I've done California Grill marathon Sunday the last 2 years. Totally worth it. Remember that fireworks are generally earlier as Disney moves toward the off season so plan your time accordingly. Last couple of years the Marathon Sunday fireworks were at 8pm.
I’ll definitely keep that in mind thanks!

Ugh...

Is there really no DVC availability already?

We are getting points from ILs and I told DH to get on it from his parents. He of course hasn't.

What is something new that you're wanting to try during your next Disney trip?
My next Disney trip will be in October. I'm looking forward to experiencing Toy Story Land. The model was impressive and if the immersion quality compares to Cars Land, it could be awesome! We were also hoping to stay at the Boardwalk for the first time. But, that is only if our wait lists come through. Staying at a non-home resort can be really tough!

Non-Disney answer... We are panning on doing a RIP tour at HHN. Last year was my first HHN and I'm hoping the RIP tour makes the experience even more amazing! (And...Stranger Things house? Yes, please!)

SAFD: We always try to eat somewhere new to us, so for Marathon Weekend, we will be trying Ohana for dinner for the first time.

If there is an AP preview for Toy Story Land in June, then I’ll be planning a last minute trip for the first time.

I am always up for new dining and there certainly plenty of restaurants I have not tried yet. I’m thinking maybe California Grill post marathon. There are always new things at Disney springs too.

Otherwise I’ve been interested in tours a lot lately. I tried the free ones at Rafikis Planet Watch in March but I’m thinking about Caring for Giants or something else. Now I could very well do some of this in November while I’m at Wine and Dine though.

It might be a little tame for a college student, but I found Behind the Seeds to be an excellent and affordable (by Disney standards) tour.

SAFD: Pandora and Toy Story land. And want to finally try the beignets at POFQ!

Oh man! I forgot about beignets! We are staying at POR and I definitely plan to walk over to POFQ for some of those.

SAFD: We always try to eat somewhere new to us, so for Marathon Weekend, we will be trying Ohana for dinner for the first time.

If there is an AP preview for Toy Story Land in June, then I’ll be planning a last minute trip for the first time.

We love Ohana. It was my post-marathon meal in 2017 and will be again in 2019.

One more thing! Registration was supposed to be this coming Tuesday and the plan was for next Sundays are for Disney to be your goals for marathon weekend. DopeyBadger has done that at least the last two years and I think it's fun to compare goals and revisit them before marathon weekend. Unless anyone wants to wait until June (or whenever), I'll plan on asking that question next week so be ready!

Also, last year I think we had two spread sheets - one that listed where everyone was staying (courtesy of @rteetz ) and another listing which race everyone was running, if they were doing costumes, if they planned on doing the Hurricane Hannah's meetup and if they would do race morning meetups. I think it makes the most sense to combine those into one master spreadsheet (though I'm open to suggestions).

I am not as Excel savvy as I should be, but I should be able to put something together unless someone is DYING to take over for DopeyBadger as our Excel overlord...

Let me know. This doesn't have to be anything that happens in the near future - plans change and whatnot - just thinking ahead.

One more thing! Registration was supposed to be this coming Tuesday and the plan was for next Sundays are for Disney to be your goals for marathon weekend. DopeyBadger has done that at least the last two years and I think it's fun to compare goals and revisit them before marathon weekend. Unless anyone wants to wait until June (or whenever), I'll plan on asking that question next week so be ready!

Also, last year I think we had two spread sheets - one that listed where everyone was staying (courtesy of @rteetz ) and another listing which race everyone was running, if they were doing costumes, if they planned on doing the Hurricane Hannah's meetup and if they would do race morning meetups. I think it makes the most sense to combine those into one master spreadsheet (though I'm open to suggestions).

I am not as Excel savvy as I should be, but I should be able to put something together unless someone is DYING to take over for DopeyBadger as our Excel overlord...

Let me know. This doesn't have to be anything that happens in the near future - plans change and whatnot - just thinking ahead.
I am happy to help in anyway!

SAFD: The next new to me experience is dinner at Spice Road Table this Friday. I’m really looking forward to it.

SAFD: We’re also doing Spice Road Table for the first time this Saturday. Also doing STK for the first time, as our celebratory dinner after the Half on Sunday. May do Enzo’s for happy hour before that.

SAFD: my next planned Disney trip will be Dopey, my first four-race weekend. I’ve done two three races (5k/10k/half), plus Goofy this yr, so one step left.

Haven’t figured out dining or anything special and new yet. Not even sure if it’s going to be a solo trip or if I can convince someone to join me.

SAFD: We arrive Tuesday and are excited for lots of firsts:

-First trip to WDW for just DH and me!
-First time staying at CCV
-First Moonlight Magic at AK (and WDW)
-First HEA dessert party
-First time eating at California Grill for brunch after the 1/2:hyper:

My next trip is in less than 2 weeks! YAY!! Going with my cousin who has never stayed on-site and has only done a couple of day visits so we have lots of character meals planned, including Bon Voyage, which will be a first for me.

W&D weekend - excited about Toy Story Land!

Marathon weekend - would like to try a new restaurant, maybe Tiffins or California Grill. And complete DATW!

I think wait to ask goals until people are registered in case people are still waffling on what/if to sign up. Maybe the Sunday after registration opens. Also, if people are at Darkside this weekend they might miss the goal post, so waiting might be better.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter