Many Awful Reviews About AKV-K ??

Well, I just checked in today, and yes, the room has a few dings, but perhaps they show up a little more because the wood's dark. I transferred from Beach Club Villas, which was just rehabbed, and frankly, the room I was in, rehabbed though it was, wasn't in any better shape than this one. And at least here I have a ceiling fan!

We checked out of Kidani about 10 days ago, it was our first stay there and we were in a 1BR.

I wouldn't call it run down, though like @Simba's Mom said, there were a few scuffs and dings, possibly made more visible by the furniture choices.

What did feel more in need of a refurb were elements that were original base design choices. The furniture is very well themed, and there's a few wall decorations, but the room is a simple, plain box with painted metal doorframes--a more modern design would be less likely to have these elements. The kitchen is also as simplistic as it can be, with aging appliances. The primary bathroom was nice.

The second half of our trip we stayed in a Riviera Studio and the improvements in design choices were extremely clear.

We were traveling with two other couples, each had Kidani Studios for the first half and then Riviera Studios the second half. The first half of the trip everyone was happy to be traveling together, excited to be at WDW, and liked the Savanna views at Kidani. The second half had the other couples checking how much points at Riviera were for add-ons.

These poor reviews always croup up close to the time of a resorts refurbishment. Look back a year or so and see what they were saying about BRV. The theming at both AKL resorts is dark woods and carpet and somewhat dim lighting. They might change that somewhat with the refurb, but I hope they don't pull out all of the African touches.

These poor reviews always croup up close to the time of a resorts refurbishment. Look back a year or so and see what they were saying about BRV. The theming at both AKL resorts is dark woods and carpet and somewhat dim lighting. They might change that somewhat with the refurb, but I hope they don't pull out all of the African touches.
I think one of the issues is that AKL DVC is overdue for their refurbishment, making it look even worse than it should. Not sure if it was the pandemic that delayed the refurb, but it should have been done by now. I believe BRV was also overdue.

I just stayed in a 2 bedroom villa at Kidani Village from February 3 through 9. We had room 7624. It could use some updating, but it wasn't in any worse shape than any other hotel room or condo I've stayed at, Disney or not. The only problems I had with it were the super short toilet and lack of light in the master bathroom, but the view from my balcony was well worth those small things.

We were there in January for a week and it was nice. We love Kidani. I love brand new rooms to but since these are occupied almost continuously it’s going to get a little worn. Our room was clean and nice, I like the dark feel to the room.

We check in Feb 28th. Surprise trip DH booked last week and that’s all that was open. I’ll take it! 😁 :sunny::wizard:🎶

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter