RACE - marathon
NAME - Lee
DIS NAME - lhermiston
Clothing - Blue Captain America UA shirt, black shorts
CORRAL - D
Early bird
Middle of pack
Pace - 9-9:30

I'm starting in I. This is the most confusing happy moment ever since if I'm reading the chart right I think my PoT should land me in L. I'm not complaining I'm just confused.

RACE - Half Marathon
NAME - Abby
DIS'er name - AbbyJaws2003
Costume/Clothing - blue sparkle skirt, blue w/white stars headband, shirt TBD
Corral - H
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early Bird
Front, Middle, or Back of corral - Middle to back
Expected Pace - ~12:30 (not totally sure, depends on my mood for stops/pics)

J for my first ever half! Definitely gives me some cushion in case I fall behind too far behind on my pace!

RACE - Half Marathon
NAME - Amy
DIS'er name - daisyamy
Costume/Clothing - disneybounding Maleficent (purple/black shirt and black speckled skirt; in search of black horns)
Corral - I
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early
Front, Middle, or Back of corral - Middle to back, off to a side
Expected Pace - Shooting for 12:45-13:00 a mile

RACE - Half-marathon
NAME - Rory
DIS'er name - Rory CB
Costume/Clothing - Figment!
Corral - B
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Late Arriver (Race retreat if you want to find me :))
Front, Middle, or Back of corral - Back
Expected Pace - somewhere between 8:00 - 9:00/mile

RACE - Half Marathon (Goofy)
NAME - Gisele
DIS'er name - Zellyb
Costume/Clothing - Daisy Duck (running with DH, Chris, as Donald Duck)
Corral - H
Front, Middle, or Back of corral - Back of corral
Expected Pace - 12-13 (at least some character stops in there)

RACE - Marathon (Goofy)
NAME - Gisele
DIS'er name - Zellyb
Costume/Clothing - Custom shirt with Goofy "Fastpass" on the back along with my name
Corral - H
Front, Middle, or Back of corral - Back of corral
Expected Pace - 13-14 (Lots of character stops I hope)

Hi everyone! Replying a little late to this party. Some background about me - I ran my first ever half marathon last January after training religiously while I lived in Boston and following the 2016 thread like a hawk. I kept up my running through the spring and early summer, and in July moved to Florida to work for Disney. I'll admit I have not been keeping up with my running as I did back in Boston, and I'm getting nervous to run Goofy in less than a month. With my diligent training last year I was able to run the half at 2:00. I'm certainly doubting I will be able to run the half that fast, let alone the marathon the next day. I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to keep up my diligence and I don't think finishing this year will be as much of an accomplishment as it felt last year. I have been trying to convince myself that my job is very physically demanding, which is why my running motivation is lacking, but I don't like making excuses. Any advice for me from the pros out there? Thanks for listening to my rant, hope everyone has had a successful training season this year! :)

Also:

RACE - Half
NAME - Jacqueline
DIS'er name - jacks_x0
Costume/Clothing - Chip and Dale inspired I think
Corral - F
Early Bird or Late Arriver - most likely early
Front, Middle, or Back of corral - front
Expected Pace - between 10-11/mile I think

RACE - Full
NAME - Jacqueline
DIS'er name - jacks_x0
Costume/Clothing - Sofia the First inspired
Corral - F
Early Bird or Late Arriver - early
Front, Middle, or Back of corral - front
Expected Pace - 11-12/mile

RACE -
NAME -
DIS'er name -
Costume/Clothing -
Corral -
Early Bird or Late Arriver -
Front, Middle, or Back of corral -
Expected Pace -

Link

RACE - WDW half
NAME - Ben
DIS'er name - Pleglech
Costume/Clothing -
Corral - A
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early bird
Front, Middle, or Back of corral - Middle
Expected Pace - 7ish while actually moving? Slower with stops.

RACE - WDW full
NAME - Ben
DIS'er name -Pleglech
Costume/Clothing -White singlet with "Trader Sam's Striders" or gray shirt with "This Runner Needs a Beer"
Corral - Probably E or M
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early bird
Front, Middle, or Back of corral - Middle
Expected Pace - Still have to do the math. Whatever allows me to be the first runner to buy a beer on course.

Can't remember if we discussed this yet...

EDIT: We did, right, because someone said somewhere that it looks like we don't run under the toll booths (not pictured below). I see that better now. Mile Marker 5 is in a different location too.

Old half marathon MK portion:
31566460931_e25539d09a_o.png

New half marathon MK portion:
31644884446_157d374def_o.png

I just started poking around in the Event Guide and couldn't help but notice this line:

This year we are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Walt Disney World® Half Marathon taking place on Saturday, with runners starting at Epcot® and traveling around Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom® Park.

Will we not being running through the castle as part of the HM now? That would be a bit of a bummer.

RACE - Marathon
NAME - Linda
DIS'er name - Dis5150
Costume/Clothing - Daisy Duck colors - white skirt, lavender tank, sparkly hot pink visor
Corral - M
Front, Middle, or Back of corral - Very back
Expected Pace -13:30ish (hopefully!)

RACE - Dopey (all races - I don't plan to change my pace much)
NAME - Melissa
DIS'er name - MissLiss279
Costume/Clothing - Waldo for marathon/other races undecided, but with SparkleSkirts
Corral - H (B for 5 and 10k??)
Front, Middle, or Back of corral - Front
Expected Pace - 11-11:30ish, maybe 12 for marathon

Thanks @DopeyBadger!!

I just started poking around in the Event Guide and couldn't help but notice this line:

This year we are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Walt Disney World® Half Marathon taking place on Saturday, with runners starting at Epcot® and traveling around Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom® Park.

Will we not being running through the castle as part of the HM now? That would be a bit of a bummer.

I thought it looked that way from the map. I'm honestly shocked if they do that, but that language along with the map sure makes it seem that way. :(

RACE - marathon
NAME - Todd
DIS NAME - steamboatWillie
Clothing - blue sleeveless, gray shorts
CORRAL - B (but might move back to C to run w/ 3:35 Clif Bar Pacer -- assuming we have pacers this year; haven't seen any info yet!)
Early bird
Front
Pace - 8:05 to 8:10

Others have noted that the route does not head through the Castle on the map. I have no knowledge of whether running through the Castle has been cut, but this is starting to look intentional. I'm guessing they may have realized that the bottleneck is just too much for that many people in such a short time frame. It won't remove anything from the race for me, I've always thought it was a huge hazard, but I can see how it would be disappointing for others.

@DopeyBadger - Thanks for doing this!

RACE - 5k
NAME - Jim
DIS'er name - BuckeyeBama
Costume/Clothing - N/A - Running clothes
Corral - no idea - dropping back to run with my wife (Amy) and friends
Expected Pace - 15:00-16:00

RACE - 10k
NAME - Jim
Corral - no idea - dropping back to run with my wife (Amy) and friends
Expected Pace - 15:00-16:00

RACE - Half Marathon
NAME - Jim
Corral - F
Expected Pace - Lots of stops - 12:00

RACE - Marathon
NAME - Jim
Corral - F
Expected Pace - Lots of stops - 12:00

I thought it looked that way from the map. I'm honestly shocked if they do that, but that language along with the map sure makes it seem that way. :(
Between the map and the launguage Curiouser&curiouser! found, I think it's gone. And I think @Barca33Runner is 100% correct as to why.

People are gonna be pissed!
Others have noted that the route does not head through the Castle on the map. I have no knowledge of whether running through the Castle has been cut, but this is starting to look intentional. I'm guessing they may have realized that the bottleneck is just too much for that many people in such a short time frame. It won't remove anything from the race for me, I've always thought it was a huge hazard, but I can see how it would be disappointing for others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter