Magic Kingdom Closed until further notice

Maybe the castmember friend meant that as a time period Easter is more busy? And that could well be true if you take the amound of days when the park will be busy. At christmas you have one week, at Easter you have 2-3 weeks of really busys time. I'm not doubting that intensity wise Xmas is more busy, but crowd wise and length of duration Easter probably wins. Sort of like the difference between a sprint and a marathon.

:thumbsup2 I agree, Easter/Spring Break could be defined as so many weeks

Crowds are down, there is a bad ecomony. Hasn't everyone heard?

I dont know if this was a joke but.......:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Was at MK yesterday. Arrived around 1:00ish and the crowds were not bad at all. At 2:00 BTMRR wait time was 70 minutes. It wasn't shoulder to shoulder so you had a little room to breathe. By 9:30, there was a 5 minute wait for Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and 35 for Space Mtn. Had no problem finding a table at Tomorrowland Noodle Station at 8:45.

I would think that this week will be a little calmer than last week.
Would be interesting to hear from people who are there today.

Hello, I am new to Disboards and full of questions. One important one to me is about Presidents day crowds. How are they? We are planning on visiting Feb 8th thru the 12th 2010. Just curious, I havent been there in 15 years and this is our first family vacation ever so I want it be very magical for my family.

Hello, I am new to Disboards and full of questions. One important one to me is about Presidents day crowds. How are they? We are planning on visiting Feb 8th thru the 12th 2010. Just curious, I havent been there in 15 years and this is our first family vacation ever so I want it be very magical for my family.

Hi and :welcome: to the DIS!

President's Day week is very busy. It's nowhere near as busy as last week, or Christmas week, or the weeks surrounding July 4, but you will have PLENTY of company.

But I just realized you say you will be leaving in the 12th, so that is NOT President's Day week. Friday the 12th is when the big crowds will be arriving, and you will be leaving.

Thats actually right before Presidents Day Week

The week before Presidents day has been known to be a slow week but this past year it was pretty bad. My family was there that Thursday and Friday and it was crazy. On friday we went to EPCOT and we couldnt belive the people walking around world showcase:scared1:

Presidents Day week itself is very busy

I think the issue is not as much spring break - but Georgia and Florida spring break. Last year and this year, Georgia and Florida shared the same week for spring break (for those of you who like to pre-plan, most public school districts in Georgia determine Spring Break by the dates of the Master's tournament and NOT by Easter - so last year, Easter week was not so bad, but the week that Georgia and Florida breaks overlapped had huge crowds).

I am not suprprised that the weekend was not as bad as Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday - all the GA and FL folks had to get home to get ready for school. :goodvibes

I think the issue is not as much spring break - but Georgia and Florida spring break. Last year and this year, Georgia and Florida shared the same week for spring break (for those of you who like to pre-plan, most public school districts in Georgia determine Spring Break by the dates of the Master's tournament and NOT by Easter - so last year, Easter week was not so bad, but the week that Georgia and Florida breaks overlapped had huge crowds).

I am not suprprised that the weekend was not as bad as Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday - all the GA and FL folks had to get home to get ready for school. :goodvibes

Florida's counties stagger their Spring Break - they don't all go at once. I know that Seminole, Brevard, Duval & Volusia had their Spring Break last week, but many, many other counties had already had their breaks including Orange County before last week. Some are on break this week. Florida Colleges also stagger their breaks and most of them were done in March.

The same goes for Georgia schools. I think only the counties around Augusta do the break for the Masters. Others stagger. I live in Georgia and we have a county and city school system. The city schools were out two weeks ago and the county system was out last week. Meanwhile, our local university was out in mid-March so I don't think there is any set time when all school systems are out in Georgia.

Same with Georgia high school and college spring breaks -- they're definitely not all at the same time. Ours was last week, but a neighboring county's was the week before. And one of the colleges in our area had spring break during the third week of March.

I think it is safe to say that HUGE number of school districts all over the country have their spring breaks timed to coincide with Easter (either week before or week after) and/or late March/early April. So I would certainly expect huge crowds around that general time frame. I think the combination of factors mentioned throughout this thread all contributed to what happened last week.

I just hope what happened last week with the park closures is not an omen of things to come this summer!!

So does anyone have any news about park volume or closures today? I have a friend who just arrived this morning, and I'm afraid to call her to see how it's going. :scared:

The same goes for Georgia schools. I think only the counties around Augusta do the break for the Masters. Others stagger. I live in Georgia and we have a county and city school system. The city schools were out two weeks ago and the county system was out last week. Meanwhile, our local university was out in mid-March so I don't think there is any set time when all school systems are out in Georgia.

I work in Georgia public education - Fulton County(most of the Atlanta suburbs) coincides Spring Break with the Masters Tournament, as does Fayette, Atlanta Public Schools, Clayton - and just about every system surrounding Atlanta. There are powerful people within the board that have memberships @ Augusta - love those Georgia "Good Old Boy" politics. :goodvibes

While some small rural districts in Georgia may do otherwise, the majority of Georgia schoolchildren break with the Masters - I've had spring break Easter week, weeks before Easter, and weeks after Easter - but always with the Masters. :goodvibes:goodvibes

I work in Georgia public education - Fulton County(most of the Atlanta suburbs) coincides Spring Break with the Masters Tournament, as does Fayette, Atlanta Public Schools, Clayton - and just about every system surrounding Atlanta. There are powerful people within the board that have memberships @ Augusta - love those Georgia "Good Old Boy" politics. :goodvibes

While some small rural districts in Georgia may do otherwise, the majority of Georgia schoolchildren break with the Masters - I've had spring break Easter week, weeks before Easter, and weeks after Easter - but always with the Masters. :goodvibes:goodvibes

This will be WONDERFUL (not) for next year-I just checked and the Masters is schedule for April 5-11 next year- Easter is on April 4.
My vacation is schedule for most of the week after Easter. Crowds here we come!:thumbsup2 Oh well, I'd rather be there when it is crowded than not at all! We'll make the most of it!

I just came back, I was in ASmu from april 6 till today.....it was very crowded, veery...but...I allways got up early and I got to do everything I wanted......if you just get up late and arrive at 10 am -11 am, you'll be in trouble. :thumbsup2

And here in Missouri spring break is always around the 3rd week of March no matter where Easter falls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter