Man almost attacked by alligator in Seven Seas Lagoon

LudwigVB

Mouseketeer
While at the River Roost Bar at Port Orleans Riverside last night, I met a man who was staying at the Poly for a convention. He knew nothing of Disney and was looking for live entertainment, so he was sent to see Bob Jackson (or "Bobo the Clown," as his wife called him!).

He mentioned he saw an alligator in the water while walking between the Poly and the Grand. He said he heard hissing first, then he saw it. He even caught some of it on video on his phone. I kid no one, on the video was the gator peeking up through the water, then coming on shore approaching the man. I told him the hissing was a warning and that the gator probably scurried up because he got too close to get it on the camera.

They do exist!

yet guests act surprised when I tell them there are gators in the lake

When I was there last October, our Bus Driver pointed one out to us in one of the Canals near the entrance to Coronado Springs. He also said he had seen one earlier in the day sunning itself off to the side of Oceola Parkway.

I remember way back when there were the fairway villas my family stayed at one, the next week my best friend stayed at the same one I had stayed at and he came back with a picture of a gator on the patio! :scared1:

I saw one last summer at the GF. I called the podcast and Pete played it. I will definitely "Stay Out Of The Damn Lakes!" :cool2:

So taking this picture was a bad idea??? :confused:

232323232%7Ffp4336%3A%3Enu%3D3235%3E588%3E%3A%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3235647%3A66324nu0mrj

So taking this picture was a bad idea??? :confused:

232323232%7Ffp4336%3A%3Enu%3D3235%3E588%3E%3A%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3235647%3A66324nu0mrj

Naw, it says no swimming, not no wadding. Some people just like to live dangerously I guess. Some jump out of planes, some eat fire, Todd braves the double peril of alligators and brain eating amoebai. Don't say you weren't warned though.

Stay out of the canals too.

I saw an alligator at the one near the Hollywood Studios parking lot.

Really, why would want to get in the lake when there's so many nice pools around.:confused:

I have never seen an Ali while in FL, but I know they are out there waiting! I wouldn't go near the lakes let alone in them. We stayed at AKL this past May and it had a beautiful lagoon style pool. I took my kids in it at night and it was a bit murkey to look like a well... Lagoon and that kind of freakwd me out. Yeah, Alligators were on my mind for a split second or two!!!

Saw an armadillo along the roadway once while driving to Disney! That was cool:)

And if I heard hissing.... Boy would I be outa there too:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter