Does anyone run the full without additional water? Stop at all the water spots?

I run without bringing my own water and only use the provided water on the course, but this year I am bringing my own gels and nutrition-the poweraid isn’t a consistent strength and I never quite get enough calories from it. Besides, I hate the taste of poweraid. Also, the sport beans and bananas come too late in the course for me to actually be useful. I have debated bringing my handheld so that I can be sure to get enough water, but getting enough water has never been an issue for me on the course—calories yes, but water no.

Anyone want to post misc things that we might forget to pack? (In case I missed something, or any pro tips)

Nuun
Tailwind (backup)
Sports beans
Body glide
Bio freeze
Knee compression sleeve
Voodoo bands
Poncho
Hat
Mophie case
Earbuds
Sun glasses
Chapstick
Sharpie (for signatures)
Camelbak (for full only)

If any of the more experienced people want to chime in, I'd love to hear what you all will pack! Safe travels for everyone coming down soon!

Things I've forgotten in the past

Arm sleeves
Gloves
Garbage Bags (I like to bring the big landscaping bags that go to my knees)
Race Belt
Charger for your Garmin Run Watch
Mylar Blanket(s) for the Corrals

And as an FYI, if you figure it out early enough, many things can be replaced via overnight Amazon Prime shipment to your resort :thumbsup2

I personally use a fitletic water belt when I do full marathons. The course has plenty of hydration, but is usually short on calories/electrolytes for me personally. I use First Endurance and I make it super concentrated, taking a sip every 20-30 minutes or so. I also carry gu gels that I take with water from the aid stations. So I use my belt for electrolytes, gels for calories, and aid stations for hydration.

As others have stated I wouldn’t run with a belt you haven’t tried before on a long run. I’ve used mine for 4 years and I love it. If you decide to bring your own electrolytes you might want to try a handheld water bottle, and just bring extra tailwind or first endurance in your pockets.

Starting to worry my bag is going to be overweight...

I’ll be running without my own water. I can’t stand carrying anything.

I figured as much!

The last two year have been “pre-certified” ... mostly because the changes to the course were negligible from a USATF standpoint and not enough to warrant a re-certify. It’s definitely happening this year and if I was a gamblin’ gal, it will probably happen tomorrow night now that the start-finish apparatus is in place.
I'm surprised it still isn't up on the USATF site. Maybe someone at USATF is still on vacation.

BTW, I'm using this query if others want to stalk

TSA Update - Hartford (BDL) Addition: Just touched down at MCO. No TSA issues leaving Bradley from the regular non pre check line. If I didn’t know there were potential TSA issues, I would not have been able to tell. Security was a breeze, flight was a breeze. Obviously no weather issues either. Big difference from last year. I am happily canceling my Tuesday night backup flight as I type this. :)

I've never run at Disney carrying my own hydration. Disney is great about water stops. (A few small local races I've carried my hydration, but otherwise, bigger races usually have you covered.)
However, DO bring your own Gu/fuel/calories if you use them.

I'm with @Barca33Runner in the minority here apparently. I always carry water on me. I would love to be able to run solo without my camelbak. Unfortuanetly medical issues dictate I have to carry my own fluids. I either have to have extra help or the race has to be overly generous (ie NYC where its every mile starting at mile 3) with their water stations for me to leave the camelbak home.

Admittedly the camelbak became a blessing during 2017 Disneyland Half weekend. I used it to carry my fluids when I went into the park during the over top heatwave.

My flipbelt has apparently decided tonight is a great night to disappear. I'll have to pick one up in Florida unless it magically reappears sometimes soon.

Anyone want to post misc things that we might forget to pack? (In case I missed something, or any pro tips)

Nuun
Tailwind (backup)
Sports beans
Body glide
Bio freeze
Knee compression sleeve
Voodoo bands
Poncho
Hat
Mophie case
Earbuds
Sun glasses
Chapstick
Sharpie (for signatures)
Camelbak (for full only)

If any of the more experienced people want to chime in, I'd love to hear what you all will pack! Safe travels for everyone coming down soon!

Sunscreen.
Post race “omg that hurts/how did that chafe” supplies

I have a small - 9 oz - bottle that I carry and top off at almost all stations. Given the way I fuel I need a few sips of water every 10 minutes. Also, I am one of those people who can not drink out of a cup while walking without spilling so having it keeps me moving.

Leaving for ORD in 25 minute. Threw one more long sleeve shirt in my bag this morning. The Sunday forecast looks like the rain is gone, but the temps are going up.

Who's done marathon weekend with a cold??? I had managed to avoid the crud going around my office until a few days ago :sad2:. I am really hoping that I am a lot better by this weekend, but I'd love to hear from anyone who made it through Goofy with a cold before! I am so upset - all that training and planning and here I am race week feeling crummy. :sad1:

I'm officially checked in for my flight - less than 24 hours until departure!
American says to arrive 2 hours before the flight ... not sure how serious they are about that. I was planning on arriving 60-70 minutes before the flight. I have to decide whether to adjust my plans at all ... security line will be short (yay pre-check ... I still get excited every time I see that on my boarding pass), but I do have to wait in line to pay for and check my bag and I don't know how long that line will be.

Off for my last run pre-Florida! Hopefully I'll survive it... (I feel fine, but I'm still coughing and have no voice, so we'll see how the cold outdoors treats me).

Who's done marathon weekend with a cold??? I had managed to avoid the crud going around my office until a few days ago :sad2:. I am really hoping that I am a lot better by this weekend, but I'd love to hear from anyone who made it through Goofy with a cold before! I am so upset - all that training and planning and here I am race week feeling crummy. :sad1:

colds and illness are, in my experience, pretty common during taper. the rule of thumb here is you should be OK to try it if the symptoms are "above the neck." that's nasal congestion, sore throat and runny nose. "below the neck" symptoms would be chest congestion, nausea and fever. hacking cough? no bueno.

i came down with a head cold before my marathon in october that i did everything in my power to keep from blossoming into a full-on sinus infection. the morning of the race was unpleasant but, once i started running, it went fine (illness-wise, anyway).

the main thing is to follow what are good rules for race week prep for everyone: get lots of rest and hydrate.

this article has a bit more detail: https://www.runnersworld.com/health-injuries/a20857754/should-i-rest-or-run-with-a-cold/

edit: fix link

Last edited:
Now that people are heading down to WDW, and those of us with FOMO are feeling it start to kick in, it’s time to put those feelings aside and wish everyone safe, speedy travels and a fantastic time.

To the first timers...soak in all the sun, the atmosphere, the feeling of being surrounded by thousands of other crazy runners and walkers, and let it wipe away any lingering anxiety about what you’re about to do. And congratulations for all you’ve done to make it to this point.

To the “old-timers”, who have been here before (probably multiple times!), find that new spark that makes it fresh, encourage the newbies amongst you, and have a great race.

To @Keels Thank you for being the social director and welcoming the disboard members at HH and DATW. And may you always be far out of range of Carissa’s voice! And to @lhermiston, thanks for the pre-race meet-ups. It’s nice for people to be able to see a friendly face beforehand to take one’s mind off pre-race jitters.

On Friday, somewhere around 3, we’ll virtually join you in an adult beverage to celebrate along with you.

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:
I don't bring any water with me at Disney & plan to stop at them all, especially if it's warm. It seems like there are enough there. I hate carrying extra stuff, but did at a local fall marathon carry my bottle as it was soooo hot and had to keep refilling it. I would rather not at Disney if possible. The water stops can get crowded at times though, I've seen & been in some accidental tripping.

I'm surprised it still isn't up on the USATF site. Maybe someone at USATF is still on vacation.

BTW, I'm using this query if others want to stalk
It didn't get posted online until a few days before last year, I saved it Jan. 3 & we ran Jan. 7. Seems normal for a late posting I guess.

Exhibitor listing is in the event guide now too - https://guide.rundisney.events/expo/

EXHIBITOR BOOTH #
Active Sol Eyewewar 235
AdventHealth 238
AfterShokz 218
Air Relax 501
Altra Footwear 431
American Cancer Society 529
Apex by Sunglass Hut 207
Armpocket 429
AT&T 124
Balega 121
BeeCause Charms 423
Better Than Tens 216
BFF :: Electric Foam Roller 128
BLUE Buffalo 210
Bondi Band 135
Brooks 129
Campus Quilt Co. 503
CEP 220
Cigna 407
COOLCORE CHEMICAL FREE COOLING PRODUCTS 334
Counter Cultur3 109
Disney Environmentality 425
Disney Springs 345
Disney Vacation Club 137
Feetures 215
Fit2Run 215, 221, 227
Fitbit Miami Marathon & Half Marathon 527
Fitletic 332
FlipBelt 516
Fluffy Fizzies 433
FOND MEMORIES GRAPHICS 522
Garmin USA 228
GEICO 244
GoGo squeeZ 338
Hoka 221
Jeff Galloway 132
Jelly Belly Candy Company 211
KT TAPE 533
Lasting Commemoratives 518
New Balance 119
ON Running 227
One More Mile 111
OtterBox 206
Outside Interactive 306
Polar 107
PRO Compression 505
Raw Threads 507
Real Time Pain Relief 341
Road Runners Club of America 110
ROLL Recovery 234
RooSport 339
runDisney Headquarters 101
Running Zone Foundation Events 531
Salomon 112
Senses-A Disney Spa 251
Sparkle Athletic 514
SPARKLE SKIRTS 521
SPARKLY SOUL 530
SPIbelt 415
SportHooks LLC 528
Sweaty Bands 419
TEAM 413 - GRACERUNNER MINISTRIES 524
Team In Training - The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society 308
The Ganachery 347
The Stick 104
Track Shack 125
Zensah 117

On the plane to Orlando!

Good thing number one of today: Found my Fitbelt this morning so yeah I don’t need to rebuy it.

Good thing number two: There’s a cute dog sitting next to me (well she’s under the seat but still)

Good thing number three: In a few hours I am finally back in Orlando!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter