's Tent meeting Mickey. Came back to BC for a nice long nap and went back to MK from 6-9pm.

Walked on to Space Mtn a couple of times this morning, but the standby time was 100 minutes around 8pm.

Rope drop, rope drop, rope drop. Piece of cake. =)

I get there on Sunday... woo hoo!
If the crowds are big that's ok, I am just happy to be at WDW and not at work. I will even be nice and let those who are in a commando hurry by...

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

that would be me - shift over we're going to see tink.

just kidding - we don't arrive until the 29th LOL

can't wait to get there and hope it's not too busy.

I get there on Sunday... woo hoo!
If the crowds are big that's ok, I am just happy to be at WDW and not at work. I will even be nice and let those who are in a commando hurry by...

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm with you !! We are arriving on Saturday and I agree that just not being at work will be great. See you there !!

I wonder how people even know what they are in line FOR? Some of the "sheep" just see a line, think it must be good, and jump in.

An old episode of The Simpsons had a joke about this. Bart & Lisa go to Duff Gardens and see this massive line and Bart says to Lisa, "A line this big, it's gotta be good." So they get in line and the camera pans the entire course of the line to reveal it's nothing more than an information booth.

This will be WONDERFUL (not) for next year-I just checked and the Masters is schedule for April 5-11 next year- Easter is on April 4.
My vacation is schedule for most of the week after Easter. Crowds here we come!:thumbsup2 Oh well, I'd rather be there when it is crowded than not at all! We'll make the most of it!

We are planning to go April 14 - 21 next year (I fly midweek to save $$). Hopefully I the crowds will be long gone!

Do you guys think the crowds will be down the week of May 3rd through the 9th? That is when me and my husband are going. We're taking my parents who have never been to Disney before and I want them to enjoy it and not complain about crowds and such the whole time :)

I'm thinking since Easter/Spring break is mostly over it should be better but I'm just assuming. My husband and I went to Disney two years ago in October and it was wonderful and not crowded...So I don't know what to expect for May....This thread scared me a little.

Thanks!

Do you guys think the crowds will be down the week of May 3rd through the 9th? That is when me and my husband are going. We're taking my parents who have never been to Disney before and I want them to enjoy it and not complain about crowds and such the whole time :)

I'm thinking since Easter/Spring break is mostly over it should be better but I'm just assuming. My husband and I went to Disney two years ago in October and it was wonderful and not crowded...So I don't know what to expect for May....This thread scared me a little.

Thanks!

You will be just fine crowds won't be bad at all. School is in session for most kids, and that is the main reason for crowds (when kids are out of school it's more crowded!) (in my opinion).

If you want to know the best park to be in on which day, you could sign up for Tour Guide Mike. He has great advice. (click at the top of this forum and you get $3 off for being on the Disboards). Also, if you are not satisfied, he'll give you your money back. What is nice is he explains why you should or should not go to a certain park on a given day.
-Have fun - and Don't Worry!!
-mary

i'm hoping that people who will be there next week will pop in and let us know what's happening.

we arrive on the 29th and really hope it's back to what we are used to - mind you we used to go in January so i'm not expecting that few people - just not as many as our last trip at the end of may 2 years ago - hot, crowds prob around 7, hot. swore i'd never go back any other month but january yet here we are - only this time beginning of may so hope it's better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter