• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Five countries into DATW!

View attachment 375613
Well this is fantastic!
giphy.gif

One more thing I wanted to ask!

For those of you who use GPS tracking when you run, what did yours say for the length of your run? Mine was 26.98. I was just slightly ahead of the markers for the first few miles but it just got more and more off as time went on. I know bathroom breaks and pacing while waiting for my friend during bathroom breaks would add a little bit, but that seems like a lot. I heard a couple other people remark that they thought the markers were off from their GPS too. What could account for the difference?
Mine showed 26.44, and I ran pretty tight tangents with no bathroom or photo stops. I was in corral A for the first time ever so I didn’t have to dodge and weave too much either. That’s the closest to 26.2 I’ve ever been.

I tracked 27.2 just using Strava, no watch. My Fitbit said 32 miles for the day when I got to the monorail at Epcot. I did a lot of weaving and did a terrible job running the tangents. No restroom, character or ride stops.

Dang I missed out on a lot of what was going on here. It was nice spending some quality time with DH though and enjoying Disney without kids. Sorry we didn’t make it to any of the meet ups. DH was the one down on the track in WWOS so celebrating wasn’t something he was really into after the marathon. Already planning for redemption though!

Dang I missed out on a lot of what was going on here. It was nice spending some quality time with DH though and enjoying Disney without kids. Sorry we didn’t make it to any of the meet ups. DH was the one down on the track in WWOS so celebrating wasn’t something he was really into after the marathon. Already planning for redemption though!

Oh no! That must have been scary when it happened. I hope he is recovering well.

For those of you who use GPS tracking when you run, what did yours say for the length of your run? Mine was 26.98. I was just slightly ahead of the markers for the first few miles but it just got more and more off as time went on. I know bathroom breaks and pacing while waiting for my friend during bathroom breaks would add a little bit, but that seems like a lot. I heard a couple other people remark that they thought the markers were off from their GPS too. What could account for the difference?

My half read 13.57 and I was actually shocked. I thought for sure it would be way more considering us going off course for pics/bathroom and going up to the castle and definitely not running any kind of tangents. Was impressed we stayed relatively close to 13.1.

Answer to how I'm feeling today: my legs were more tired I think from going commando in the parks on my race day than from the actual run. Sitting in epcot a ton the following day was really nice. My feet did not like all the slopey roads on the back half of the half. The inclines were way manageable, but I didn't like the tilt of the road.

Oh no!! Sorry that that happened but so glad he's okay.

Congratulations to everyone on their races especially the Dopey racers. Didn’t achieve Dopey for me this time. All went well until I caught a bug Saturday which started me off with a fever for Sunday’s marathon. Between the fever and the heat I really started struggling after I left Animal Kingdom. At ESPN I had a medic following me asking if I was ok. I kept saying yes, but I guess I was weaving. Then just about mile 20 I fainted. They got me back to the medical tent I had just passed and that was the end for me. Last night I felt horrible, whether from the heat or illness I don’t know, and terribly stiff and sore. Today I’m feeling better except for the cough I’ve gotten and I’m not very sore. So yay for that training on the soreness end.

I wanted to thank all of you for the encouragement this past year for trying this. Yesterday I to,d DH that I didn’t ever want to do a marathon again. Today, as he predicted, I’m debating about trying for Dopey next year.

So sorry to hear/read this! My wife caught something similar Saturday and I caught it after that. We had to take her to the hospital for an IV Sunday night and Monday, I couldn't take two steps with feeling fatigued and light-headed. We had to call an in-room doctor because I didn't even have the strength to walk to catch an uber to go to a urgent care clinic. If that would have happened a day earlier, there is no way I could have ran a single step.

I hope you are recovering quickly.

I was over for the half. I have run plenty of races were I have nailed the distance in the past so I think the course was long. Not hugely long but long.

I always run long at Disney - the half came in at 13.32, which I thought was decent. The marathon was 26.92 for me last year.

I was at 27.42, but that included a bathroom and I forgot to stop the watch until I got to the food boxes!

I was wondering the same thing. My GPS said 26.79. My friends was very close to mine. I tend to run in the middle the entire time. This seems like a bigger discrepancy than any other race I have run. The half’s I have run have been with .05.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter