Makin' Memories... A PTR for a 2022 Thanksgiving Trip. (hopefully)

Love the Easter shirts and ears.

Trip is getting closer. I'm trying to get some packing done for my trip.

Good Morning Everyone!!!

I hope everyone had a good weekend! We spent most of it shopping! We finally told the girls on Friday and spent the rest of the weekend stocking up on needed items!

So, how did the reveal go?!?
Meh....

Honestly it went about as well, as I thought it would go. It's been a rollercoaster in our house with COVID and staying home. And I knew we were all ready to go but I knew they needed some time to process the trip.

In the morning when they were getting ready, Andy changed the message board to be a count down till the days of Spring Break. Once they left, Andy switched it to be Disney.
Untitled

The girls came home normal time and noticed NOTHING!!!! . First off, they didn't even notice the fact that BOTH of us were downstairs. Andy is almost never downstairs when they come home and of late, neither have I.

Morgan walks into the dinning room to unload her stuff, doesn't notice.... starts talking about something... walks back into the dinning room and catches it from the corner of her eye but doesn't say anything.

Gwen decides to flop on the couch and not move. Refusing to go into the other room to put her stuff away. So, I try and make her put her lunch box in the kitchen, to get her to walk past the sign. She complains about being too tired...
oye!

Morgan is now walking around with her backpack still on. Probably not sure what to make of the sign. I think she thought it was an April Fools Joke. (which by the way we have NEVER done of them EVER)

Finally Gwen gets up, and starts to put her stuff away, but walks past the sign probably 3 times without noticing.

Morgan decides that she is retreating to her room. And Gwen says she has homework. And Me and Andy are just staring at each other, like now what....

I empty the dishwasher and Andy does some work at the dinning room table.

Finally Gwen says she is done with her homework, and Andy basically directs her to the sign. (so much for waiting to see how long it would take). Gwen sees the sign but then doesn't want to admit it is real. She takes the sign to show Morgan, they say something to each other (not sure what) and Gwen goes to her room....... and.... cries...

I gave her some space, Andy had a meeting to hop on as well. So, everyone kind of went there seperate ways for an hour. Eventually she comes back down and asks if it is real. I guess doing it on April Fools' wasn't a good idea. BUT AGAIN NEVER have we pulled a prank on them! EVER!!!!

But now, Gwen starts to let it sink in and gets excited! Another 10 minutes go by and Morgan surfaces from her room. And she is now excited as well. Let me tell you Teen Years are FUN!!! Oye!

Turns out, Morgan initially thought it was an April Fool's joke and was mad that we would do that and then it turned into sad because she wanted to literally do nothing all spring break. And then she finally came around and realized it was Disney and that it was worth not being lazy all Spring Break.

Gwen, was a bit more of a rollercoaster. She also started out thinking it was an April Fool's Joke. And then she got REAL upset about the fact that she would be missing school. Ever since COVID she has been super worried about missing class. So, once I explained she was only missing 3 days she was a little better. But then Gwen upset that she ruined the suprise for us... Sigh... which turned into upset that she ruined it for herself... double Sigh... This girl is in deep to uncontrolled hormones!

BUT once all that was said in done, we pulled out the Disney bins, looked at pins and ears and talked about the trip. This isn't the first time someone has cried at the suprise of Disney.... Morgan cired when we told them about Disneyland.

BUT they are now fully excited and ready for the next 12 days to go by!!!

We did a TON of shopping this weekend. Gwen had a total of 0 shorts that fit her!!!! 0, She squeezed herself into 3 pairs that she claimed were ok, but they weren't! And one pair she wore at the beginning of the school year! Growing teens + 2 years basically at home = ALOT of new clothes. We all got new sneakers, which both girls went up half a size. And a few shirts, although, I have already taken care of most of that.

So, now we are in full on survival mode to get through the next 2 weeks! Woo Hoo!

What a rollercoaster of emotions but very glad to hear they are finally excited about the trip! Not many days left! :)

We've had tears about Disney too, the 1st time around. It was Christmas day and my then 7 year old cried pretty much all of Christmas day saying we were the worse parents ever to play a trick like that on xmas, that she just KNEW it wasn't true. haha! Back then plane tickets were on paper, we would show that and she would cry even more. What a day! She finally stopped crying when we got to my in-laws at suppertime and all the aunties were at the door waiting to see how excited they were. Boy were the aunties in for a surprise, seeing my daughter with a red puffy face!! But that made my daughter realize that if everyone knew, they it must not be a joke and she finally got excited. To make it worse, my son was 4 at the time and because she was crying, he was crying to. Sometimes we work ourselves up with scenarios of how excited they will be and these kids, they show us how that's not always how it works haha!

We've had tears about Disney too, the 1st time around. It was Christmas day and my then 7 year old cried pretty much all of Christmas day saying we were the worse parents ever to play a trick like that on xmas, that she just KNEW it wasn't true. haha! Back then plane tickets were on paper, we would show that and she would cry even more. What a day! She finally stopped crying when we got to my in-laws at suppertime and all the aunties were at the door waiting to see how excited they were. Boy were the aunties in for a surprise, seeing my daughter with a red puffy face!! But that made my daughter realize that if everyone knew, they it must not be a joke and she finally got excited. To make it worse, my son was 4 at the time and because she was crying, he was crying to. Sometimes we work ourselves up with scenarios of how excited they will be and these kids, they show us how that's not always how it works haha!
We def work up these moments sometimes! glad my girls aren't the only ones. This is also why we can't just take them to the airport. They just can't handle it.

Oh and speaking of Christmas, Gwen got sad later when I pointed out that we would be in Disney for Easter and almost broke down again. She claims it's her favorite holiday. I had to point out she was getting 2 Easters basically.

I will say I wasn't that worked up about it. I think we have done so many suprises for them, it's hard to do anymore in general. Sometimes I do but this time I think I just knew there would be drama somewhere .

Teenagers and hormones definitely lead to unexpected reactions for almost everything never mind a Disney trip🙄. So glad the girls are getting excited now it has sunk in. I’m sure the shopping helped. Won’t be long until you’re there now. I look forward to hearing all the details😊

I could just feel all the emotions in this post. My oldest is 12 so she is an emotional wreck sometimes and my youngest is 6. WIth the five year gap between them I am preparing for a good 10 years of crazy emotions. I am glad they finally came around and where excited!

Hey Ariella! Sorry to hear the girls were all of the place with their emotions about the trip. I'm sure it was a lot to process after such a long time and Covid. I am glad that they are excited now! Summer trips are nice so you do not have to worry about missing school but then it is so hot!!
You guys are so close!! So excited for you.

They definitely needed time to process. It's a good thing you told them early. I'm happy they are excited now. I'm sure the excitement will continue to build.

Oh boy, that was quite the reaction! Although, I do understand that sometimes it's a lot to process big news. Even as an adult I can get overwhelmed with sudden announcements, and kids with emotions they haven't had years of experience dealing with can lead to unexpected outbursts. Not going to lie, I am just a teensy bit grateful my kids are still a few more years away from that.
But I'm glad they're starting to come around and you've gone shopping for everything you need. It's getting so close now!!

Happy Thursday!!!!

We are officially in SINGLE DIGITS!!! WOO HOO!!!
9 Days!

This week has gone in slow motion!!! And I am afraid next week will be just as bad.

I placed an order from Garden Grocer this morning. We always order small bottles of soda and seltzer water, iced coffee for Andy in the room, and snacks for the girls to put in there park bags for emergency Hanger Snacks. So, I literally have nothing left to do but pack! And I have to wait till Sunday to do that.

I also ordered two new cookbooks!
I am WAY behind and catching up - your reports are my favorite! Looks like I'll be just in time to read your trip report soon :) These cookbooks looks really fun! Did the items come out close to actual Disney food?
I meant to post the photo of our bread service last night. but I think I went into bread coma after!
This looks just like Sanaa! Amazing!
It is funny to me, how Disney can take something and try and make it "easier" by not having so much planning ahead but then somehow make it even MORE confusing... this 3 tier system is going to be baffling to some first timers!

This is how I'm feeling about Genie+... I didn't want to have to "learn" a new system but doing my research now and still not totally sure how I want to plan/handle our days. I miss being able to plan in advance.

Now the painful part.... Cancelling the Feb reservations....

I'm sure that was painful, but glad you could reschedule for so soon after!

Why is dining reservation day so stressful?!?!

SO stressful. We're staying offsite for our next trip so I have many mornings of stress ahead of me.

These are the best ears I've seen! I'm so tempted...
So, does anyone listen to podcasts where they recap their trips? Well, I do, and a certain someone got picked to be on one for this coming trip!
Yes!! I'm on a podcast kick right now. Cannot wait to hear which one you will be on!
BUT once all that was said in done, we pulled out the Disney bins, looked at pins and ears and talked about the trip.
Oh my, the things I have to look forward to as my girls get a little older. I'm glad they came around and got excited!

I am WAY behind and catching up - your reports are my favorite! Looks like I'll be just in time to read your trip report soon :) These cookbooks looks really fun! Did the items come out close to actual Disney food?
Some have been better than others. We did the Cheshire Cat tails and they were not good. but the Gaston Cinnamon Rolls are almost better!

This looks just like Sanaa! Amazing!
Thanks! It was a lot of work. All of those dips are a lot of work. It made me appricate the cost. You don't get a ton of each dip but they are each a lot of work.

Oh my, the things I have to look forward to as my girls get a little older. I'm glad they came around and got excited!
yeah..... it can be intresting.... There are def times where I can tell it is just a total homonal imbalance. Especially with Morgan, she is usually so level headed. And it seems just so our of character. But It's not all bad.. It is a fun new world we are in with them.

This is how I'm feeling about Genie+... I didn't want to have to "learn" a new system but doing my research now and still not totally sure how I want to plan/handle our days. I miss being able to plan in advance.
So, I think our strategy will be to pick a handful that are top priority each day. Kind of like before with 3 and then everything else will be bonus. I think if we can do that, we will be happy with Genie +. But we will see!!!

I love your idea for the surprise - kids are such a rollercoaster of emotions at this age! Really, any age lol. Cora cried when we did our surprise trip in 2016 and Alex didn't believe us at first. Of course, they got into it quickly and had a great time. Y'all are so close! I am curious to see how G+ works for you.

I'm going out of town and won't be on the DIS for a week or so, so I wanted to make sure I popped in here to say that I hope you all have a wonderful trip!!! I'm so excited you guys are finally returning to the most magical place on Earth, and I have enjoyed following along on your planning. Eats lots of snacks, make tons of memories, and celebrate the big birthday milestone! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

I love your idea for the surprise - kids are such a rollercoaster of emotions at this age! Really, any age lol. Cora cried when we did our surprise trip in 2016 and Alex didn't believe us at first. Of course, they got into it quickly and had a great time. Y'all are so close! I am curious to see how G+ works for you.
Thanks! I can't imagine managing the teen emotions AND an infant! I have great respect!

I "think" I have a good idea of how we will use G+ but we will see!
I'm going out of town and won't be on the DIS for a week or so, so I wanted to make sure I popped in here to say that I hope you all have a wonderful trip!!! I'm so excited you guys are finally returning to the most magical place on Earth, and I have enjoyed following along on your planning. Eats lots of snacks, make tons of memories, and celebrate the big birthday milestone! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.
Have a great trip. Hopefully it's a good trip... Thanks! I am ready for this week to be over!!!!

Have a wonderful trip, Ariella! I am so excited for you guys and hope you have the best time! Can't wait for your trip report! :)

ONE MORE DAY!!!!

I just have to get through one more day of work! The girls are done with school! They told there teachers they would be out 3 extra days and only got a little homework, which they have both already completed.

After work I just have to finish packing. We did do the bulk of the packing but I have to distribute out stuff better and add in all of the last minute things. I think we are going with 5 suitcases. We probably could do just 4 but I want room for lot of souvenirs!

We are already checked in to our flight! The Philly airport parking lot is already at capacity, so thankful that I pre-booked us awhile ago for parking!

Did you guys see the news about Everest being back up this weekend! I am so excitied for that. I was starting to loose hope that it wouldn't be back in time.

I also had a dinning alert set for moving Le Cellier later, and have recieved ZERO alerts! It's fine, we will be fine with 3:30 meal, it would have been nice but not needed.

I also have a dinning alert to get a fireworks dessert party but no movement on that either. But that one, you have to cancel 48 before, I assume that one will be right around there if something pops up. Again, if it doesn't happen, it's fine. It was kind of a late decision to try. So, I know the chances are slim.

ONE DAY!!! WOO HOO!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter