Marathon Weekend 2020

He was really graceful and kind when I talked with him. It's really weird because I don't really fanboy over anyone, but he's someone I've likely spent 100s of hours watching while I run. I spend a lot of time on treadmills and I'm almost always watching one of his or Arno's videos. I appreciate so much the content that they create.

No doubt. I feel like you might've been the one that mentioned his videos a while back that got me hooked. On the rare occasion I get on a treadmill, I will typically chromecast his videos (sometimes Arno's) and just pretend I'm running a Disney course. I will sometime watch other people's content too, but Gerald's are at another level.

I'm so behind but here's a late SAFD answer: I have a lot of disney mugs. It's almost comical. So on the weekends when I have my coffee in my disney mug it's like a little vacation. For the 15 min before I have to put it down to do all the things I schedule for myself! I also own a lot of little disney odds and ends around my house. I listen to disney park music on many a long run or easy run day. And I watch youtube vlogs on the treadmill often. Also will listen to disunplugged on way home once a week.
And half my pajamas are old disney tshirts.

PS for those who were talking about mom guilt; it is real. But I told my kiddo that all I did at disney was eat spicy food and sushi, go to bed early, watch boring stage shows, and run. She was like "ew, count me out." I told her we'd do a trip her and me when she's a little older and we'll do only fun things, not gross mom things.

Anybody know when POT would be due for the full for next year?

Apologies if this is already answered but my search isn't finding the right thing. Just trying to set a few tune-up races during my training that might serve as POT, since my last "good" time is too old now.

SAFD: Always planning that next Disney trip - headed to Disneyland this weekend!! But there are little reminders all over: my Mickey necklace, my collection of Disney inspired pins (I usually always have one on), my Disney mugs and wine glasses, my Dopey wall'o'bling&things from Marathon Weekend 2019. Then there is the crazy little group chat that I am in that sparks all the joy, Disney related and otherwise.

Apologies if this is already answered but my search isn't finding the right thing. Just trying to set a few tune-up races during my training that might serve as POT, since my last "good" time is too old now.
It was October 9, 2018 for this year's marathon weekend, so if logic prevails [which is always a wild card with RD] then expect October 8, 2019 .

For the 2017 marathon, it was the Monday before Columbus day, for the 2018 marathon it was the Tuesday after Columbus day. I am personally hoping it is after (which would be October 15th) since I always run a half-marathon that weekend (the 13th this year). They had a date on their website but I can't find it now, nor the discussion from before. Either way, I think the consensus was that it was wrong.

It’s not always joy....
giphy.gif

For those of you who book your runDisney getaways through a TA, which agency do you use? I have a TA I love to work with, but they don’t offer any marathon weekend discounts.

(I can’t believe I’m even asking this less than a month after declaring I had my Disney fix for a while.)

For those of you who book your runDisney getaways through a TA, which agency do you use? I have a TA I love to work with, but they don’t offer any marathon weekend discounts.

(I can’t believe I’m even asking this less than a month after declaring I had my Disney fix for a while.)
TAs don’t typically offer discounts outside of the public ones. They will only offer discounts if they can’t sell the bibs they have which won’t be until late in the game.

TAs don’t typically offer discounts outside of the public ones. They will only offer discounts if they can’t sell the bibs they have which won’t be until late in the game.

Ah, okay. I thought some of y’all had mentioned marathon weekend packages/discounts/etc in the past.

One benefit to not committing to anything is maybe getting a better bib price later in the year.

Right, I booked my room and tickets through a TA since she got me a good price, but I got the bib on my own through the usual Run Disney process at the usual Run Disney rate. If you're interested, send me a message and I'll give you her contact info.

Well I'm stepping into the half marathon corral for the first time! I've been away from running for a few years and now back at it. The only Disney race I've ever done was the last Tower or Terror 10 miler! So here's to the half 2020

CONGRATS on making that decision. Now you'll just need to decide where to celebrate later that day :)

I feel like I may be the only one who celebrates at Biergarten. Dumplings, steins of beer, apfelkorn, jaeger, herring, sausage salad, and if you are lucky, the pork roast(for the cracklings).

ETA: but I’m a big dude. Even in peak shape I still tip the scales at over 200#.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter