Magic Kingdom Closed until further notice

Just like to say that Easter is a VERY popular time for people visiting from UK too. Our schools have 2 weeks off and parents only need to use 8 days of their vacation time (instead of 10 as we have 2 bank holidays!). Also the weather is a bit more kind to our soft skin totally unused to sun!!! than it would be in summer.

thanks everyone for all the info we will make emergency plans but im hoping with the extra hours and most of our reservations at resorts we should be okay. I just cant wait at thispoint. almost told them this morning I cant keep it in any longer!

Just like to say that Easter is a VERY popular time for people visiting from UK too. Our schools have 2 weeks off and parents only need to use 8 days of their vacation time (instead of 10 as we have 2 bank holidays!). Also the weather is a bit more kind to our soft skin totally unused to sun!!! than it would be in summer.

Which two weeks do you have off? Is it the week before and after Easter? Our kids are off the week after Easter only. Two weeks would be so nice !!

Wowza! After reading through this thread, I am soooooooooooooooo happy we decided to take the kids out of school! We were there 3/28 - 4/4. Our trip was originally booked for 4/4 - 4/13 so hooray for us, we missed park closings!

:cheer2:

Hmm..everytime I see this thread it makes me a little depressed. :( Im going May 10th thru the 15th...Hope its not too crazy busy.

According to wdwmagic, there are no updates for today, so I take that to mean all parks are still open to all incoming traffic. HTH.

Which two weeks do you have off? Is it the week before and after Easter? Our kids are off the week after Easter only. Two weeks would be so nice !!

We have the week before and the week after Easter off. It is nice but it is generally accepted that this is the best 2 weeks to hit WDW!!!

We got back 4th April we took our DD out of school :scared1:

We are just arriving back from a very relaxing day at DHS. Got there for rope drop and dh ran to TSM for FP while ds and grandpa went and did RnRC and TOT. Grandma and I did character greetings with the little ones and rode stand by for TSM, 30 minute wait. Met up after that and did stunt show, backlot tour, TSM with FP and a few other low key things. Rode ToT a few more times with FP and headed home. Very relaxing and not insanely crowded day!

Is the week before Easter always this bad, or is this year unusually bad for some reason?

Is the week before Easter always this bad, or is this year unusually bad for some reason?

Easter is on very different dates each year.

30 March 1997
12 April 1998
4 April 1999
23 April 2000
15 April 2001
31 March 2002
20 April 2003
11 April 2004
27 March 2005
16 April 2006
8 April 2007
23 March 2008
12 April 2009
12 April 2009

So, that fact, coupled with various Spring Breaks from different schools across
the country, and various vacation dates from around the world,
each year can either be MORE busy, or LESS busy around Easter.

It is always busy, but sometimes it can be VERY busy.

Next year, Easter is on April 4th. Metro Atlanta schools (and I'm sure many other school systems) will have the week of April 5-9 off for Spring Break. I imagine it will be crazy busy again next year. :crazy:

We were at AK today, and we had a WONDERFUL time! :thumbsup2 We got there before rope drop (7:45am). Today we were able to ride EE 3 times (twice with FP), TS, PW, Dinosaur, Safari, Kali, saw ITTBAB and FOW and walked many trails and saw many animals! Crowds were not insane...just the normal crowded feel you usually get at AK starting at 11am. EE still had FP at 11:30 with a return time of 1:30. We ate at RFC and left by 4pm. It was a great way to spend Easter!!!

Our schools always take the week after Easter for spring break. We took our kids out and went 3/7-3/14. Much better crowdwise!!

Most of the local schools around here were closed this past week. I think that is why it was so insane there last week.

We just returned from our trip and when I saw this thread I just thought tuesday. That was our first day in the parks and my god it was terrible with castmembers following the lines to mark where they started and there being a 30-40 minute wait for columbia harbor house. As the week progressed crowds dimmed down but we were wondering whether or not if it reached capacity and apparently it did. We got 5 rides done in 7 hours...

Don't think so, but attendance can vary on different years.

Maybe the castmember friend meant that as a time period Easter is more busy? And that could well be true if you take the amound of days when the park will be busy. At christmas you have one week, at Easter you have 2-3 weeks of really busys time. I'm not doubting that intensity wise Xmas is more busy, but crowd wise and length of duration Easter probably wins. Sort of like the difference between a sprint and a marathon.

I am anxious to hear about the crowds this week. I would think they would be better than last week. Hopefully no more closed parks. Everyones opinion on the crowds seems to be different....but I would still like to hear them. So anyone there this week....let us know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter