Magicians & Jugglers & a Clown Slide, OH MY! We're going to the BWI... A Nov 2010 PTR

We're back. :sad: The trip was good, but very cold in the beginning. I know 60 doesn't sound too bad (especially for someone from PA!) but that wind was bitter cold. I couldn't believe it. And then of course when the sun went down it was freezing. We sure didn't take enough winter clothes with us. The weather got much better the second half of the trip, but the evenings were still chilly. Same with the crowds - really crowded in the beginning, but it got better later in the week. I probably wouldn't go during the F&W Festival again, it really took away from Epcot - huge crowds and drunk people everywhere. :sad2: So all in all it was not as great of a trip as last November, but we still had some very awesome moments and a wonderful time and I have plenty to share with you! :goodvibes

Thank you all for thinking of us while we were gone. :grouphug: Thanks so much for your prayers and pixie-dust!

Thank you JO for keeping everyone updated!!!

We met up with Shawna (Disney Mommy 3) Saturday evening. We all chatted away until it was time for us to get to our dinner. Very nice family, I wish we would have had more time to visit with them. I hope they are having a great time this week!

Yay! You're here! :yay: We all missed you! :goodvibes

I wasn't too surprised about the weather in the first part of your trip. We had that cold wind on the Friday before you left. I worried that the front would be moving through Floirda a couple of days later. In the sun it wasn't bad, but in the shade or at night you are right....it was freezing! :cold: I'm glad the weather warmed up for y'all later in the week. I can't wait to hear if you got to enjoy the pool.

I know that not every trip can be as magical as the one before, and I'm sad that this one wasn't up to your previous stays. But thank goodness you had some very special and fun times! I can't wait to hear all about it! One thing I really am anxious to know is if you would return to BWI again or go back to a mod.

It's nice that you got to meet up with Shawna, if only for a little while.

Yes, Jo was our lifeline to you this week! :laughing: Hearing bits and pieces made it seem like the week flew by! Thanks again, Jo. :thumbsup2

I hope it's a little nice being back home. I usually am happy to be back in my own house, even when I've had a great time and sad to leave. Are your boys home today or back in school?

Yay! You're here! :yay: We all missed you! :goodvibes

I wasn't too surprised about the weather in the first part of your trip. We had that cold wind on the Friday before you left. I worried that the front would be moving through Floirda a couple of days later. In the sun it wasn't bad, but in the shade or at night you are right....it was freezing! :cold: I'm glad the weather warmed up for y'all later in the week. I can't wait to hear if you got to enjoy the pool.

I know that not every trip can be as magical as the one before, and I'm sad that this one wasn't up to your previous stays. But thank goodness you had some very special and fun times! I can't wait to hear all about it! One thing I really am anxious to know is if you would return to BWI again or go back to a mod.

It's nice that you got to meet up with Shawna, if only for a little while.

Yes, Jo was our lifeline to you this week! :laughing: Hearing bits and pieces made it seem like the week flew by! Thanks again, Jo. :thumbsup2

I hope it's a little nice being back home. I usually am happy to be back in my own house, even when I've had a great time and sad to leave. Are your boys home today or back in school?

Thanks Teri!

We definitely got to enjoy the pool. It was funny, one day we were sitting there at the pool and DH says (I had previously told him about all the people on the DIS that are afraid of the clown pool) -- I don't get it, it's not alive, what are people so afraid of??! :lmao: I said - IDK, I guess it creeps people out. :confused3 We had a good laugh and watched our kids come out of the clown's mouth!! :laughing: They loved the slide and went down it dozens of times!! I went down it about 6 times. It was fun, I thought it would be a little faster, but it was still very fun. It's probably a good thing it wasn't any faster, then DS9 wouldn't have enjoyed it.

The trip definitely wasn't as great as last November. We got off to a bad start with our room, the weather was not near as great, and then the F&W thing. But like I said, we still had a very nice time and have lots of magical memories. :goodvibes

It is good to be home. Good and bad at the same time. The kids went to school and DH went to work. I am not back on call until Wednesday. So hopefully I can get the laundry done and this mess straightened up by then!

GIRL--- you'll just have to go without the kids next time so that you can go to F&W and get sloppy falling down drunk and fly out of the clown's mouth all by your lonesome.

:rotfl:

And a GOOD MORNING to you too.

:rotfl2:

Glad you made it home safely.:hug:

GIRL--- you'll just have to go without the kids next time so that you can go to F&W and get sloppy falling down drunk and fly out of the clown's mouth all by your lonesome.

The images of this - :rotfl:

I need your spunk and energy Jo, I have only had half a cup of coffee so far, maybe that has something to do with it?

WELCOME HOME Shelly, it is nice to see you posted... you're the most dedicated diser ! I can't wait to hear more details... as well I need you to 1.show me how to plan a relaxed trip. 2. convice me to ride RnR coaster

:banana::cool1::thumbsup2

*ahem*

Two peppermint mocha cappuccinos each made with double espresso shots keep Jo a HAPPY girl.

Can I just say how much I love my Espresso machine???

:hyper:

*ahem*

Two peppermint mocha cappuccinos each made with double espresso shots keep Jo a HAPPY girl.

I need to dig mine out from the basement... the first time I used it, it blew out our power :rolleyes1.....Opppppsssss!
Off to fine more caffiene.

We're back. :sad: The trip was good, but very cold in the beginning. I know 60 doesn't sound too bad (especially for someone from PA!) but that wind was bitter cold. I couldn't believe it. And then of course when the sun went down it was freezing. We sure didn't take enough winter clothes with us. The weather got much better the second half of the trip, but the evenings were still chilly. Same with the crowds - really crowded in the beginning, but it got better later in the week. I probably wouldn't go during the F&W Festival again, it really took away from Epcot - huge crowds and drunk people everywhere. :sad2: So all in all it was not as great of a trip as last November, but we still had some very awesome moments and a wonderful time and I have plenty to share with you! :goodvibes

Thank you all for thinking of us while we were gone. :grouphug: Thanks so much for your prayers and pixie-dust!

Thank you JO for keeping everyone updated!!!

We met up with Shawna (Disney Mommy 3) Saturday evening. We all chatted away until it was time for us to get to our dinner. Very nice family, I wish we would have had more time to visit with them. I hope they are having a great time this week!

Welcome back Shelly! I missed your PTR fun but went back and read the entire thing while you were gone. I'm sorry you had some cold days. That along with big crowds and drunks would definitely not make me happy. I cannot wait to read your TR. :goodvibes

GIRL--- you'll just have to go without the kids next time so that you can go to F&W and get sloppy falling down drunk and fly out of the clown's mouth all by your lonesome.:rotfl:

OMG too funny pictureing that one ! :rotfl:

That wind on Saturday and Sunday was VERY cold. Colder than our January trip when we had a few days where the high temps were in the 50's. It was weird.

We went to Epcot Saturday, Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. Each time we were it was packed. No fastpasses for Soarin by noon. It was hard to even walk through WS there were so many people. It was crazy!! Last year F&W ended the day we got there. We went the same week this year, but F&W was extended a week this year. I didn't have any idea how much of a difference it would make. When are you planning on going? I thought you were going in December??? I must have missed something! Maybe the F&W wouldn't be so bad since you won't have kids with you. . . And maybe it was extra crowded because of it being the last week of it. . . I don't know. I just know it wasn't really for us.

When you left our plan for next year was to go Nov 28th to Dec 8th and stay at BC, but we were holding off booking until I had recieved our money back and had the furnace fixed. Well the Monday were would have left if we had not cancelled we had a ice and snow storm here in the wee hours, Shelly my worst fear of flying is in snow or ice so we decided to change back to the November dates but we would have to book water view at BC since two of the days were not available for the garden view. Just for ha ha's I checked the GF rates and they were only like $20 or so more than the waterview @BC , then we talked about MK view at GF, checked CR which was less $ and decided to go with CR MK view and changed our dates to the end of October instead and do F&W and Halloween.

The first time we went to WDW in 1989 we had wanted to stay at CR but it was all booked and the only other choices back then were Poly, CBR and FW so we stayed at the Travellodge in disney villiage. So after all these years we will finally get to stay in CR. whew that was long winded :rotfl:

Welcome Home Shelly!:goodvibes
I cannot wait to hear what you thought about the BWI. I hope you enjoyed it...can't wait for your TR!

Sorry to hear it was less magical than last year. I guess there was no bouncing Tigger this time. They must keep him inside for safety reasons with all the drunk people out and about. :laughing:

Can't wait to hear all the details...or maybe I can wait since you were disappointed and I'm planning on going the same week next year! :eek:

Welcome home Shelly!!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see your pics of the BWI. :cloud9: I know what you mean about things being less magical. :guilty: My Sept trip was the same way.

But, I know you guys still made the most of it and made amazing memories! :hug::hug: :hug:

Well I see things are just as I left them -- JO is keeping everyone entertained!! :rotfl:

And now everyone is picturing me drunk sliding out of the clown's mouth! :laughing:
The images of this - :rotfl:

I need your spunk and energy Jo, I have only had half a cup of coffee so far, maybe that has something to do with it?

WELCOME HOME Shelly, it is nice to see you posted... you're the most dedicated diser ! I can't wait to hear more details... as well I need you to 1.show me how to plan a relaxed trip. 2. convice me to ride RnR coaster

:banana::cool1::thumbsup2

Yes, 2 things you MUST do -- take the trip at a relaxed pace and ride RNRC!! :thumbsup2
*ahem*

I think I am going to have to take that thing away from you!! :lmao:
Welcome back Shelly! I missed your PTR fun but went back and read the entire thing while you were gone. I'm sorry you had some cold days. That along with big crowds and drunks would definitely not make me happy. I cannot wait to read your TR. :goodvibes

:welcome:

So glad you are here!! Better late than never! And you are just in-time for the TR! :goodvibes

When you left our plan for next year was to go Nov 28th to Dec 8th and stay at BC, but we were holding off booking until I had recieved our money back and had the furnace fixed. Well the Monday were would have left if we had not cancelled we had a ice and snow storm here in the wee hours, Shelly my worst fear of flying is in snow or ice so we decided to change back to the November dates but we would have to book water view at BC since two of the days were not available for the garden view. Just for ha ha's I checked the GF rates and they were only like $20 or so more than the waterview @BC , then we talked about MK view at GF, checked CR which was less $ and decided to go with CR MK view and changed our dates to the end of October instead and do F&W and Halloween.

The first time we went to WDW in 1989 we had wanted to stay at CR but it was all booked and the only other choices back then were Poly, CBR and FW so we stayed at the Travellodge in disney villiage. So after all these years we will finally get to stay in CR. whew that was long winded :rotfl:

Well it certainly sounds like cancelling your trip worked out for the best.

October at the CR sounds wonderful! :goodvibes

Welcome Home Shelly!:goodvibes
I cannot wait to hear what you thought about the BWI. I hope you enjoyed it...can't wait for your TR!

We really enjoyed the BWI. But I'll tell you more about that in my BWI review!
Welcome back Shelly! Can't wait to hear the details of your trip! :cool1:

Thanks Sea! :goodvibes
Sorry to hear it was less magical than last year. I guess there was no bouncing Tigger this time. They must keep him inside for safety reasons with all the drunk people out and about. :laughing:

Can't wait to hear all the details...or maybe I can wait since you were disappointed and I'm planning on going the same week next year! :eek:

Tigger didn't try to run away with me this year. :sad2: You're right, he probably decided he should just hide inside his little building away from the F&W festival peeps. :rotfl:
Welcome home Shelly!!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see your pics of the BWI. :cloud9: I know what you mean about things being less magical. :guilty: My Sept trip was the same way.

But, I know you guys still made the most of it and made amazing memories! :hug::hug: :hug:

I was thinking of you and how you said this year's trip wasn't as great as the last few. Kind of how we feel. But yes, we made the most of it and had some great times anyway!

What was it that you didn't like about September? We are looking for a different time of year to go, so I am just curious!

I was thinking of you and how you said this year's trip wasn't as great as the last few. Kind of how we feel. But yes, we made the most of it and had some great times anyway!

What was it that you didn't like about September? We are looking for a different time of year to go, so I am just curious!

You know, honestly I think that it was "us" more than the time of year that caused us to not have as great of a time this trip. We were just so excited for my family to come with us and when everyone backed out, it really bummed us out for the first few days we were there.

Other than that, the bugs and weather were really the main drawbacks to September. I knew to expect both of them to be bad, but WOW - it was BAD.

But, the plus side was how affordable it was! It really was cheap with the free dining and going during value season. You guys may enjoy it more than we did, but I don't know how well your DH would do with the humidity. I know that he's not a big fan. :confused3

OH! And it was nice to be able to do the Halloween party! That was a big bonus for us. We LOVED it. It was the highlight of the trip. :lovestruc

Ooh, I cannot wait to go in September.:goodvibes

It's gonna be hot and sticky and the kids are gonna be whining and miserable while Mark sits at the pool with his crackberry in one hand and a cold drink in the other While I'm passing out from the heat in the parks but I'll go down with a smile on my face saying I love Disney Freaking World.

(I think my espressos haven't kicked in yet this morning.... and you will have to pry that machine from my cold dead hands.)

:rolleyes1

You know you wanna go when I do so you can pass out too..............
no, not from the F&W-- the heat, silly.

The thought of you sliding down the clown drunk is so far removed from everything I know about you that it is indeed hysterically preposterous and that's so funny to me.:laughing:

PS.
Are you finished with laundry yet? :faint:

You know, honestly I think that it was "us" more than the time of year that caused us to not have as great of a time this trip. We were just so excited for my family to come with us and when everyone backed out, it really bummed us out for the first few days we were there.

Other than that, the bugs and weather were really the main drawbacks to September. I knew to expect both of them to be bad, but WOW - it was BAD.

But, the plus side was how affordable it was! It really was cheap with the free dining and going during value season. You guys may enjoy it more than we did, but I don't know how well your DH would do with the humidity. I know that he's not a big fan. :confused3

OH! And it was nice to be able to do the Halloween party! That was a big bonus for us. We LOVED it. It was the highlight of the trip. :lovestruc

Oh yes, I forgot about the bugs. I know it was probably nasty hot. And no, DH wouldn't care for that. None of us would actually. But we are considering a late August trip. But we'll see. I'm sure that will change a hundred times between now and then! :rotfl:

It wasn't necessarily the time of year for us either. . . It was a combination of things. Some of it having to do with the time of year I suppose - the crappy weather in the beginning and the F&W Festival messing up Epcot. But there were other factors as well - having to store our luggage twice, the kids not really caring to see any characters anymore, there wasn't as much Christmas stuff up yet, etc. All these things put a little damper on the trip I guess.

But like I said - we still had some great times. I am realizing that more and more as I am looking through my 1200 pictures!!

Ooh, I cannot wait to go in September.:goodvibes

It's gonna be hot and sticky and the kids are gonna be whining and miserable while Mark sits at the pool with his crackberry in one hand and a cold drink in the other While I'm passing out from the heat in the parks but I'll go down with a smile on my face saying I love Disney Freaking World.

(I think my espressos haven't kicked in yet this morning.... and you will have to pry that machine from my cold dead hands.)

:rolleyes1

You know you wanna go when I do so you can pass out too..............
no, not from the F&W-- the heat, silly.

The thought of you sliding down the clown drunk is so far removed from everything I know about you that it is indeed hysterically preposterous and that's so funny to me.:laughing:

PS.
Are you finished with laundry yet? :faint:

Well, I hope when you go down from the heat it's with a huge smile on your face!! :laughing:

Now you've given me an image of you to laugh about all day! :rotfl:

Laundry is ALL done!! :cool1: Finished the last load last night. Even went to the grocery store yesterday too!

Back to reality tomorrow, I'm back on call. :scared1:

But there were other factors as well - having to store our luggage twice, the kids not really caring to see any characters anymore, there wasn't as much Christmas stuff up yet, etc. All these things put a little damper on the trip I guess.

:eek:no character meets:eek: every mothers "eek" moment... when they grow up and think characters are for babies:sad1:

I am now really eager to here more of your trip.

As for the image of you going down the clown slide - I only know you from your posts, and I still think that image is so NOT you, which is why it makes me giggle. :goodvibes

:eek:no character meets:eek: every mothers "eek" moment... when they grow up and think characters are for babies:sad1:

I am now really eager to here more of your trip.

As for the image of you going down the clown slide - I only know you from your posts, and I still think that image is so NOT you, which is why it makes me giggle. :goodvibes

Yes, it was very disappointing. They just weren't interested. :confused3 We do have a few character pics. But I mean a few. :sad2: And those were only because they lines were very short and I made them do it!!

I guess I will have to book a character meal if I want character pics next time!

Well I'm glad you don't think I'm a drunk! :laughing: The thought of anyone going down that clown slide drunk is pretty amusing!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter