Marathon Weekend 2020

Yes, I have seen people with ruck sacks for the WDW marathon, maybe not as many as other marathons. Touringplans.com, who track crowd sizes, generally says that the races don't increase park crowd sizes significantly. Congrats on your retirement.
I’ll probably pass on this years as my body is hurting but I’ll definitely do next yrs and thank you for your service

I really like the marathon start as it brings back memories of my first marathon in 2011 along with my first Unofficial Dopey. Guess I am also Unofficially the only WDW Perfectly McFlurry Marathoner :cool1: since the new route does not pass by McD's.

Perfectly M&M McFlurry John*

* --- retired

I really like the marathon start as it brings back memories of my first marathon in 2011 along with my first Unofficial Dopey. Guess I am also Unofficially the only WDW Perfectly McFlurry Marathoner :cool1: since the new route does not pass by McD's.

Perfectly M&M McFlurry John*

* --- retired
And McDonald’s would be closed anyways.

I’ll probably pass on this years as my body is hurting but I’ll definitely do next yrs and thank you for your service

The 2020 race is sold out. Makes the decision for you and gives you plenty of time to get ready for 2021.

Decided to change things up and not do my usual post half/pre race dinner. I've been going to Olivia's for years for that reason. But I feel like doing something diffreent. Now to try and find something that's available and I would like to do...

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! We are 44 days away from the kickoff of Marathon Weekend 2020!

Turkey Day is just around the corner and it's a good time to examine what we're thankful for. For this week's Sundays are for Disney, what are you thankful for? Let's try for a Disney/runDisney angle to this, but throw in anything else are thankful for.

I am thankful this trip is evening happening. Longtime followers of this thread may recall I've gone from being definitely out for MW2020 to maybe in, to in, to back out, to back in. My side gig that funds cool stuff like Disney trips was pretty good this year and has made this trip possible, so I'm thankful for that.

I'm thankful for these boards and the folks on it. In addition to being a source of information, humor and support, I've gotten to know some of you a little better over the years and I appreciate that. I tell people that marathon weekend kind of feels like a class reunion and I think that's pretty accurate. I'm thankful I'll get to see many of you in less than seven weeks and meet many of you I haven't met before.

I'm thankful for my health. It's been a trying year at times and I've taken a beating in more ways that one. But I know I could go to Disney tomorrow and finish these races.

I'm thankful Boma and 50s Prime Time Cafe exist because I am ready to crush some food at both restaurants.

I'm thankful runDisney even exists. I know the races are expensive and they make some frustrating decisions at times, but this is far and away my favorite race weekend and I look forward to it every single day.

I'll rein it in for now...

Have a great week, everyone!

SAFD: What a great question this week!

Mine is simple and easy. I'm thankful that runDisney exists. Had I not seen an advertisement in a magazine for the WDW Marathon, I never would have found the motivation to start running 3.5 years ago. It's changed my life.

Happy Thanksgiving Week! So many things to be thankful for, but here are a few: I am certainly thankful for Disney World and all the fun it offers. I am thankful for runDisney and it’s motivation for me to have a running program. I am thankful that I have the time and resources to be able to participate. I am especially thankful that I have been physically able to do this in my senior years. I am thankful for family to share the experiences. And I am thankful for the cyber- friends here who make it all so much more fun. Life is good. Amen.

Turkey Day is just around the corner and it's a good time to examine what we're thankful for. For this week's Sundays are for Disney, what are you thankful for?
I am thankful that my body is holding up through training for marathon #2! There are days when it questions my sanity, but so far I’ve been able to keep going. I’m thankful to be DVC, AP and have ample vacation time so I can make trips like this happen. Finally, as others have said, I am thankful for runDisney. Before discovering runDisney (W&D 2013 was my first) I had never run a step in my life. runDisney and Jeff Galloway showed me that even I could be a runner...and enjoy it!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

SAFD: I am thankful for rundisney. It’s the main reason I started running. It’s the only reason I decided to do a Full. It’s brought me so many new friends and memories. I’m thankful I have the opportunity and ability to do Dopey in January. Im
Thankful I’ll be meeting some of you and Im
grateful for all your advice and entertainment so far. Im thankful my body is injury free this training cycle. Im thankful my family is supportive of my running and encouraging me to do this as well!

SAFD: I'm thankful for this thread, which keeps reminding me why I'm doing all this training. And I'm thankful for my podiatrist, who was able to get me out of pain back in the spring so I was able to start running again.
Also, I'm thankful that this event is a great excuse to see my best friend (her husband is military so they don't live by me - he agreed to be my running partner for the half).

I'm thankful for my DH because without his support and encouragement I wouldn't be able to do these trips solo. I'm thankful that I'm healthy enough to continue running. I'm thankful for Mickey pops and refillable popcorn buckets so I won't go hungry during marathon weekend, lol. And lastly, I'm thankful I'll be earning a Pluto medal this year!

SAFD: I’m grateful to RD for allowing me to continue to enjoy Disney as an adult. When my boys were growing up, we went to Disney often, even having APs occasionally. Then they got older (they are now 17 and 19) and outgrew Disney — but I didn’t! On a whim one summer (after hearing about an upcoming high school reunion — does anyone else start examining their life because of reunions?!), I decided to run my first marathon at Disney after hearing about a friend’s amazing trip. That first race was 2014. Since then, I have done at least one race weekend a year, covering all four WDW-based events. My family still isn’t interested in Disney vacations, but I turn it into a girls’ extended weekend and totally have a blast! Yes, we could go to Disney for other reasons, but Run Disney events are primarily “grown-up” centered, Disney enthusiasts with a running problem. There’s just nothing else like it!

SAFD: Like a lot of other people, I'm thankful for runDisney. After one year of track in high school and many failed attempts at Couch to 5k, in January 2012, I decided I was going to run that d**n 5k at the ripe old age of 26. :P I actually completed the program with a 10k and 5k when I discovered the 20th anniversary Disney marathon on a whim that July. I signed up, and I have been hooked on running ever since - running 5ks, 7ks, 10ks, 15ks, half marathons, and now 4, soon-to-be 5 marathons. I never would have imagined it. This will be my 4th Marathon Weekend trip (three marathons and one half).

I'm also thankful for this community, especially @DopeyBadger because I don't know if I would stick with any other training plan like I stick with his. And the wealth of info provided by everyone else.

I'm thankful for my family, even though my kids drive me B-A-N-A-N-A-S most days. To keep it rD themed, my DH tries not to complain about these Marathon Weekend trips with my mom. :P

I'm thankful for the Master's Cupcake at BoG.

And the Carousel of Progress and Muppet 3D for providing excellent napping spots during long touring days.

:rotfl2:

I'm thankful for RunDisney because I never would have started running if it weren't for them. I'm thankful for the people I've met from the boards here because of the positivity and all of the things I've learned. I probably wouldn't have kept running after the marathon and the Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland that year without all of you.

I’m thankful for 10+ years of running with no major injuries (ruptured and repaired Achilles was 4 years prior to my jumping on the running wagon).

I’m thankful for DDs who got me into runDisney and my DH who is still in it with me!

I’m thankful for this community of supportive runners and Disney fans...y’all are the best online community!

Not feeling very thankful today. 7 mile easy taper run and my hamstring grabs at 5.5 miles. Scrambling to get into a dry needling session before Thanksgiving while working around an unexpected board of health audit at work that’s already cancelled my vacation days Monday and Tuesday. Space Coast is looming next Sunday. So many emotions right now. #snakebit. >:(:crutches::sad::sad2:

Late 2009 I was scrolling DIS Boards and came across a post from this group- something about running through the castle- and that is how I discovered Run Disney! I had NEVER run before I started training for PHM 2011- it was amazing and I am still here and still running. I had blood work last year before Dopey training started and then after. It showed clearly how running is changing my health for the better and I am out running a family history of heart disease. I too didn't outgrow Disney when my kids did! I am thankful for a husband & family that understands and supports my love of RD and occasionally runs a race with me. So much to be thankful for!

This year I have a special place for @DopeyBadger as am super grateful for his awesome training plan and his extra work to keep me running and uninjured. He put together a special plan when I decided I needed to do a Rim2Rim hike across the Grand Canyon - mid Goofy training- after rightly questioned my sanity. Thank you!

Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories and challenges each week- I don't always post, but often lurk. Reading/following your success stories inspired me to run my first Marathon as part of Dopey 2019- that would not have happened without the daily sharing of the struggles and celebrations on this list. This is an amazing community!

I wish you all a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter