Marathon Weekend 2020

I feel like I may be the only one who celebrates at Biergarten. Dumplings, steins of beer, apfelkorn, jaeger, herring, sausage salad, and if you are lucky, the pork roast(for the cracklings).

ETA: but I’m a big dude. Even in peak shape I still tip the scales at over 200#.

We've done Biergarten twice as our post-marathon celebratory dinner. We love it ther!

At the other end of the scale from La Cava, one can never go wrong with a celebratory dinner (or any dinner, really) at Victoria & Albert's.

We've done this too. It's amazing, just nothing something we want to spend on every year.

I think my favorite is Raglan Road. Good food, excellent beverages and a fun (but loud) atmosphere. We did Artist Point (or whatever they call it now with Snow White) this year. I'm probably in the minority, but thought it was just ok, but admit the allure of having picture with Dopey after a Dopey might draw me back.

Given your screen name, is that a required answer? ;) I am also a Raglan fan for any time. Since I do Disney solo, I can sit at the bar--indoors or out--and enjoy a pint....and food.

As for where to celebrate afterwards, I am a fan of quiet (as much as you can get at Disney) locales and good food. Sanaa is a favorite pre or post race.

So, I’ve been mulling over Marathon Weekend 2020 a bunch (long runs in the snow are good for that) and I think I’ll be back for the Goofy Challenge.

What I’m most excited about is having this be my first solo trip and completely changing how I approach marathon weekend. Less structure and planning. More go with the flow. I’m gonna check out the expo. I’m going to come and go to the parks as I please. I’m going to fully commit to DATW. And, I’m going to do my best to making the marathon a full-fledged fun run - characters, rides, all the drinks and hopefully doing the whole thing alongside some runDisney all-stars.

Bring on January 2020.

So, I’ve been mulling over Marathon Weekend 2020 a bunch (long runs in the snow are good for that) and I think I’ll be back for the Goofy Challenge.

What I’m most excited about is having this be my first solo trip and completely changing how I approach marathon weekend. Less structure and planning. More go with the flow. I’m gonna check out the expo. I’m going to come and go to the parks as I please. I’m going to fully commit to DATW. And, I’m going to do my best to making the marathon a full-fledged fun run - characters, rides, all the drinks and hopefully doing the whole thing alongside some runDisney all-stars.

Bring on January 2020.

I did a solo trip for the last Avengers Half and really enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would! It was such a different experience. It was so nice being on my own schedule and getting to do what I want when I wanted. You're gonna love it!

I think I want to focus on the marathon itself, and having my first marathon be the best it can be. Leaving Dopey for later also gives me something to aspire to after I've reached that first huge goal
This was my thinking going into marathon weekend this year. During the last few miles of the marathon I started thinking about 2020. I easily decided Dopey was out (4 early wake-ups in a row are not for me!) but the marathon was in! Over a month later and I’m still sticking to that decision...

Bring on January 2020.
You watched @rteetz 2019 marathon weekend video, didn’t you?!? While it didn’t make me want to commit to Dopey, I’m ready for marathon weekend 2020! Bring on 26.2 miles of fun!!!

You watched @rteetz 2019 marathon weekend video, didn’t you?!? While it didn’t make me want to commit to Dopey, I’m ready for marathon weekend 2020! Bring on 26.2 miles of fun!!!

It’s something I’ve been debating since before the 2017 WDW marathon. For that first one, I wanted to give it my best effort in case it was my only full. For Dopey 2019, I dipped my toes in the fun run waters, but still did everything solo. What put me over for 2020 was reading some trip reports and realizing I’ve never had a truly communal running experience. It was always me vs. the world. Everything I experienced, I experienced alone.

Now, I’d like to try that shared experience once. There’s value in that support, camaraderie and having someone you can call up and say, “hey, remember that time...”

Is it inappropriate to ask if any of my DIS friends have a running-specific Instagram account?? I love following a bunch of people I don't know for my daily runner inspiration, but would be fun to find some that I "know" . Mine is averagerunnermom

Is it inappropriate to ask if any of my DIS friends have a running-specific Instagram account?? I love following a bunch of people I don't know for my daily runner inspiration, but would be fun to find some that I "know" . Mine is averagerunnermom
I just followed you, so you can follow me back if you want. I post running and disney.

Bring on January 2020.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Yes. I am super stoked to have you back for the encore you deserve!

I have been contemplating if I should just do Goofy but I know I am a sucker and Dopey its gonna be.
Saaaaaame. /sigh

I just followed you too. I don't post a lot, but I do around race times.

It’s something I’ve been debating since before the 2017 WDW marathon. For that first one, I wanted to give it my best effort in case it was my only full. For Dopey 2019, I dipped my toes in the fun run waters, but still did everything solo. What put me over for 2020 was reading some trip reports and realizing I’ve never had a truly communal running experience. It was always me vs. the world. Everything I experienced, I experienced alone.

Now, I’d like to try that shared experience once. There’s value in that support, camaraderie and having someone you can call up and say, “hey, remember that time...”

I totally get what you are saying here. This year I ran my first rundisney with someone else and it's a totally different experience. Still like my solo runs too, but so glad I had a shared experience and we are already talking about doing it again. I do wish I took a longer vacay with less planned so that I could have spent more time with the running community outside of the race itself. That's the part I may need a re-do on. Especially if it involves DATW.

I just followed you too. I don't post a lot, but I do around race times.

I totally get what you are saying here. This year I ran my first rundisney with someone else and it's a totally different experience. Still like my solo runs too, but so glad I had a shared experience and we are already talking about doing it again. I do wish I took a longer vacay with less planned so that I could have spent more time with the running community outside of the race itself. That's the part I may need a re-do on. Especially if it involves DATW.
So solo Dopey 2020?

Followed. Mine is running and babby, with just a hint of professional, at least these days.

I started following you but my IG is more personal and boring than running related. I wouldn't be offended if you didn't follow back, haha.

My husband’s is fully running related (@sfnute) but mine is a mix of Disney, Booze, Dogs, and sometimes running. @swflmeli

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter