Mando & Grogu Movie is official

I understand what you are asking, but Anakin and Luke and Leia are pretty much Star Wars. The chosen one and his two children are essentially the entire Skywalker saga. Really hard to have a conversation about Star Wars and not discuss Anakin, Luke, and Leia. I’m willing to try but as far as the Skywalker saga goes they are essential. I mean the Disney ST was marketed as the exciting final chapters in the Skywalker saga right?

I think this is one of the reasons so many people don’t want a Rey movie. They want to move on away from the characters in the Skywalker Saga. It’s a big risk for Disney though, as they desperately want the built in fan base the Skywalkers bring with them.
you dont want to move on. See that is the thing, you seem to think you think for everyone, that your opinion is the only correct one, what you want is it. And it is not. Star Wars is what it is to you... and Atar Wars is what it is to Brian... and to LeiaOrgana... Star Wars means something to everyone. YOU DO NOT OWN IT.

and of course.... Star Wars is more than three individuals. LOL I agree with Brian., it is always the droids.

Anyhoo... enjoy the endless banter.

I had to like this. I got mid way on the first page and thought “I know where this is going…” and skipped to the last page to scroll for a different poster. I was not surprised to see the back and forth and assume the pages in between are the same.
you got it, it is akin to clickbait at this point.

Why do you think the Mando movie will likely have either a Luke, Leia, Or Han appearance ….. or maybe some combination of those?

Easy those characters sell and excite like no others.

Guaranteed money makers at Lucasfilm right now: Mando, Grogu, Luke, and Leia. Everything else is considered a little risky I would guess.

For what it's worth, I just like talking about Star Wars. 🙂
so do I... Usually when I click on a thread titled the Mando Grogu Movie... I expect to discuss the movie. Not get dragged back into the same argument that has been going on over several threads now about Luke in the ST.

But it is not for me to dictate what folks talk about. You want to discuss the ST and Luke and quote rotten tomato ratings. go for it. honestly enjoy your conversation, it is rude of me to expect to change it so I am bowing out.

Who makes an appearance in this movie?

Leia?
Luke?
Han?
Chewy?
R2?
C-3PO?
Lizzo?
Jack Black?
Boba Fett?

Anyone else we know or have seen before?

It sounds like the movie is in lieu of S4. That's another factor that is keeping my excitement low at this point.

I understand what you are asking, but Anakin and Luke and Leia are pretty much Star Wars.
I think this is pretty much the fundamental difference between our points of view. I think Star Wars is so much more than that.
It certainly is. What if someone said, "Jim and Spock et al are pretty much Star Trek"? Does anyone really believe that Jean-Luc Picard isn't really part of Star Trek??

Rey and Kylo et al are now part of Star Wars, whether some people don't like it or not.

Besides, if anyone "is Star Wars" it's R2D2 and C-3PO!
And Chewie!!

Why do you think the Mando movie will likely have either a Luke, Leia, Or Han appearance ….. or maybe some combination of those?
God, I hope not. It was a cheap enough trick to have a scene with Luke in the series. (And the resolution of that storyline in TBoBF.) I mean, sure, I enjoyed seeing Mark, but that twist felt like pandering.

It certainly is. What if someone said, "Jim and Spock et al are pretty much Star Trek"? Does anyone really believe that Jean-Luc Picard isn't really part of Star Trek??

Rey and Kylo et al are now part of Star Wars, whether some people don't like it or not.

And Chewie!!
Kylo is a skywalker blood relative. So it still goes back to Leia, see what I mean?

It’s hard to discuss the Skywalker Saga (KKs words not mine describing 1-6) without Leia, Luke, and Han coming up.

I think this is pretty much the fundamental difference between our points of view. I think Star Wars is so much more than that. Besides, if anyone "is Star Wars" it's R2D2 and C-3PO!
Why are those two droid’s important? Both owned by and directly a part of the Skywalker family. They were both essential to the Skywalker Saga.

Why are those two droid’s important? Both owned by and directly a part of the Skywalker family. They were both essential to the Skywalker Saga.

They are important becuase they are original and unique, appealing, used as a relatable touchstone for kids, likeable, funny, and just plain cool. Let's face it, without them, Star Wars would never have become what it did.

They are important becuase they are original and unique, appealing, used as a relatable touchstone for kids, likeable, funny, and just plain cool. Let's face it, without them, Star Wars would never have become what it did.
100% agree. Love R2 I have a R2 coffee mug. But to say his significance in the saga is not tied directly to Luke & Leia is simply disingenuous.

Kylo is a skywalker blood relative. So it still goes back to Leia, see what I mean?

It’s hard to discuss the Skywalker Saga (KKs words not mine describing 1-6) without Leia, Luke, and Han coming up.
But you don't just want their names to come up in a discussion. You want Luke, Leia, and/or Han to actually make an appearance in the Mando film. Many of us do not consider that important to the film.

But you don't just want their names to come up in a discussion. You want Luke, Leia, and/or Han to actually make an appearance in the Mando film. Many of us do not consider that important to the film.
Sure I would like it, but I don’t think it’s essential. I know Bob Iger likely knows nothing has moved the needle like the end of Mando Season 2 in the last 5 years. I also suspect he has tons of Market research and knows how marketable that moment could be. So I will not be surprised in the least if at least someone shows up.

I do think they will do the Trio at some point, but I could be wrong. I just think the word of mouth and marketing jackpot will be too much to pass up eventually. Iger wants profit and that will certainly generate profit.

Sure I would like it, but I don’t think it’s essential. I know Bob Iger likely knows nothing has moved the needle like the end of Mando Season 2 in the last 5 years. I also suspect he has tons of Market research and knows how marketable that moment could be. So I will not be surprised in the least if at least someone shows up.

I do think they will do the Trio at some point, but I could be wrong. I just think the word of mouth and marketing jackpot will be too much to pass up eventually. Iger wants profit and that will certainly generate profit.
Honestly they have to move on from the OG three at some point. We've already lost one, HF is in his 80s and MH is in his 70s. For the Star Wars sagas to continue on for another 50 years or more, they have to develop new characters.

The OG three IS what made Star Wars, but if they want the franchise to be successful in the future, they're going to have to find ways to do that.

This movie is a great way to do that.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter