Marathon Weekend 2020

I saw a location marked "massage" on the post-race map in previous years' MW guides. Anybody gotten a massage post-race? Do they do them only after the marathon? How much, and was it worth it?
Thanks!

For this week's Sundays are for Disney, I'd like to know have you ever visited another Disney Park? How did it compare to WDW? Are there Disney Parks you haven't visited that you'd like to see?
I grew up going to Disneyland so it's home as it were. Because the Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort are very different experiences, I can't really compare them. For the resort experience, I like WDW better. But my very favorite theme park in the entire world hands down is Disneyland.
So I totally get it when people say WDW is the best park; it is fantastic! But Walt Disney built Disneyland and I feel like his presence remains in that park. I need to go back it has been too long!
There is a charm and intimacy to Disneyland that no other Disney theme park has. They're not wrong to refer to Disneyland as Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom.
Goofy is sold out, but Dopey is still open and you'd get all 6 medals that way!
While there may be valid reasons to skip Dopey (work, PTO, et all), I know from my own experience that if you can run the marathon, you can run Dopey.

SAFD: I live about 10 minutes away from DL. January will be my 5th trip to WDW, so it is still relatively new to me compared to DL. Ultimately I would like to visit all of the parks, but I think Tokyo would be the next on the list. I think because it appears to be to so different from the American parks.

On a side note, has anyone tried a Complete Cookie as their pre-run breakfast?
I have! They’re dry so plan to have it with your choice of tea/coffee.

If I am paying for Dopey, I am running all the races. Even if I get fired for not having enough PTO to be there. Which is really one of the big things holding me back. And also running Marathons is stupid.

Which is why the marathon during Dopey isn’t really running. It’s a 6+ hour walk and jog while getting your picture taken, drinking, goofing off with friends, and riding rides. :rotfl:

I saw a location marked "massage" on the post-race map in previous years' MW guides. Anybody gotten a massage post-race? Do they do them only after the marathon? How much, and was it worth it?
Thanks!
I believe it’s only offered after the marathon. I got one in 2018 and it was $20 for 20 minutes back then, cash only. It was busy and there was a bit of a wait to get the massage.

SAFD: Been to Disneyland right after 99/00 New Years Eve. It was packed, I was shocked and did not want to visit another Disney Park EVER.
Anyways, around 2011 (?) we did a Florida Trip and got lost in WDW, since then we are hooked and came back so often. The same Year, we visited DLP. It was another shock compared to WDW. But it got better over the Years. DLP is a five hour drive for us, so we got APs and fall in love with this Park. But WDW is still better and we try to come as often as we can. Got our second AP this year for WDW, just before the increase the prices.

But, tbh, I feel like, after 2020s Castle2Chateau Challenge, I need a break from Disney. There is so much going wrong at the moment.

Is International Gateway entrance open to guests entering Epcot during the Full Marathon? There are 4 of us running and 4 cheering us on, and we are all staying between CBR and Pop.

Trying to strategize a plan for the non-runners for the day, and wondering if it's worth it for them to take the Skyliner to IG.

Is International Gateway entrance open to guests entering Epcot during the Full Marathon? There are 4 of us running and 4 cheering us on, and we are all staying between CBR and Pop.

Trying to strategize a plan for the non-runners for the day, and wondering if it's worth it for them to take the Skyliner to IG.
It should be but it will be crowded with the race likely running through there.

SAFD: The only other park I’ve been to is Tokyo Disneyland in 2004. I don’t remember a whole lot about it and can’t find my pics. I remember eating Japanese Curry for the first time at one of the quick serve places though.

I’m in the marathons are stupid frame of mind right now. I’m sure I’ll be fine by race weekend. I came home from Wine & Dine with another stupid cold so that’s probably not helping.

I’ve only been to DL and DCA so I can’t chime in on this one. I’m very much looking forward to checking out WDW! Hoping to hit all the parks but Hollywood Studios might not happen. It’ll depend how I’m feeling.
Add me to Team Marathons are Stupid! At least that’s my current conclusion after my 17 miler.

This will be my daughters third marathon (first Dopey). After she signed up to run another one in spring of 2020 I sent her a meme that said "Do people who run Marathons know they don't have to" - because I really think they don't. She too agrees that running marathons is stupid and hates the other one she signed up for because she already knows the course. Naturally I had to point out that she didn't have to do it but all that earned me was an eye roll, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter