Making ADR Thread - hold times, IT vents, and general whine!

I work the Disney Dining line as well and DisneyDine couldn't have said it any better. The majority of the guests have been so patient, but many have been very angry and rightfully so. I just want to say thanks for your patience and I do know this will be resolved eventually. Most the CM's have been trained on the new system and they know how to use it, now it's just a matter of the system working correctly which is causing much frustration all the way around. Hopefully sooner then later. I too have had shed some tears (today was one of those days), but keep plugging along because I know things will get better soon.
Maybe this is a really dumb question, but what exactly is this great "improvement"? How does it benefit the customer? Looks like now folks waiting on hold much, much longer and then when disney does finally answer the guest has a very difficult time getting through the ADR process successfully.

This morning it's my turn. :scared:

And I'm not 100% certain I can even book all my ADR's today because we're doing a split stay.

On hold right now.... 26 minutes and counting....

Hoping to get

1900 Park Fare
Whispering Canyon
Prime Time Cafe
Mama Melrose/F package
Crystal Palace
Hoop De Doo
Sci Fi
Askerhaus
LeCellier
CRT

Hoping to get around 5pm for each day.

Will update what I get.....

Just got through and the first CM wouldn't let me book past the first night. :sad2:

So now I'm calling back in hopes of getting one of the CM's that will let you do the 90+ 10 on a splt stay.

8 minutes and counting....

Just got through and the first CM wouldn't let me book past the first night. :sad2:

So now I'm calling back in hopes of getting one of the CM's that will let you do the 90+ 10 on a splt stay.

8 minutes and counting....

That stinks. We have a split stay too.

Well I had alot more luck than I thought I would! :goodvibes

The CM let me book through July 5th. On that day I switch to AKV and she wasn't able to push the reservations through because that's when we switch to our 3rd resort and the system only let her push it through 2 resorts.

Here's what I was able to get

Sat. June 27 Crystal Palace 4:55pm
Sun. June 28 Chef Mickey's 7:35pm ( may not keep this one)
Mon. June 29 1900 Park Fare 4:50pm
Tues. June 30 Whispering Canyon 5:10pm
Wed. July 1 Garden Grill 4:30pm
Thurs. July 2 Mama Melrose F. Package 5pm ... can't believe I got this one!!
Fri. July 3 Crystal Palace 5pm
Sunday July 5 Prime Time Cafe 5:35pm

I want the Hoop Dedoo Review for July 4th. She wasn't able to push this one through since it's during the 2nd resort of our trip and she said it's very sensitive to the exact rules.

I also had to give her 3 different credit cards for my F. package reservation. The first 2 were declined even though I know they're just fine. The 3rd one went right through. She stated that this has happened to quite a few people. The first 2 are actual credit cards with virtually no balance. The 3rd is a debit card... that's the one that went through.

I will be calling back tomorrow to book the rest of my trip and Hoop Dedoo. VERY pleased that I was able to get everything I wanted so far at the times that I wanted! :woohoo:

Did you just guess on when the Fantasmic was since July hours aren't out yet?

No luck with Sci Fi?

Good luck with Hoop! We love that show.

Well I had alot more luck than I thought I would! :goodvibes

Glad it worked out! Our experience with a split stay eventually worked out well. Since some of our group was coming a day later, and we had at one point cancelled a package and re-booked room only (and had one ressie canceled that should not have been) we had quite a time getting the system to accept our ressies.But we eventually got what we wanted.:goodvibes

I made my ADR's yesterday morning. Called at exactly 7am was on hold for 2 minutes (7:02 call was picked up by an agent) and was done by 7:22.

I even made an ADR for Sci Fi for lunch (for 2); Le Cellier for dinner on July 1 (Canada Day) for 2 people; Ohana for dinner on July 3 at 9pm (so we can hopefully watch the fireworks from the restaurant) and 7 other reservations.

I got every meal within 10 minutes of my requests - except le Cellier, that one is 55 minutes after my requested time.

I made my ADR's yesterday morning. Called at exactly 7am was on hold for 2 minutes (7:02 call was picked up by an agent) and was done by 7:22.

I even made an ADR for Sci Fi for lunch (for 2); Le Cellier for dinner on July 1 (Canada Day) for 2 people; Ohana for dinner on July 3 at 9pm (so we can hopefully watch the fireworks from the restaurant) and 7 other reservations.

I got every meal within 10 minutes of my requests - except le Cellier, that one is 55 minutes after my requested time.

When you made yours did you give them a range of times or is that just what they looked for?

Instead of giving an exact time (like 6pm), I would say, I'm looking for Le Cellier for sometime around 6ish. The CM came back with 5:20 and I asked if she had anything after 6pm, so she looked again and came back with 6:55pm.

Most of the time, I'd just say the restaurant, how many (since part of the trip is for 3 people part is for 2) and then the time-ish (6ish, 7ish, etc) and she'd come back with something around then.

About half of my reservations are for on the hour (i.e. 6pm, 7pm) and the other half are for 10 mins after the hour.

"Did you just guess on when the Fantasmic was since July hours aren't out yet?

No luck with Sci Fi?

Good luck with Hoop! We love that show. "

( Sorry I don't know how to quote on here ;) )

I asked her when Fantasmic was available that week and she said what day are you looking for. I told her July 2 and she said that she hadn't been able to get a F. package for anyone in over 2 weeks! :scared1: She asked if I was flexible on my times as the package starts at 2:30 until 5pm. I told her whatever I could get was fine. She said she had Mama Melrose for 5pm... that is EXACTLY what I wanted! :banana:

Sci Fi was my back up choice if I couldn't get the package so I didn't need to try and book it.

She said there was plenty of availability for the 5pm showing at Hoop Dedoo on July 4th so hopefully I won't have a problem getting it tomorrow morning. Our plan is to do AK that morning, Hoop then walk over to Ecpot for the fireworks since we'll be at BCV.

PrincessTrisha... I did the same thing. Told her that I was looking for all of our dinner reservations to be around 5ish. Had no problem getting them right at 5 or within a few minutes of that.

"Did you just guess on when the Fantasmic was since July hours aren't out yet?

No luck with Sci Fi?

Good luck with Hoop! We love that show. "

( Sorry I don't know how to quote on here ;) )

I asked her when Fantasmic was available that week and she said what day are you looking for. I told her July 2 and she said that she hadn't been able to get a F. package for anyone in over 2 weeks! :scared1: She asked if I was flexible on my times as the package starts at 2:30 until 5pm. I told her whatever I could get was fine. She said she had Mama Melrose for 5pm... that is EXACTLY what I wanted! :banana:

Sci Fi was my back up choice if I couldn't get the package so I didn't need to try and book it.

She said there was plenty of availability for the 5pm showing at Hoop Dedoo on July 4th so hopefully I won't have a problem getting it tomorrow morning. Our plan is to do AK that morning, Hoop then walk over to Ecpot for the fireworks since we'll be at BCV.

Thank you. Congrats on Fantasmic! I don't know if I'll be that lucky. I hope I am. That is the one thing that our family all LOVES!!!

To quote: just click the quote button on the bottom right. I learned how to double quote, but do it so rarely that I can never remember when I need to use it:rolleyes:

Instead of giving an exact time (like 6pm), I would say, I'm looking for Le Cellier for sometime around 6ish. The CM came back with 5:20 and I asked if she had anything after 6pm, so she looked again and came back with 6:55pm.

Most of the time, I'd just say the restaurant, how many (since part of the trip is for 3 people part is for 2) and then the time-ish (6ish, 7ish, etc) and she'd come back with something around then.

About half of my reservations are for on the hour (i.e. 6pm, 7pm) and the other half are for 10 mins after the hour.

Thank you!! Congrats on your ADRs.

Just wanted to pass along what happened to me -- after making a few ressies, the system crashed and the CM told me to call back -- I explained that I had been on hold for close to two hours and couldn't bear going through that again -- asked if the CM would take my phone number and call me back -- stayed close to the phone for an hour and a half but DID get a call back and was able to make all of my ADRs without a hitch -- so, if you get stuck it doesn't hurt to ask them to call you back -- it's better than being on hold for ??????? who knows how long.

I work the Disney Dining line as well and DisneyDine couldn't have said it any better. The majority of the guests have been so patient, but many have been very angry and rightfully so. I just want to say thanks for your patience and I do know this will be resolved eventually. Most the CM's have been trained on the new system and they know how to use it, now it's just a matter of the system working correctly which is causing much frustration all the way around. Hopefully sooner then later. I too have had shed some tears (today was one of those days), but keep plugging along because I know things will get better soon.

Since I criticized Disney in an earlier comment, I just want to emphasize ... In no way are the persons answering the phones responsible for these problems. I really, really sympathize with you and the other poor CMs who are stuck having to deal with angry customers. In fact, I imagine these CMs are at least as upset about this as the customers. They've been trying to do their job as best they can under the circumstances, but since they are the face/voice of the company to the people calling, they get to hear all the complaints.

If we (the customers) can make a point to be extra nice to the people answering the phones, I'd bet that we would get exceptionally nice service from that grateful person right now.

Then after hanging up we can write an angry letter to the management about their ADR system (NOT the poor CM).

Anyone else have issues with making ADRs through 407-WDWDINE??

The system hung up on me 4 times!!!!

So, how the heck are you suppose to plan ADR's without Park Hours or EMH schedules? :confused:
And how crazy is it that you can't even get all your choices on the first Day you can call! :headache:

I really think 90 days out is too close... :furious:

Rant over... Thank You...:rolleyes:

Now I can't get in at all!! Do dining plan people get preferential treatment?? She asked and I told her we weren't on the plan and she said, "Sorry, ALL BOOKED!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter