March 10 announcement?

Agree completely with this post, which is why the persistant rumors about NY in the summer of 2012 have confused me. Not going to Asia seems more about finishing the Hong Kong port and not world turmoil. They could certainly do an Eastern Med with Greece and Turkey and avoid Egypt. There is a lot of interest in NY departures (at least until people find out how expensive it is to do that), and the 2011 med cruises, I thought, weren't selling well, so they may just think they need to do something new. We've never cruised with another line, but we may next summer, because we really want to do the Greek isles by ship! We'll see.

What about an Adventures By Disney trip in and around Greece and Turkey that might have a cruise component to some of the islands? (Much like the Eygpt trip with a mid-trip stay on a ship cruising the Nile)....

This is a stupid law, why would they do such a thing? But I still want round trip from L.A. to Hawaii, I would be just fine with 4 at sea days and 3 days in Hawaii. But that is because inlive in L.A. and it save money on airfare! Although eve one way wouldn't be too bad, depending on the time of year as tickets to Hawaii can get as cheap as about $100 round trip (one way is usually more expensive, so you just book round triip, although some airlines will offer cheaper one way tickets from time to time).
The Jones Act was enacted to protect US shipping rights, and just happens to also affect cruise ships. In some ways, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for cruising, but it's not about to be repealed.

Sayhello

has anyone else noticed that all of the Panama Canal itinerary information is still on the DCL website? All of the information about the Baltic itinerary was removed, perhaps they are planning on moving the Magic to the west coast or the Wonder to the east coast?

I think the Wonder will stay on the West Coast. If they do Alaska again in 2012 they would want the Wonder, not the Magic as the Wonder has that great enclosed area above the Cove Cafe. Perfect for viewing the scenery in temps that may be too cold for comfort to be outside. I can't see a point to swapping ships to the opposite coasts.

MJ

31 pages in and still no "announcements". Lots of great itineraries talked about on here though if Disney is lookin' for ideas :rotfl: Only one I disagree with is NYC to PC to CC and back. Not sure if that would be a huge seller :confused3

:rotfl: So true... 31 pages and nothing. That's how much all of us are waiting for them to announce SOMETHING. ANYTHING.

If Disney does not come out with the next summer schedule soon they are going to lose customers because Carnival came out with their Hawaii one and a lot of DCL people want Hawaii. I hate to go with another cruise line but if DCL is not offering anything new and exciting we might look elsewhere.

I guess the rumour mill has stopped on this thread until some new information becomes available.

TA emailed me this morning that she thinks the week after next is when they will announce because there is training going on next week. So maybe the April 6th date that people have been talking about is correct. I don't know why Disney would release after all their competitors already have.

Ensenda is showing up under Port adventures today and the Panama Canal ones are gone so maybe soon.

TA emailed me this morning that she thinks the week after next is when they will announce because there is training going on next week. So maybe the April 6th date that people have been talking about is correct. I don't know why Disney would release after all their competitors already have.

We will be on the Wonder at this time. If this is true, I assume the dates will be available for us to book?

Interesting! Ensenada is a port stop on roundtrip (but not one-way) Hawaii cruises!
Ensenada is also a port stop on the repositioning cruise from Vancouver to LA, too... so it might not mean anything for 2012, yet.

A repo cruise from Canada to the US doesn't need to stop in Mexico.

I'm aware of that, but Ensenada is listed on the Itinerary for the Vancouver to LA repo, so I'm just saying that it doesn't mean that they are doing a roundtrip Hawaii cruise. :) sorry if there was a misunderstanding. (Although a roundtrip cruise to Hawaii would be nice!)

I'm aware of that, but Ensenada is listed on the Itinerary for the Vancouver to LA repo, so I'm just saying that it doesn't mean that they are doing a roundtrip Hawaii cruise. :) sorry if there was a misunderstanding. (Although a roundtrip cruise to Hawaii would be nice!)

Apparently Hawaii and Ensenada are on someone's port schedule - but has it been confirmed that the ship will be in Vancouver? If I were in charge of designing a cruise itinerary, I wouldn't stick Ensenada in there unless I had to!

I am assuming that they will be doing Alaska and Mexico again...at least for another year...and also think they will find a way to add in some more ...weekends to know where... since it was sold out after 2 weeks of announcing it and never did an opening open. They sold out and stayed sold out. And many tried to get on after that but had no luck. And in light of all that is going on in the Middle East I have no doubt Asia would be off the grid.

Has anyone else noticed that they have Costa Rica in the drop down box under port Adventures on the DCL site? I don't think any of the current itineraries are visiting Costa Rica are they?

Also Aruba is listed. Are there any current sailings visiting Aruba?

The Panama Canal cruises stopped in both Aruba and Costa Rica, so the port adventures for those two locations are probably left over from that cruise. I would love a week long cruise that went to both of those destinations though! :cool1:

Man, the 'dummy' I have booked is a cruise I think I want to keep. Won't be back on the ship for 35 days.

Let's see, if they announce April 6 but wait a week for booking I'll still be almost two weeks before I'm on the ship for on on-board booking. Bet a Hawaii cruise would go through the roof before then. Might have to move my Fantasy dummy and just pony up a rate increase for that one, as it would probably be a lesser dollar amount.

When you hit platinum, you sure want those juicy OBC credits. I think my new rule will have to be "2 dummys at all times"! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter