Just heard and interesting tidbit about potential security setup at the expo. Word on the street is that a plan for this year is in place to have a checkpoint before entering the gateway up to WWS. What hasn't been decided is if it'll be a go for the events this week or not. Just some food for thought...

Can anyone give suggestions on how to handle running 26 miles in rain? The rain chance just went up to 60% overnight and in the morning. Do you wear certain clothing? Certain socks? Any suggestions would be helpful!

Plenty of Body Glide and Vaseline in any area that you don't want to be rubbed raw. Aside from that (if it's 50+ degrees), running in the rain for 26 miles isn't that bad. Forecast looks better today though - fingers crossed!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Anyone see this? Going to Ohana for post-marathon dinner and, while I enjoy rice, not quite as satisfying as eating a ton of noodlies.
The noodles are back. According to the chef, it was a 3 day trial run. The current noodle distributor has changed the noodles and they do not cook up as well as before (breaking, over/under cooking, etc). So they brought in rice to try. He said that the test did not go over well but if they keep the noodles, they will likely be changed to a different brand/style/recipe to keep them consistent and edible.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Anyone see this? Going to Ohana for post-marathon dinner and, while I enjoy rice, not quite as satisfying as eating a ton of noodlies.

The noodles are back. According to the chef, it was a 3 day trial run. The current noodle distributor has changed the noodles and they do not cook up as well as before (breaking, over/under cooking, etc). So they brought in rice to try. He said that the test did not go over well but if they keep the noodles, they will likely be changed to a different brand/style/recipe to keep them consistent and edible.

They lean on so many other companies, can they not use their power for my tasty good?
I love these noodles, and cannot ever seem to make them taste as good on my own. I suppose everything tastes better when (1) my kids are too exhausted to fight (2) I know I do not have to clean up.

SAFD (a day late)

1. Crossing the finish line with @mateojr in his very first ever 10K!! Please give him a shout if you see a running Stitch with a Lilo mom. This is a long distance for his little legs, but I think he has the determination to do it!

2. Enjoying distance running again! Super excited about the half - it's been a while since my last longer distance run and I can't wait!

3. Finding this 10K drink stop that @Keels mentioned!

Watch arrived today finally. A few days late because someone didn't do their job right at UPS. But its here for Dopey and that's what matters. Get to take it for a short test run later. Have some more things to pack but I'm pretty ready to go.

And man it kind of amazes me how much the tech has evolved over the years. I remember when heart rate monitors for watches involved wearing a strap. Now its just on the back of my watch (and yeah I know this has probably been around for a while, but I haven't upgraded watches in 4 years).

One of the exhibitors posted this on Facebook. A map of the lower level with vendors/exhibitors.

Well that's definitely interesting. A bit frustrated that there's a couple of vendors (Rock Tape and Compree Sports, and no Rock Tape and KT Tape are not the same thing, at least not identically) missing that I wanted to buy from that have been there in the past.

But I think the real shocker here is Sparkle Skirts being there. They haven't done WDW Marathon Expo in years because of the cost. They usually do a sale at their store about an hour off property, which I never go to since I'm only in town once a year.

Looks like I'll probably be getting a new skirt.

Anyone want to post misc things that we might forget to pack? (In case I missed something, or any pro tips)

Nuun
Tailwind (backup)
Sports beans
Body glide
Bio freeze
Knee compression sleeve
Voodoo bands
Poncho
Hat
Mophie case
Earbuds
Sun glasses
Chapstick
Sharpie (for signatures)
Camelbak (for full only)

If any of the more experienced people want to chime in, I'd love to hear what you all will pack! Safe travels for everyone coming down soon!

Does anyone run the full without additional water? Stop at all the water spots?
I never run supported races (half or full) with my own water. I always depend on the race water stations, that's part of why I'm paying them :)

For Disney, for the full, I alternate water and PowerAde at each (and every) station, and then time my Gu to the water stop at the appropriate time interval.

I would recommend that you take a look at the map for the spacing of the stations, and compare that with how you have trained as far as water and gel/food/etc. If the spacing of the stations doesn't align with how you've trained, I certainly wouldn't try something brand new on race day.

Does anyone run the full without additional water? Stop at all the water spots?
In my experience, runDisney water stops are plentiful! Normally, I would not carry water. The only reason I am bringing my handheld is because I run with nuun, not Powerade. With a shorter race, that is not as important. But, for the marathon distance, I was not willing to take a chance. If you train with Powerade, you should be fine with on course water stops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter