Marathon Weekend 2020

How does one watch out for/get those discounts? Do you have to book through a specific TA?

And, what’s your opinion on whether Goofy will sell out?
The goodie bag discounts are technically only for those running the Wine and Dine races (that is if they offer them again). You just go in through using the link.

TA discounts all depend on the TA and what they have available. They will vary from TA to TA and some may offer them and some may not. Charities will work the same.

I do not think Goofy will sell out.

Second, does anyone recall when discounted bibs started rolling out last year and what the discounts were? Is it possible to eventually snag a Goofy challenge bib for less than what’s being listed right now? And yes, I know it’s possible no disco
I wouldn't expect TA discounts on bibs this year. There was a change in TA bibs and how Disney give them to them. They all took from the same pool of bibs so as far as I know weren't given an allotment that they could be stuck with if not sold, meaning no fire sales to ditch them most likely. Just my thinking on it.

I asked on the Pop thread and yes, it sounds like they are the same mattresses. I ended up going with a little mermaid room at AOA for my friend & I.

Thanks. I'll probably stick with AOA even though they are only double beds. I've never stayed there but have stayed at Pop. Nice to change it up.

Thanks. I'll probably stick with AOA even though they are only double beds. I've never stayed there but have stayed at Pop. Nice to change it up.
I have never done AoA but I will say I love the new Pop rooms. I have heard the AoA LM rooms are starting to see some wear and tear. Either way a good choice.

I have never done AoA but I will say I love the new Pop rooms. I have heard the AoA LM rooms are starting to see some wear and tear. Either way a good choice.

Oh boy, now I'm not sure. I still have a room at both reserved but would like to cancel one soon. I hope to know this weekend whether our friends will join us. If they do, maybe Pop would be better with newer rooms and queen size beds.

Oh boy, now I'm not sure. I still have a room at both reserved but would like to cancel one soon. I hope to know this weekend whether our friends will join us. If they do, maybe Pop would be better with newer rooms and queen size beds.
If location is a factor too, LM rooms are the furthest from the lobby. Obviously if you are a big LM fan I would stick with that but its really up to you.

Second, does anyone recall when discounted bibs started rolling out last year and what the discounts were? Is it possible to eventually snag a Goofy challenge bib for less than what’s being listed right now? And yes, I know it’s possible no discounts are offered.
Only Dopey bibs from TAs were significantly discounted last year. They were offered the first week of November but there was still a room and park ticket requirement (waived if you were AP). Towards the end of November, they were able to waive the room requirement if you had a DVC reservation or were local. Just checked my emails and on November 23, Goofy was $350 inclusive, so a $60 savings but you still had to book a room and purchase tickets through them.

I have stayed at AOA and we had a great stay. The theming is adorable.

If location is a factor too, LM rooms are the furthest from the lobby. Obviously if you are a big LM fan I would stick with that but its really up to you.

The LM rooms are the farthest from the lobby, but honestly it is not that far. I've had much longer walks at POR and other resorts.

Two things:

First, a SAFD callout. I want to mix things up for a few weeks with a Disney/runDisney version of “Would You Rather?” and I’m looking for some submissions.

For example: Would you rather get a free stay at a Deluxe resort, but not get to go to the parks OR get unlimited fast passes, but have to sleep in your car?

These should be tough decisions (mine isn't the best example, I’m sure you all can do better)! I’m asking for anyone with ideas to DM them to me and we’ll roll them out over SAFD for the next few weeks.

Second, does anyone recall when discounted bibs started rolling out last year and what the discounts were? Is it possible to eventually snag a Goofy challenge bib for less than what’s being listed right now? And yes, I know it’s possible no discounts are offered.
I got a discount code for the marathon weekend and Star Wars races last year in my goody bag for the RnR Philly race in September. It was $50 off Dopey or Goofy and, I’m not sure, but I think $35 off the marathon on marathon weekend. I don’t know if other RnR races did that.
Edited to add I remembered wrong it wasn’t in the official goody bag it was in the bags runDisney was handing out at the expo.

Last edited:
Got my post-race massage booked at Senses at Grand Floridian. Once I complete 48.6 miles, I'm off to get an 80 minute massage at 3pm. :love:
Note: You can start booking your pampering NOW.

I'm anticipating finishing the race around 12:30 if I take my time and hit the start around 6am. Then I can take a bus to Grand Floridian, have a quick bite to eat at some counter service/quick service and be ready to shower and relax in a robe :yay:

Hi runners! So I've been slacking hard. I need to get back to working out and running regularly, but I'm having trouble wanting to get out of bed. I was so good, but I've lost all motivation. Maybe because it's so humid out or maybe because I haven't signed up for any races. Maybe I need to contact DopeyBadger and start a new plan? What motivates you besides races?
Playing in the dirt. The uphill part of trails reminds me of skinning uphill on my splitboard, the downhills are reminiscent of riding downhill, what with having to navigate a line and all. And falling. Although falling in the snow hurts a bit less, and bleeds a lot less.

Have any of you ever done a training program through your local running store? Was it worth it? I'm considering signing up for one through my local Fleet Feet for the fall half I'm registered for. Price increases tomorrow so gotta figure it out today. The two group runs per week start on the trail behind the store which is only a 15 minute drive from my house....but theres also a creek trail behind my house that I can be on in 30 seconds after walking out the door. I've been very spoiled. But I do like the idea of getting to try different fuels during the long runs, tips on form and pacing.....

Have any of you ever done a training program through your local running store? Was it worth it? I'm considering signing up for one through my local Fleet Feet for the fall half I'm registered for. Price increases tomorrow so gotta figure it out today. The two group runs per week start on the trail behind the store which is only a 15 minute drive from my house....but theres also a creek trail behind my house that I can be on in 30 seconds after walking out the door. I've been very spoiled. But I do like the idea of getting to try different fuels during the long runs, tips on form and pacing.....
Yes! I have ran with my local Fleet Feet store since I started running in 2014 (although it wasn’t a Fleet Feet at the time). I love having groups to run with and having a supported long run with places to refill water. Even though I have been using a @DopeyBadger plan the last few training sessions, I still sign up for the group. I have made so many good friends through their training programs, and can usually find someone to run my other runs with.

Yes! I have ran with my local Fleet Feet store since I started running in 2014 (although it wasn’t a Fleet Feet at the time). I love having groups to run with and having a supported long run with places to refill water. Even though I have been using a @DopeyBadger plan the last few training sessions, I still sign up for the group. I have made so many good friends through their training programs, and can usually find someone to run my other runs with.
Thank you!!! Exactly what I needed to hear!

Doing my first Dopey in 2020 and the second on in Orlando. Did the Dark side challenge. Coming over from The Netherlands with a friend so pretty excited for this one. Doing Pais over 91 days, 5, 10 and the half. But the whole marathon wil be the first one. Great to see and read how you are preparing for the run and reading the tips.

Around Pa:
DH here: updated my POT this morning.
DW registered for her goal 10-miler to get POT for the half.
We're booked at BW. Actually booked at Swan also. We'll see if Disney releases any discounts.
Waiting for any info on Race Retreat and SWA flight schedule.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter