Marathon Weekend 2017!

Awesome suprise water stop while running our unofficial Donald Half at the Polynesian this morning. The RODS volunteers were out in the rain handing out water and cheering people on. Thanks RODS! (Running for Orphans with Down's Syndrome) You made us laugh and smile. See you on the Marathon course tomorrow!

We had breakfast at 'Ohana and loved watching the cast members at the marina set up a water stop for the runners, cheer people on, and even bring out a "finish line" tape for each group going by. Very Disney.

I have to say I felt a little sense of relief when I heard the news. When we initially registered we intended on doing the 10K, however, my husband was doing both registrations so he did his and when he went right back to do mine it was already full. So we decided to go for the half instead. I have been fully terrified ever since.

Also, if we choose the 2 one day park hopper option they can't be combined, right? Like on our next trip they couldn't take the 2 tickets and combine the values into one, right?

Thanks!!!

Has anyone found out if they'll be mailing park hoppers and/or medals to Half-only runners who don't go to the expo today? I'd like to avoid adding to the crowds, if at all possible.

We called this morning. We were told after Jan 13 you can call the office and explain. They'll send you a form to fill out and then will send you your refund choice (and shirt and medal if you don't already have them.)

I have decided to run/walk additional 13.1 after marathon to make it a true 39.3 miles for completion of Goofy. No worries, even better completing challenge miles on same day. Just have to finish additional miles by midnight

Last edited:
I don't have gloves for tomorrow and I'm slightly worried since I can't exactly get any (Prime Now doesn't have any I checked). The Wind Chill is freaking me out a bit. Guess the sweat handband covers are going to get double use.

Has anyone found out if they'll be mailing park hoppers and/or medals to Half-only runners who don't go to the expo today? I'd like to avoid adding to the crowds, if at all possible.

from the following(or you can follow the links at the runDisney main page):
http://rodale-usa.instantmagazine.com/rundisney/dwmar17/

"For any Guests who are unable to visit the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex on Saturday, Jan. 7 to choose their option should contact rundisney@disneysports.com. Please include your name, bib number and phone number within the email."

Just came back from Walmart,got a thick blanket that I plan to use until my corral goes off,if its cold enough I may run the first mile with it covering me.I didn't run Disney on Ice in 2010 but these temperatures are going to be pretty similar.All I know is the temps and weather have been really nice until today and next week they turn nice again so to have the half canceled by rain and lightning and to have a "Frozen Full" is pretty much a bummer.I'll be running my first full tomorrow without family support as it'll just be too cold for them to be out there.We're Floridians this is close to as cold as it gets down here,we're not used to it.

I don't have gloves for tomorrow and I'm slightly worried since I can't exactly get any (Prime Now doesn't have any I checked). The Wind Chill is freaking me out a bit. Guess the sweat handband covers are going to get double use.
There is a Columbia store at Disney Springs that probably has gloves and I think they are selling them at the Expo, which is open until 4 today.

Check around the gift shops. They had beanies and gloves at Memento Mori. If all else fails, Fit2Run or somewhere at DS will have gloves.

This just got posted on Twitter: IMG_1062.PNG

Now question does the transfer apply just to another half or can we apply it to a challenge?

Where are you staying. I have a cheap pair of dollar store stretchy gloves you can have. I'm not running the full and hubby brought his cold weather gear so he doesn't need them.

Running Cross Country in the 1970's, we wore tube socks on our hands. You should be able to find some gloves at any on-property gift shop.

Last edited:
We called this morning. We were told after Jan 13 you can call the office and explain. They'll send you a form to fill out and then will send you your refund choice (and shirt and medal if you don't already have them.)
Thanks so much!

Check around the gift shops. They had beanies and gloves at Memento Mori. If all else fails, Fit2Run or somewhere at DS will have gloves.

Thanks for the suggestion! I was able to find a pair via the Merchandise App after you mentioned it.

Thanms everyone for the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter