Magic Kingdom Sketch Swap~CLOSED

I am good with 5x7 or smaller, I usually print to work with what I am using.

I agree with others that the title doesn't need to be the ride as long as we can tell what it is.

Off to pick sketches and make some plans.:)

tyniknate said:
Love Winnie the Pooh. This is one of my favorite quotes:

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”

Pooh is my favorite character in the whole wide world.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

tyniknate said:
Is there a good Halloween cart anyone can recommend? I'm looking online but it is so hard to tell. Anyone have one that they love? Haunted mansion pages will give me just the right excuse to purchase one.

Love Happy Hauntings. Cricut.com has the digital handbooks.

vgrandy said:
Small world! Maybe I can save some postage. Where do you shop for scrapbooking supplies?

Victoria

Mostly online, but I used to work at Right at Home Scrapbooking in North Attleboro.

I've been wanting this one.

http://www.cricut.com/res/handbooks/AFrightfulAffairwebhandbook.pdf

That looks like an awesome cartridge. I have the happy haunting and I love it.
So, I'm a little late to the conversation (as usual) :rotfl2:
I always scrap with 4x6 photos. But I am happy to try using different sizes.
I am glad we are not being to particular to with the fonts matching the ride fonts. I Unfortunately I never joined the the SCAL bandwagon. Also, glad about not having to use the full titles for rides, monsters inc laugh floor may not fit on the page I had in mind.

PrincessNancy96 said:
Yep, I knew that was how they spelled it as it was a big issue one swap year (many, many moons ago) when someone spelled it wrong...

I always pull a photo or disney.com to make sure I spell the ride names correctly!!

That's why I wanted my spelling checked!

That's why I wanted my spelling checked!

I hear ya!!

I have my stuff ready to go.. sketches picked.. need to print and then prep my "preparation/shopping" page for each layout..

I'm going to do this in hopes that I can stay on track and spend minimal and make sure I shop from my STASH that is flowing throughout my scraproom!!

:rolleyes1

Question to all the lovely ladies, what size pictures do you prefer. Do you prefer 4X4, 3X3 or something more along the line of 3X4 to be able to print 2 pictures on a 4X6? Also do you ever print 5X7 for your pages?

99.9% print 4x6 or 2 3x4 because I can squeeze pics onto 1 4x6. If I print 3x4 I can cut to 3x3 and if I print 4x6 I can cut down to 4x4.
That was a whole lot of help huh?!?1 :rotfl:

Speaking for myself only, I think having it not match exactly is preferable to printed. But, that's just me...

I agree, I don't think I've ever matched fonts to a ride. I just use what I have. I'll take no where close fonts over printed fonts.

I think as long as you can tell that it's for pictures on or around the ride, it doesn't have to be the name of the ride. How does everyone else feel?

I agree! As long as the over all theme is cohesive I'm good with variant titles.

have my ideas and sketches all picked out!

have probably 1/2 my paper in stock...this is going to be good to use up my stash!

list made for shopping....most embellishments I'll be using carts or clipart so that should save a bunch of $$ too!

Sketches picked and ideas planned. I will go through my stash tomorrow to pull papers.

Need to start designing in SCAL and CDS.

I don't want to get too far ahead until Vicki chooses her spots.

I'm planning on buying for and working on one set at a time. The first will probably be Jungle Cruise because I remembered that I bought a pack of paper at Tuesday Morning that is an alligator texture (I found and used it for Kermit).

Thanks for remembering Vicki. I'd hate for everyone to get too far ahead and have to do even more work!

I'm not starting yet either....just pulling what I have just in case

Looks like I'll be taking 35, Astro Orbiter, 40, Space Mountain, 42, Tommorrowland Transit Authority, and 45, Snacktime. I'll have to read everything before this another time.

VickiV

VickiV ~ if there is anything of mine you would like to trade just let me know... I have plans but nothing purchased so it can be easily changed!!!

Jennifer.. was just thinking...
Let's say... the sketch you select has a long rectangle box that is 3x12.... and the photos are over top of it near the top... but the journaling is lined on the rectangle box... but it's on page 2; non attached..... do you want us to put the lines on the rectangle still... I'll find an example...

sketchjournalexample_zps2243d547.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter