Makin' Memories... A PTR for a 2022 Thanksgiving Trip. (hopefully)

Can’t wait to read the TR! I am going next month and go back and forth from being excited and dreading genie plus.

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I went dark on you guys. But well, there is no way to sugar coat this. We came back and Andy and I were sick. And at first we thought it was just the usual back from vacation illness... Well, turns out Andy and I both ended up with Covid. Thankfully, it was mostly just flu like symptoms. But the fatique was no joke! I was taking a nap every afternoon. We are both on the mend now, and the girls both stayed negative. So, that is good. We missed Morgan's last band concert but thankfully, Morgan was able to attend.

But like I said we are both feeling much better now. We are enjoying a quiet mother's day. Andy got me a second spirit jersey and an orange bird cup that I wanted when we were in Disney but refrained. We are watching Disney movies and I am drinking mimosas. So, not a bad day.

And now that I am starting to feel better, I am getting my notes all situated to get started. I am going to try and write up an intro now. I hate writing the intros, I don't know why.

A few random thoughts to tide everyone over until I can get the trip report started:

Genie + / LL - SUCKS!!!! I hate it. Andy hated it even more. But I def think it is a necessary evil, unfortunately. I hated getting up each morning to make a reservation. But with the crowds and the way we are used touring the parks, we def needed it! I hope Disney finds a way to modify it.

Disney with a teenager is... well different!

I am not sure we are cut out for Spring Break crowds again, but we will see how high school goes...

That being said, we had a great trip and totally have the Disney bug again! I really want to do a summer trip with just 1 or 2 days in the park. But I don't know Andy will be up for that.

I will know (hopefully) what we can and can't do for a Christmas vacation beginning of June. Morgan actually has a Marching Band meeting June 1st AND 2 practices in June!!! She hasn't even finished 8th grade yet! But hopefully I will have a general idea if they have a football game or competition potentially Thanksgiving weekend or not at that meeting.

Speaking of which there was a Marching Band Competition the second weekend we were there. Lots of nerdy band kinds! And Morgan was dreaming of being in Disney with her friends one year.

Ok, I am off to get this party started!

And now that I am starting to feel better, I am getting my notes all situated to get started.
I’m so sorry you both got sick! Really excited to hear more about this trip when you post. I’m disappointed to hear Genie+ was bad (I’m really not looking forward to it) but also glad to hear it wasn’t so bad that you’ve sworn off Disney - it’s a good sign you want to go back soon!

I hope Morgan enjoys marching band, I was a nerdy band kid too and enjoyed those days!

Oh no, sorry to hear you got sick! That's such a hit after a long awaited Disney trip.

Looking forward to reading your trip report, especially how Genie +/ LL worked out for you guys.

Sorry you got sick but glad you’re on the mend. Looking forward to hearing about your trip though I have to say I hate the idea of getting up at the crack of dawn for genie+/LL. Definitely not fun!

I'm sorry you got sick too. It's pretty hard to avoid it nowadays. I'm glad it was mild, I'm sure the vaccines helped with that.

Hey Everyone!!!

I haven't had much to report on our second trip. BUT I do now.... well kind of...

Morgan had her marching band meeting this past Wednesday. And they gave us a full schedule of events for the fall. And GOOD news!!! No Thanksgiving Day Game!! Which means my hopes of a Thanksgiving trip is still alive! Whoo Hoo!

I haven't thought too much about it, since we have to see how much our air conditioning is going to set us back. (The unit in our bedroom is broken and throwing all of the others off)

I do know that I will have to shorten it. The high school doesn't do Parent Teacher Conferences, so Morgan will have full days the week of school and we have def decided we don't want her to miss a full week of school.

BUT what I am thinking maybe we could do Tuesday to Tuesday? If we fly out Tuesday evening after the girls are done with school and fly back the following Tuesday day. They would miss 3 days, with one being the half day before the Thanksgiving holiday, which we all know is usually not much school work and a half day. So, really Morgan would miss 2 days of school school. Which you could easily do with a cold.

Right now I have a reservation for Caribbean Beach with us arriving ON Thanksgiving. So, I would need to add 2 days in front. Which I WAS thinking, maybe we do a Deluxe for those 2 nights, so we could do MK Extended Evening Hours. BUT rooms are pretty $$$$. I could right now randomly get a DVC room with a walk in shower at Wilderness Lodge. Which would be perfect for the EEH and we always talk about wanting to stay there again.

But I am not sure Andy is fully on board with being away for Thanksgiving still...

Which if that is the case, We could fly out Friday Morning like we did last time and just have 4 days in the parks. Which also wouldn't be terrible.

I will have to look at airfare as well. We still have credits with American. And can use that for this trip. Which would help convincing Andy. Free flights. And if we did stay just at Caribbean Beach to keep costs down as well.

So much to think about! I just have to bring the topic up with Andy again at the right time!

I always love having our next trip on the books! I hope you and Andy are able to decide on a plan for the fall. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter