• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2023

I see on the WDW site info like 2022 cost, times, etc but where can I find info like where the different races start (so I can plan where to stay), how to get there etc... also, it looks like the registration is around April?

Thanks!

I see on the WDW site info like 2022 cost, times, etc but where can I find info like where the different races start (so I can plan where to stay), how to get there etc... also, it looks like the registration is around April?

Thanks!
All Marathon weekend races start and end at Epcot. All Disney resorts, and at least some of the Disney Springs hotels have race morning transportation.

Thanks!

Are you looking at a WDW site or RunDisney.com? The RunDisney site is where you'll find the most info. There should also be a link to the Digital Event Guide for this year's event on the site. There's a lot of detail in the event guide that may be helpful to you. Registration dates for 2023 haven't been announced yet and registration has started anywhere from March to July in recent years, so keep an eye on this site or RunDisney social media for the announcement, when it comes.

Are you looking at a WDW site or RunDisney.com? The RunDisney site is where you'll find the most info. There should also be a link to the Digital Event Guide for this year's event on the site. There's a lot of detail in the event guide that may be helpful to you. Registration dates for 2023 haven't been announced yet and registration has started anywhere from March to July in recent years, so keep an eye on this site or RunDisney social media for the announcement, when it comes.
Thank you, didn't realize there was a rundisney site!

Just putting this here for safe keeping, as I might want to reference it next year if we stay at VWL/CCV/BRV

Did my first MW this weekend and it’s definitely a whole other vibe than the wine and dine and Star Wars weekends I’ve done in the past….

unfortunately due to scheduling I am out for 2023 but following along this thread for all the comradely hopefully will do some distance over 2024’s event

Did my first MW this weekend and it’s definitely a whole other vibe than the wine and dine and Star Wars weekends I’ve done in the past….

How is it different would you say? I’ve only done MW.

Obviously, I can't speak to what differences in vibe @1lilspark has noticed, but I've done all three of those race weekends as well, and have also observed differences. To me, the difference, at its simplest level, is that Star Wars and Wine & Dine have felt like celebrations of their themes. Marathon Weekend feels more like a celebration of running.

It just had a higher energy I don’t know if it’s because it’s the flagship weekend or just cause it’s the second event back after the hiatus but I felt a greater runners high this weekend than I had last November than again the gloomy weather we had that weekend could of overshadowed the excitement to be running Disney again

For me, the full in 2020 was harder than Dopey, or at least on par. I can't see myself doing the full again without it being part of Dopey. So I'm in for 2023 Dopey!

I might have to spring for the club upgrade to get that S2 buffer, because I'm not sure I have the new POT in me.

I’m in for Dopey 2023 (pending registration as it sounds like 10th anniversary Dopey will be extremely popular!) My sister is also in for Dopey while my boyfriend is interested in his 1st marathon (and possibly the 5k and the 10k.)

While I definitely had FOMO this year, Covid and my job requirements (as a nurse) would have made traveling down a very difficult decision this year. Feel for anyone who had to cancel last minute. Hoping Covid will be less of a concern for me next year!

10th Anniversary Dopey. It's gonna be nuts how fast this will sell out.
Even though I should probably graduate from the marathon to the Goofy Challenge before contemplating going for the Dopey, your point about it being the 10th Anniversary for the Dopey Challenge has me rethinking the logic of my thought process. Perhaps I'll think about it some more as I'm icing my ankles later tonight. :crutches:

My experience has been Marathon Weekend is bigger (more runners/events), and thus everything (expo, etc.) "feels" bigger — feels like runners fully take over WDW for a few days! Plus it's the only runDisney race weekend with a full marathon which brings out a different crowd. The theme is straight-up "marathon" and the main Disney characters (Mickey, Minnie, etc.), plus sometimes anniversaries. Marathon Weekend is the one where I get the most "runner" vibe. It feels unique among the race weekends.

The other races seem smaller in comparison by my experience. Still excellent!! But they all put a major focus on their race theme (princess, star wars, wine/dine, etc.) and the theme typically permeates everything. Especially the expo, merch, start/finish/course features, photo ops, etc.

Princess feels like the runner up for that Marathon Weekend bigger event "vibe," though Princess still feels smaller (I assume it is smaller? don't know the numbers). And the princess theme is omnipresent. Ladies everywhere!!! (Men participate, of course, but women predominate!)

My experience has been Marathon Weekend is bigger (more runners/events), and thus everything (expo, etc.) "feels" bigger — feels like runners fully take over WDW for a few days! Plus it's the only runDisney race weekend with a full marathon which brings out a different crowd. The theme is straight-up "marathon" and the main Disney characters (Mickey, Minnie, etc.), plus sometimes anniversaries. Marathon Weekend is the one where I get the most "runner" vibe. It feels unique among the race weekends.

The other races seem smaller in comparison by my experience. Still excellent!! But they all put a major focus on their race theme (princess, star wars, wine/dine, etc.) and the theme typically permeates everything. Especially the expo, merch, start/finish/course features, photo ops, etc.

Princess feels like the runner up for that Marathon Weekend bigger event "vibe," though Princess still feels smaller (I assume it is smaller? don't know the numbers). And the princess theme is omnipresent. Ladies everywhere!!! (Men participate, of course, but women predominate!)
Well said, I agree! MW really has an all encompassing feeling where it seems like everyone is there to participate in some capacity.

For me, the full in 2020 was harder than Dopey, or at least on par. I can't see myself doing the full again without it being part of Dopey. So I'm in for 2023 Dopey!

I might have to spring for the club upgrade to get that S2 buffer, because I'm not sure I have the new POT in me.

I’m curious to hear more about why you thought the full was harder than Dopey. I did the full in 2020, and am debating, but intimidated by Dopey - so would love to hear more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter