Marathon Weekend 2017!

My wife just received this email:
Dear Meghan,

We appreciate your patience as we accommodate your request for Option 3 – a transfer of race registration to another domestic runDisney Half Marathon event within the next 24 months.

Our teams at runDisney will make every effort to accommodate your request to transfer into the 2018 Walt Disney World Half Marathon. Please know that this transfer cannot be used towards Challenge registrations, such as the Dopey Challenge or Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge.

We will be sending this link to your email address provided no later than February 18, 2017. I apologize for any confusion our previous message may have caused, but technical challenges have effected our ability to get these links out in a timely manner. There is no need for you to attempt to sign up during the general on-sale date. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

Meghan, I hope this information is helpful and appreciate your patience.

Best Wishes,

The runDisney Team
Guest Experience Services
www.runDisney.com
Email: runDisney@disneysports.com

I just called RunDisney and they confirmed that the Feb 3rd date to receive a link to register for the 2018 Marathon weekend (as a transfer from the cancelled 2017 half) was a "mistake." They said we should receive the link on 2/18, which is AFTER general registration. She assured me that they had set aside enough spots and there should be no problems getting registered on the 18th. Still makes me nervous, but what can we do?

I just called RunDisney and they confirmed that the Feb 3rd date to receive a link to register for the 2018 Marathon weekend (as a transfer from the cancelled 2017 half) was a "mistake." They said we should receive the link on 2/18, which is AFTER general registration. She assured me that they had set aside enough spots and there should be no problems getting registered on the 18th. Still makes me nervous, but what can we do?

This would concern me also. I don't mean to add to it. But, as a Goofy when they had told us we could transfer, I called because I wanted wine and dine and registration was the next day with no response to my email. The phone guy told me I was "guaranteed" entry into the race I chose. Confirmed yes for Goofy participants too. But told me he could not do it, himself. Said to wait for the email.

Yeah well. I decided to email them anyway. They did respond in an hour. And told me transfers weren't even allowed for us.

I love them, but also hate them for being so confused internally all the time!

Sorry, don't know where to post for this, but is the AP marathon weekend registration today? If so, how do I register? Firs timer here. TIA

Sorry, don't know where to post for this, but is the AP marathon weekend registration today? If so, how do I register? Firs timer here. TIA

Yes, 12:00 PM [EST]. You need to register through the AP site, search on Rundisney and there will be a link for you to access. There have been issues reported with certain browsers including one I had with Safari. Firefox works for me okay.

Yes, 12:00 PM [EST]. You need to register through the AP site, search on Rundisney and there will be a link for you to access. There have been issues reported with certain browsers including one I had with Safari. Firefox works for me okay.

I think clearing your browser history (even just for the last hour) can help if the page doesn't want to load properly.

Thank you guys! I am registering for the half, but my boss is trying to convince me to register for the full (never done either), because you have 7 hours to complete it. He just did this last one with his wife, who doesn't have much running experience.

Just received my email link for 2018 WDW 1/2 and was able to register right away! Let the training begin! And hoping for no weather interruptions next year!

Sigh. I still haven't received mine, and I never received a response from my inquiry regarding the Feb 3 date. I just emailed them again. I guess if i don't hear back, I'll give them a call.

Yep, got my link this afternoon as well and am all signed up. Still haven't received my medal, but not sure what I'll do with it anyway

Question for those of you who have received the link....was it personalized? Or generic and then you had to enter personal data to confirm your entitlement?

No, it specifically said it could ONLY be used by me. It already had my name, birthday, etc filled in and then you had to fill in shirt size, estimated time, etc.

Still haven't received my medal or park tickets yet. I just hope they haven't forgotten about us.
Also with the increase in price tickets I wonder how they will handle the tickets coming to us? I don't know yet what time of year i will be using them and i certainly don't want Disney telling me when to come use them either.

I haven't received my medal yet and I never did receive my (free?) registration link. I've emailed multiple times and I've called. I've yet to receive anything via email and when I call I just get told to wait until the 28th, even though I point out multiple people have already received their links. I'm a bit frustrated, tbh.

I haven't received my medal yet and I never did receive my (free?) registration link. I've emailed multiple times and I've called. I've yet to receive anything via email and when I call I just get told to wait until the 28th, even though I point out multiple people have already received their links. I'm a bit frustrated, tbh.

DH still hasn't received his medal either. Anyone else gotten their medal? Does he need to contact rD?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter