Marathon Weekend 2020

Booked some southwest flights this morning for school vacation in February - visiting my parents in Florida.

Now I have the pesky problem of deciding whether we might make a day trip or 2 to WDW, and if that plus marathon weekend plus any other possible trips makes an AP worth it....hmmmmm.

I am a bit disappointed that the earliest flight out for me is 7:40AM non-stop usually I can get one before 7AM but that's not an option right now. There are 6AM flights but nothing non-stop.

Got my flight booked! It takes off at 5:40am so that will add an additional early morning wake up but I'm going to justify it by saying it will help me get to bed early for the 5k and I get to be at Disney by breakfast time!

I was tempted by that 5:40am flight, but ended up opting for the 1:30 flight since I'm flying in on Tuesday. No need to start sleep deprivation quite that early!

I got a 7:45 flight that arrives at 11am. I plan to rent a car and will head right to ESPN for packet pickup. If anyone getting in around that time wants to hitch a ride, let me know.

Because I'm two timezones West and it is always hard to transition to the early wakeup calls, I'm coming in on a redeye Wednesday night, landing Thursday at 5am. Hopefully that'll help me acclimate better and help me get up for the 10K on Friday.

I love the Happy challenge, especially since I'm doing it!

I am a bit disappointed that the earliest flight out for me is 7:40AM non-stop usually I can get one before 7AM but that's not an option right now. There are 6AM flights but nothing non-stop.
No non stop flights from the west coast either. Hopefully there won't be any major weather delays. I may wait to see if prices go down.

I don’t fly Southwest, but I booked my flights this week too! You guys are killing me with these early morning flights. I booked the first non-stop departing at 8:15 am and I don’t arrive in Orlando until 4:55 pm. 🤣

I don’t fly Southwest, but I booked my flights this week too! You guys are killing me with these early morning flights. I booked the first non-stop departing at 8:15 am and I don’t arrive in Orlando until 4:55 pm. 🤣
I’d rather get there early and have a full day then get there in the afternoon/evening. That’s how I’ve always looked at it.

I’d rather get there early and have a full day then get there in the afternoon/evening. That’s how I’ve always looked at it.

I'm with you! My flight leaves at 6 AM and I land at 9:25 AM. I even started looking at flying in the night before because I wanted to get a full day in the parks. There's a 9 PM flight that lands at 12:45 AM. I decided not to pay an extra hotel night for a couple of extra hours in a park. Of course, I still have several months to talk myself back into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter