Marathon Weekend 2018

So the 10k marks the first run where I’ve ever been physically moved out of someone’s way on a run. I was walking through about to grab water at a stop and someone grabs my shoulders and moves me more to the left than I already was to run through. I was literally reaching out for water that’s how close I was to the table. Everyone around me was confused and shocked.

Wow! :sad2:

On Magical Express, headed for Yacht Club!!! Had a mimosa on the flight down to kick off vacation on the right foot. Wouldn’t consider this weather “warm” but it’s amazing how warm 40 feels after leaving 8 degrees (real feel of -6) behind a few hours ago! Let’s do this!:yay:

After driving up to Manchester at 3:00 AM, we told (with no notification) that our flight was cancelled. This was the flight we were changed to after our first flight was cancelled. Delta's got nothing else in the Northeast... even if we drove 6 hours. Driving to Orlando is no longer an option because of the time window. I'm now in recouping money mode.

I wish everyone a great weekend and a great holiday. At least my son Ethan will make it as they managed to slip him onto a flight out of Boston tonight (he'll show up, sleep 2 hours, then run the half) and he'll stay with a friend.

I'll be following you guys on this thread.

Looking at the Dark Side Half now. I've never run anything other than Marathon weekend. Probably get some sleep as well. Between the digging out of the snow and trying to get on a plane, I was up all night last night.

Cheers!

After driving up to Manchester at 3:00 AM, we told (with no notification) that our flight was cancelled. This was the flight we were changed to after our first flight was cancelled. Delta's got nothing else in the Northeast... even if we drove 6 hours. Driving to Orlando is no longer an option because of the time window. I'm now in recouping money mode.

I wish everyone a great weekend and a great holiday. At least my son Ethan will make it as they managed to slip him onto a flight out of Boston tonight (he'll show up, sleep 2 hours, then run the half) and he'll stay with a friend.

Looking at the Dark Side Half now. I've never run anything other than Marathon weekend. Probably get some sleep as well. Between the digging out of the snow and trying to get on a plane, I was up all night last night.

Cheers!

So sorry to hear about this.

Cheers!
That sucks! Hope things go better for you.

Cheers!

That’s terrible. So sorry to hear this.

Does anyone know if there are marathon weekend jackets left? My small fits but would like it bigger. I am not sure if it’s worth the trip back to the expo. This is my first event. Kicking myself for just not going bigger... Thanks!

Cheers!

Sorry to hear that! Good luck recouping as much as you can. Dark Side is still a fun weekend if you can swing it!

They must be saving the production $$$$$ for the marathon because the 5k and the 10k have nothing on 2017s Dark Side. Kinda disappointed in the entertainment thus far. Hoping for more tomorrow. Maybe it’s just me!?

Cheers!

I’m so sorry. :(

I'm looking at the event guide and wondering if my son can pick up the race shirts of those who aren't going. It says only the runner can pick up his own bib, but I wonder if he has the waivers and a copy of our IDs, he might be able to get our shirts?

Cheers!
Ugh I’m so sorry! :(

I'm looking at the event guide and wondering if my son can pick up the race shirts of those who aren't going. It says only the runner can pick up his own bib, but I wonder if he has the waivers and a copy of our IDs, he might be able to get our shirts?
They tear off a piece of the bib to collect the shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter