Making ADR Thread - hold times, IT vents, and general whine!

I had a very nice CM and also never got upset when my reservations were lost. We just worked through it. I was on the phone for 2 hours but the wait was well worth it! I'm wondering if after these enhancements today from being shut down we can call back to see if other times become available? It just seemed like there was not much at all between the hours of 4 and 6 pm.

I as well had a awesome CM and was on hold for an hour and 40 minutes. She worked with me to the best of her ability with that lovely new system. I am frustrated just like everyone else because we're SOOOO used to Disney being so dialed in. I know with every new system there are BUGS and frustration do run high, I just hope there worked out soon so that everyone can have an enjoyable phone call as usual to the Happiest Place On Earth!

Keep you fingers crossed for an easier transition, not only for us but for our CM's that are trying their hardest to accommidate us.:grouphug:

Since March 15th, I have called three times for my June trips. I have held less than five minutes each time, had great cm's and been able to get all of what I wanted except Chefs de France. I called for O'Hana yesterday, and the entire call took around two minutes, most of which was spent with the prompts at the beginning. So my experience has been good, maybe the kinks are getting worked out!

Good Morning all

And the wait begins...18 minutes so far:confused3

I suppose it is nice not to have any old expectations:cool1:

Do you remember when we did not need reservations for anything??:rotfl2:
It was not all that long ago:wizard:

I was on hold for almost an hour the other day and had a decent CM-got all my ADRs. CAlled back yesterday because I wanted to see if Rainforest Cafe had an earlier time and had the BEST CM! He was so helpful and gave me more info about my resort and everything. I wish everyone else the same sort of helpfullness!

I was on hold this morning for 45 minutes. Got a wonderful CM and even though I only had to make 1 ADR I wasn't sure it would be easy. It was for CP at 8:05 for a party of 2 and it wasn't at the 90 day but the 95th. But I got it and very happy for my friends who 1st trip this is. I also got a clue on how difficult it might be for myself when I have to make my ADR's for our July trip. The only meal my one DD and DH want to eat at is Le Cellier :eek:

Well that was not too bad.

I was on hold for 34 minutes and CM Dawn who knew what she was doing finally answered. That was not too bad compared to what I have been reading on here.

I got everything I wanted except for Sci-Fi...I still don't understand that one.

The computer did crash once so make sure they stop and save and give you the confirmation numbers every 5 or 6 reservations

So I am sending Pixie dust to all of you hoping your experience is a good as mine:tinker: or better!!!!

Called this morning at 7 exactly. Got through immediately, only to have to be transferred to a different line (I think didn't press 1 in time when the automated system asked if my ressies were for after May something or other). Half an hour on hold, had a very nice CM. When I couldn't get Sci-Fi, I mentioned that I'd read on the DISboards that a lot of people were having trouble booking that lately. She asked if she could put me on hold and check to see if something was up with Sci-Fi during that period. I'd already gotten the tough ones, so I said sure. Then my call was dropped!!!!!!!!!!!:scared1::eek::scared1:

I called back, and after a 40 minute wait, got another nice CM, and repeated the process. I still have no clue why Sci-Fi is so hard. Had to take 50s Primetime instead. And that's the one place that DFi requested. I guess I'll call for cancellations, but still weird that it's such a tough ticket.:rolleyes:

I called at 8 this morning and was on hold for about 20 min. ( I meant to get up at 6:30 but my alarm did not go off:sad2:) A very nice CM picked up the phone and we started making reservations. Something was going on with her computer and she was having trouble finding availability for restaurants. I was getting more nervous. She ended up putting me on hold and called someone over to figure it out. She came back on the line about 5 minutes later and we finally started making reservations. Got everything I wanted except the Sci-Fi and fantasmic dinner package which I expected after reading the boards. I'm going to keep calling for Sci-Fi but ended up booking 50's Prime Time in the mean time.

However, when I did call back later in the day the CM told me that there is a glitch in the system for Sci-Fi and to call back later today or tomorrow. I don't know if there is no availability for Sci-Fi or if there really is just a glitch :confused3

Have to say, this IS how a typical business new application goes. You cannot simulate everey scenario. Not possible

So now you are dealing with a nuimber of issues - system issues and people issues

In addition to migrating to a new system, you have ALL the CM to train and get up to speed. This takes time. And once they get trained, then they have to readjust to the new system from the old way of doing things. All the while maintaining the Disney happiness we all know and love

I feel for your frustration, it is hard being a consumer as well as being on the Disney side. (and yes, I do this kind of thing in real life :rotfl2: and it is just as painful at times!)

Hang in there, this too will pass and it will get better as the glitches are worked out :laundy:

Sorry, but I have to (respectfully) disagree. I've been in the project management / software development field for more than 25 years. Yes, sometimes launches result in problems … but something on this scale can only be gross incompetence on the part of those managing the product implementation. There is NO EXCUSE for this type of chaos around something that is a critical business function for Disney.

A competent project manager would have a plan that allowed for training time and would have carefully managed the roll-out to minimize the impact to Disney's customers. At the very least, they should have had a plan to roll back the changes when the size of the problems became clear.

Disney has many, many years of experience to tell them what they can expect about call volumes and customer behavior and should have been able to handle this kind of rollout. It is amazing that they are allowing this kind of damage to their reputation for customer service. Unfortunately, their complete silence about this speaks volumes about their lack of respect for their own customers.

HI all..

Just made my ressies this afternoon around 1pmish.. Absolutely no wait or confusion. Got all my ressies for our may 26-june 2 trip except Tusker house. Go figure.. Got Callie Grill for Fri nite, V & A., Ohanas, crystal palace and others.

I called yesterday morning at 9:33am. Was on hold for literally 2 minutes (I was calculating since I've heard such horror stories). So I started talking to the nice CM at 9:35am and was off the phone at 9:48am. I was able to get all of my ressies within a 15min time frame of when I requested except two of them. I asked for 7:00pm for Chef Mickeys and got 8:10pm and I was able to get into Sci Fi but asked for 3:00pm and got 1:20pm. So I'm probably gonna keep calling and see if I can't get time closer to what I would like.

I'm wondering if it's because so many people are trying to call right at 7am that everyone is having problems? Maybe it's an overload or something? :confused3 I don't know. I'm just still wondering what the whole hoop-la is about Sci Fi?

Sorry, but I have to (respectfully) disagree. I've been in the project management / software development field for more than 25 years. Yes, sometimes launches result in problems … but something on this scale can only be gross incompetence on the part of those managing the product implementation. There is NO EXCUSE for this type of chaos around something that is a critical business function for Disney.

A competent project manager would have a plan that allowed for training time and would have carefully managed the roll-out to minimize the impact to Disney's customers. At the very least, they should have had a plan to roll back the changes when the size of the problems became clear.

Disney has many, many years of experience to tell them what they can expect about call volumes and customer behavior and should have been able to handle this kind of rollout. It is amazing that they are allowing this kind of damage to their reputation for customer service. Unfortunately, their complete silence about this speaks volumes about their lack of respect for their own customers.

Great post. ITA, and couldn't have said it better myself. I'm an Information Architect for a large company, and if we even get scattered complaints about a rollout on our web site, our VP is on our behinds and it gets addressed and corrected ASAP. If we'd have had issues of this magnitude, we'd likely be out of a job.

BTW - I just called around 6:30 PM to make 1 ADR less than 90 days out, was on hold for about 3 min before the first CM. She said something like, "I'll have to transfer you to a la carte -- they kept me on old school and I can only make reservations through May 25. I'll be glad to learn the new system, though!" Took me only 2 min to get to the next person, and then it took her about 5 min. to find our resort reservation, apparently because they put a space in our last name. In all it took 12 min.

FYI...........the individual restaurants are responsible for adding their table availability so it is very possible there is a Sci-Fi "glitch" BUT the CM's are told to TRUST THE SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) They still can't find a table in the corner for just 4 more to have dinner!!!

I think there is a new computer system now, but it is so much slower to book ADR's. I haven't read about anyone else having this problem, so is it just me?

I think there is a new computer system now, but it is so much slower to book ADR's. I haven't read about anyone else having this problem, so is it just me?

LOL, don't know where you've been, but here it is...653 posts, 44 pages long, twenty-four thousand views and pages & pages & pages of people talking about it: the thread is titled Making ADR Thread - hold times, IT vents, and general whine!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2105397

AND to top it off, I was just disconnected after making 6 reservations, but before getting the confirmation numbers! I know it was on their end b/c she had already "accidently" put me on hold once before and when the call ended, I was connected to the survey portion of the call. Now, when I just called back, the wait time is 30 minutes or less.

Yesterday when I called I kept getting connected to V&A's, even though I was choosing the right option to not be. Then, after waiting 11 minutes, I was connected to someone who transferred me again, only to wait 8 more minutes. I have made ADR's for years and have never run into anything like this. It seems to me maybe they are outsourcing their calls now???

Thanks catne, I was getting paranoid that it was a conspiracy against me alone :). I'll check out the thread.

Just wanted to take a minute to chime in on all of your frustrations with the new dine system. I feel for all of you with the issues you have been having. I am a dining CM who has been using the new system for about a month now. I can tell you that we as CM's are all just as frustrated as you. I have been in tears many days over this system and I just continue chanting to myself everyday, it can only get better, it can only get better. Many of you that I have talked to have been so very patient and understanding and it is very much appreciated during this very tense time. Unfortunately we are also dealing with many guests who are not so understanding and take out all of their frustration on us. This whole thing stinks all the way around for all of us, CM's & guests alike. Hopefully if we all just hang in there we will start to see an improvement soon. Good luck to all of you who have yet to make your ADR's and to those of you still calling in everyday to try for a cancellation.

I work the Disney Dining line as well and DisneyDine couldn't have said it any better. The majority of the guests have been so patient, but many have been very angry and rightfully so. I just want to say thanks for your patience and I do know this will be resolved eventually. Most the CM's have been trained on the new system and they know how to use it, now it's just a matter of the system working correctly which is causing much frustration all the way around. Hopefully sooner then later. I too have had shed some tears (today was one of those days), but keep plugging along because I know things will get better soon.

I called last Sunday and was on hold for 40 minutes. I got Boma, California Grill, Ohana, Rose & Crown, and 50s Prime Time all very close to the "ideal" time. I did have to take Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic instead of Mama Melroses Fantasmic, but we have eaten at H&V before and liked it fine--we just wanted to try the other because DN LOVES Italian food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter