• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

What’s Instagram? No, really, I know what it is, but I have a hard enough time with that Facebook thing. I’m boring enough in reality that I don’t need to be boring in photographs, too. Although I feel like I should be at least vaguely embarrassed that my dog has an account and I don’t.

I feel your pain camaker. I get by on FB and follow a few on instagram but never post. I will admit if Mallory had an Instagram account I bet she would be popular. I have had lots of strangers take pics of her, but she loves it.

I hate to sound old but I guess if the shoe fits, why do people like instagram better?

I'm curious, too. I'm a FB gal but I keep hearing that more people are ditching FB for IG. I have an IG but never use it. I have found that I get on FB less because of all the negativity and drama so......hmmmm.....

I hate to sound old but I guess if the shoe fits, why do people like instagram better?
The younger generations hate Fb.

Twitter is my main social media. Fb is full of a lot of nonsense that just make me eye roll or angry or whatever. It’s people complaining in groups or bragging about whatever. I still have it and use it but it’s just not that fun for me.

I run into a lot less politics on Instagram, from my side and the other. Not none, but a whooooooole lot less.

I think this is why I'm wanting to switch. I'm interested in politics and follow it but it's not why I use FB. I use it to see pictures of people I like. Their kids, pets, hobbies, vacations etc. Seems Instagram lends itself to that better.

I use Facebook mostly for my photography, my town stuff & some random nonsense and then Instagram for Running and Disney. Twitter I rarely use. I feel like if I post all the running and Disney to Facebook I'll annoy those friends unlike Instagram where people who follow are because they like that stuff not because we knew each other in like High School.

Fb is full of a lot of nonsense that just make me eye roll or angry or whatever. It’s people complaining in groups or bragging about whatever. I still have it and use it but it’s just not that fun for me.
It is. I wish people posted more fun stuff going on with them & not just drama or political these days. Problem with facebook is it hides & reorders stuff so randomly that a lot of posts get missed and people never even see them.

Is it inappropriate to ask if any of my DIS friends have a running-specific Instagram account?? I love following a bunch of people I don't know for my daily runner inspiration, but would be fun to find some that I "know" . Mine is averagerunnermom

I just started following you. Mine is disneygpa, mostly my running stuff but also other life stuff. I also like to see other runners and see how they are doing. Good luck with your running!!

Kinda went through the post I hadn't read yet and started following a bunch of ya! Hope you all don't mind!!

Last edited:
Tangentially related, the same reason I am here and left another site’s Disney message boards is the no religion/politics rule. I’m here for Disney please. Stop shouting at each other.
I want to triple-like this. If I keep mashing the "like" it just likes and unlikes though :jester: I deactivated FB because I really wish I could back to the time when I didn't know what stupid opinions various acquaintances have. It's absolutely the reason I prefer to spend time here. I may have made an IG account a million years ago when it came out but have no idea what my login would be. I do like Pinterest for costume ideas.

I feel like I may be the only one who celebrates at Biergarten. Dumplings, steins of beer, apfelkorn, jaeger, herring, sausage salad, and if you are lucky, the pork roast(for the cracklings).

ETA: but I’m a big dude. Even in peak shape I still tip the scales at over 200#.

I also always go to Biergarten in the evening post-marathon and I always see a fair number of other marathoners there as well. For me, I get sick of the eating and drinking all that sweet stuff during the marathon, so the heavy and unlimited amount of food at Biergarten is perfect. Plus, a beer the size of my head is a perfect way to celebrate.

I also always go to Biergarten in the evening post-marathon and I always see a fair number of other marathoners there as well. For me, I get sick of the eating and drinking all that sweet stuff during the marathon, so the heavy and unlimited amount of food at Biergarten is perfect. Plus, a beer the size of my head is a perfect way to celebrate.
I'm one of those people who feels kind of devastated after a marathon and my body is not looking for any food for a long while after. I did go to Biergarten after one of my marathons, when we traveled with a big group of people, and it was a lot of fun. I wanted a beer even if I wasn't really ready to eat a lot and it was a good place to just be with a bunch of people whether I was starving or not. The music and atmosphere are very festive.

I'm one of those people who feels kind of devastated after a marathon and my body is not looking for any food for a long while after. I did go to Biergarten after one of my marathons, when we traveled with a big group of people, and it was a lot of fun. I wanted a beer even if I wasn't really ready to eat a lot and it was a good place to just be with a bunch of people whether I was starving or not. The music and atmosphere are very festive.

I also cannot eat right after the marathon. By about 7 or so, my appetite is back. Plus, whether I am solo or with family, it is fun to sit with other people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter