Magic Kingdom Swap Signups---CLOSED

Whew! The sign ups went fast!!

As most of you know, I have been sick and am still battling laryngitis. I took nitetime cough syryp last night and thought that i would just lay down on the couch to watch some tv and then come check on the sign ups later and guess what, it was 6:30 a.m. when I woke up! So it was get ds up and ready and me ready and out the door for work. No problem, I'll check the sign ups on my breaks at my substitute teacher job--welll, computer internet access was down. GRRR!

Pick up ds after school, go to appointment which lasts longer than should, run home and make supper, look at pm from pjpoohbear, but don't have time to answer as noodles were boiling over and after we eat, we must rush out the door to boy scouts, then another meeting for me.

So this is the first I have had time to look and I want to say pjpoohbear--thank you, thank you, thank you for doing the cheat sheet for me! I am sorry I did not have time to answer you, I am not mad at all, just very grateful that you have helped me out with this! The unofficial cheat sheet really has helped clarify things for everyone. I have printed this off and will look at it tomorrow and get back to everyone after I am done at school tomorrow--same place, so no internet access again.

Thanks to everyone for being so patient and understanding. This new year was supposed to go smoothly!!!

If you would like to get with your partner for the land and coordinate colors, I think that would be fine. I have some links for library pockets and mini file folders that I will add tomorrow. I think there are some in the sticky notes as well.

I will try to answer everyone's questions tomorrow.

Again, thanks for being patient. Hopefully tomorrow will be a smoother day, though we must be out of the house by 6:50 a.m. as ds needs to be at school by 7 a.m. tomorrow.

Darlene

I am reasonably new to scrapbooking...just checking so that I don't do my frames wrong.
Is double matted two layers of card??? Is it anything else???
Thank You princess:.

Eeek! I just realised something. I don't have much access to acid free cardstock apart from 12x12 and it costs a fortune. Can the bottom mat of the toppers be A4 width and does it matter if the paper for that and the journalling boxes isn't acid free?

I went to my LSS today and the die cut letters didn't quite work out as I had hoped. I'm going to have to fool around and decide what to do, but I may end up switching to a topper instead of borders. I hope that's okay.

As far as colors - I'm planning on using pastel pinks, blues and whites, and possibly some other pastel colors.

I would love to do Adventureland! I will do 1 frame, 1 photo mat and the squares! Can you tell me how to do the squares! I am pretty sure I have an idea, but any pics would be awesome! Thank you so much! I am excited!

VistaLeigh'smommy said:
Can you tell me how to do the squares! I am pretty sure I have an idea, but any pics would be awesome! Thank you so much! I am excited!

Here are links to some swap photos--there are several of squares on there.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4084831&a=31819633&f=0

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4084831&a=31395093&f=

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4084831&a=31603140&f=

There are a few ways to make squares. You can cut or punch 1 inch squares and put one at an angle under another and then decorate the top one with sticker, clipart, rubber stamp, etc. I hope that makes sense.

Check this link:

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=653780

Or

Make a 1 inch and a 1 1/2 inch square, put the smaller on top of the larger and embellish the top one.

Queenie said:
Eeek! I just realised something. I don't have much access to acid free cardstock apart from 12x12 and it costs a fortune. Can the bottom mat of the toppers be A4 width and does it matter if the paper for that and the journalling boxes isn't acid free?

Okay, refresh my memory is A4 width about 200 cm? That would convert to about 8 inches, right?

I think it would be okay if those papers aren't acid free as they will not be touching any pictures directly.

What about colors and characters? Do we have to match with our buddy?

Thanks

I've never swapped before, but I have been scrapbooking for five years. I'd love to give it a try. If it's still available, I'll take Tomorrowland in Group Two, the two photo mats and two tags. How large should the photo mats be?

A4 width is 11.5 inches. Hopefully it won't make too much of a difference, most people don't seem to line up their mats right to the edge of the 12x12 anyway. I'll stick in a note with each set warning that the paper isn't acid free too.

Being this is my 1st swap - I have a question - when we are done with our items who do we send them to? Each individual person in our group or the swap coordinator?

Thanks -

knovak said:
Being this is my 1st swap - I have a question - when we are done with our items who do we send them to? Each individual person in our group or the swap coordinator?

Thanks -

We will send them to the host. :flower:

Can I do Frontierland photomat and another element? Probably a file folder type thing?
Thanks!!!!
Liz

All right everyone, you've convinced me to join the fun!

Please put me down for Adventure Land 2 borders and a mini file folder.

Please be patient with me, this is my first swap and I'm sure I will have a thousand questions before it is all over.
Plus my due date is February 24th :teeth: so I'm going to get started by this weekend. If for some unforseen reason I go into labor early, DH will finish things up for me.

My first question is for the borders, they go vertically, right? And 11" is the total height including the double mat?

VistaLeigh's mommy, would you like to coordinate colors?

Is it too late to join in?? I could take a topper or border for one of the open slots if I can....

Who should I PM??

Thanks

Pam

For my group 1 Adventureland spot, I think I will make 2 embellished tags. I just got 2 tag dies for my Sizzix for Christmas, and haven't had time to play with them yet. This will be a good opportunity! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter