Marathon Weekend 2020

Good morning, RunDisney all-stars!

Halloween is this week, which has me thinking about costumes. For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what costumes are you planning on wearing for Marathon Weekend? If you’re not planning on wearing a costume, what is a memorable or favorite costume you’ve seen during a past race?

My race outfits for the 10K, half and full will likely involve some combination of Mr. Incredible, Spider-Man and the Avengers. I have tech shirts of all three and ran the full as Mr. Incredible this year, which was a blast.

There’s also potential for a Goof Troop themed costume, but those details haven’t been ironed out yet.

Have a great week, everyone!

SAFD: Very timely for me because I ordered a Rainbow Unicorn from Inside Out t-shirt online that just showed up. I knew it wasn't a tech shirt but I didn't realize it's 100% cotton until it showed up. I'm wondering if I should chance it even though I was not planning on running the half full on, just taking it easy. I might wear a tech shirt underneath. I'm getting a rainbow skirt to wear with it.

For the full I'm kicking around some ideas but right now I'm planning on some version of a Baymax in his armor shirt.

I have done C3PO and R2D2 in the past just wearing Inknburn clothes - I loved the comments "that's not the Droid we're looking for" from the announcer in DHS, etc.

I am either doing a different rendition of R2D2 this year, or I'm going for Boo from Monsters, Inc. I have purple shorts and a white hat - all I would need is a purple tank top/t-shirt and to put some googly eyes and mop hair on top of my hat.

Hmm, looking at the picture, I might need a purple hat, too.

Attachments

• 41R7mCcFakL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
    41R7mCcFakL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1

SAFD: The focus in the last months has been on costumes for DD and I for the 5k and 10k. Those are what we really considered:
Minnie and classic Minnie
Mother Daughter shirts
Maleficient and her dragon
Darth Vader and Storm Trooper
Lilo and Stitch
Unicorns
Canadian red and black checkered shirts with Chip and Dale

After trying our headbands yesterday, we settled for Unicorns on the 5k and Checkered shirts with Chip’n’Dale for the 10k.

I am not sure whether I’ll be wearing costumes for the half and full. I am tempted to be Lilo and Stich for the half and Tiki room light for the full (read: wear my tropical running tank top... I wasn’t able to get a Dole Whip MagicBand).

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what costumes are you planning on wearing for Marathon Weekend? If you’re not planning on wearing a costume, what is a memorable or favorite costume you’ve seen during a past race?
I haven’t even started planning that weekend yet. Need to get through wine and dine first.

My favorites of the past of mine are the magicband and the toy story aliens.

SAFD: For the 10K I'm doing Oswald with a blue sparkleskirts skirt, maybe black tights underneath if it's cold, this black TeePublic shirt:
Black arm warmers if necessary, and I'll wear my Oswald ears headband I got at Tokyo on our trip in May.

I'm still not sure what to do for the full! It's my first full so it's pretty monumental and I definitely want to commemorate it with a great costume, but also need to be comfortable. I usually do a costume with a base of sparkleskirt and raw threads top. I just keep going back and forth between vintage Minnie Mouse, Orange Bird and the parasol girl from HM stretching room.

SAFD: Yep. I have thought a bit about costumes. lol.

I am running Dopey this year and each race will have different people I am running with. My youngest daughter is doing Dopey too so she will be with me for each race. All costumes are set up to easily add layers underneath (long sleeve Cold Gear shirts, running tights etc and all are using existing running tech clothes with the exception of the 5K where we have cotton shirts:

5K - Daughter and I are doing Tweedle Dee/Tweedle Dum. I bought two matching basic yellow cotton T-shirt’s that I will iron on the white collar/blue bowtie as well as matching red hats and matching red shorts.

10K - My wife ran the 5K last year as Ortensia. She is re-using that costume and I am going as Oswald which will be royal blue running shorts, a black tech running shirt and Oswald ears. Daughter is going as Steamboat Willie.

Half - Like last year, the whole family is doing the half and like last year we are doing a group concept. Last year it was Pooh. This year we are doing Nemo. I am using my exact same outfit from last year where I duct taped black Tigger stripes on my orange tech shirt for Tigger to instead use black and white duct tape for Nemo stripes. Oldest is going as Dory, youngest Darla and wife is still deciding.

Marathon - I am simply wearing one of my 2 Under Armour Captain America Alter Ego compression shirts. My daughter is doing the same with either Iron man or Spiderman.

Halloween is this week, which has me thinking about costumes. For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what costumes are you planning on wearing for Marathon Weekend? If you’re not planning on wearing a costume, what is a memorable or favorite costume you’ve seen during a past race?
For the 5k I plan on wearing the Disney Dogs shirt my friend custom made for me following the “no Pluto you get Oswald instead“ disappointment of 2019. The back is in memory of my Best Pal which makes me happy. For the 10k (yes, I get an Oswald race again...) and the full, I plan on to go as a runner, potentially in layers.

My favorite costume I have seen was Kevin during the 2014 Disneyland 10k.

I've been debating on whether or not I'm going to do costumes. If I actually go out and do them, I was thinking of Big Al for the 5k (I think it would be my best costume but no way am I running anything longer than a 5k in a faux fur jacket), Herbie and Jack Kelly from Newsies for either the 10k and half, not sure which yet. And for the marathon, I'm not doing a costume but found a shirt I liked. It's Cap's shield and says I Can Do This All Day. Since that's how long it usually takes me, I feel it's appropriate.

Finally booked my flight today. No direct or non stop were available so hopefully Houston won't have weather problems since my layover is there. DHS closes at 8:00pm so my hope to go straight to Rise of the Resistance probably won't work, but Epcot has evening EMH so it looks like I'll go there after I get in.

Guess I'm doing Rise of the Resistance on Wednesday morning before the Expo.

We may see you there. We're doing DHS at opening before the Expo too.

Still deciding if I’m going to do costumes. I’m leaning towards just wearing things I already have in an effort to save money somewhere since my airfare cost more than planned.
For the Full I want to go Mickey themed I think but dont have a plan yet. For the half I’ll do a basic Snow White with a blue top, yellow sparkle athletic skirt and red visor. Might add ribbon on the sleeves. For the 10k I was thinking of Merida. I would need a new skirt for that one. For the 5k maybe a red Minnie raw threads top and sparkle skirt I already have.

I have a Sully onesie that I plan to wear for the 5k. Really hoping for cooler temps because I may die wearing that thing if it’s not. My friend is trying to get a Mike costume for the 5k. I guess you could say we are dressing like Minnie for the Half. We have polka dot skirts and black tops for it. Plan is to dress normal for the 10k and full.

DH and I have reservations at Pop, and made reservations for DS and his GF at AofA for this trip. I just had a call from Disney offering to “create some magic” and give us a complimentary upgrade to Coronado in place of the Pop reservations. Has anyone else had this offer?
I was called with this same offer yesterday and I don't think I'm going to take it. Pop is extremely convenient for marathon weekend buses to the expo and events, so I don't quite see it as an "upgrade" in that sense. My only regret is that I love quiet, and I've heard CSR is great for that. What did you decide?

I was called with this same offer yesterday and I don't think I'm going to take it. Pop is extremely convenient for marathon weekend buses to the expo and events, so I don't quite see it as an "upgrade" in that sense. My only regret is that I love quiet, and I've heard CSR is great for that. What did you decide?
I took it. The offer was for a water view room in the new Gran Destino tower, and after I explained that we planned the way we did to be near DS and his GF, she extended the offer for them as well, even though Disney wasn’t trying to move people from AoA. I figured it as a $550+ upgrade for the two rooms, and we weren’t likely to stay in the new tower otherwise, so I couldn’t turn it down. DH and I are driving, so we’re thinking of staying until Tuesday. We’ll probably move somewhere else after DS and his GF fly out on Monday. Last MW, we moved from CB to AoA when we decided to stay an extra day.

I took it. The offer was for a water view room in the new Gran Destino tower, and after I explained that we planned the way we did to be near DS and his GF, she extended the offer for them as well, even though Disney wasn’t trying to move people from AoA. I figured it as a $550+ upgrade for the two rooms, and we weren’t likely to stay in the new tower otherwise, so I couldn’t turn it down. DH and I are driving, so we’re thinking of staying until Tuesday. We’ll probably move somewhere else after DS and his GF fly out on Monday. Last MW, we moved from CB to AoA when we decided to stay an extra day.
Good reasoning. Thanks for your reply!

SAFD:
Well I don’t usually like to run in costumes. I get hot to easily and tend to get fidgety if something is blowing in the wind or bothering me in some way. But I love looking at all the runners in costumes! My favorite was a group of runners that had built a monorail car and I could hear the monorail announcements coming from it - too cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter