March 10 announcement?

What is everyone's best guess for Nov. 2012/Magic? Do you think it may be out of NYC or Galveston? I sure hope NYC...easier to get there A.K.A cheaper. Thanksgiving week 2012 I will turn 40 and would like to have a Disney cruise to look forward to!!!!

Did anyone watch the mouseear webcast on 23rd March?

I guess they didnt say anything about 2012?

I sure would love an Eastern Med itinerary for the Magic next year. That would be perfect after our Western Med that we have planned this August!

What is everyone's best guess for Nov. 2012/Magic? Do you think it may be out of NYC or Galveston? I sure hope NYC...easier to get there A.K.A cheaper. Thanksgiving week 2012 I will turn 40 and would like to have a Disney cruise to look forward to!!!!

Sorry, my speculation for November 2012 for the Magic is Galveston based on the Port Authority of Grand Cayman showing the Magic in port every week during November 2012. Grand Cayman seems more reachable from a Southern US port such as Galveston.

I just read on another board:
"DCL is planning their big announcement the afternoon of April 6th. "What's in store for 2012? Well, it's big enough that the only fitting place to announce our plans is the Big Apple!" "

I would assume this means NYC has got to be home for the Magic for the most part of the year! :cool1:

Bob Iger said he was going to be in New York this weekend. He only said he was going to see the new DIsney Off Briadway show, the prequel to Pete Pan. Maybe he had other reasons?

:upsidedow We can only afford to do a cruise every other year...but if it does end up being out of NY that is only a 5 1/2 hour drive and we could afford next year too..:thumbsup2 NO FLIGHT...NO HOTEL..NO RENTAL CAR..etc.etc....that would be so so sweeeeeeeeeettttt!!!:banana::dance3::banana:

Thump. That is the sound of my heart sinking. Really, really, really hoping for Galveston.:headache: Still holding out hope.

Thump. That is the sound of my heart sinking. Really, really, really hoping for Galveston.:headache: Still holding out hope.

Don't give up hope yet-I'm thinking it will be more of a half NY and half Galveston deal... After all, flying into NY and cruising out of NY in the winter can be quite a challenge:goodvibes. Geaux Galveston:thumbsup2

and hoping for either cruises to Hawaii and England/Canada or Bermuda. Would make sense to split the year between the two. :yay:

I sure would love an Eastern Med itinerary for the Magic next year. That would be perfect after our Western Med that we have planned this August!

H-E-L-L-O!?! :sail: Your current Med peeps are missing you!!! :rolleyes1 Want to hear about Bucharest!!

Meanwhile......up here in Washington State, we'd sold our entire extended family of 21 people on the possibility of cruising to Alaska on Disney in Summer 2012 since there'd be no rental cars or airplanes..... Can't make all of us DISers happy, but as well as the Alaska cruises sold (so several CMs have said- but doesn't seem real with the lengthy KSF being offered)- it's surprising that they'd only offer it for ONE summer and that's it. :(

We rebooked onboard in late January and the Future Cruise Director said that it was highly likely that they'd return to AK next summer, but they wouldn't announce until April. A CM on the phone with DCL told me the same....but I dunno, it's not looking likely.

I'm more of a warm weather person when it comes to cruising anyhow, but my DH spent a LOT of our recent Western Caribbean cruise selling me on how beautiful of a cruise it would be with land on either side, glaciers, animals, etc....

ANNOUNCE SOMETHING ALREADY!!!! :scared1:

If I remember correctly, New York, September 2009, was the place/time for the announcement of the 2011 cruises including Alaska. There was no sailing out of NY included; it just happened to be the venue for the announcement.

They're not really giving anything away, are they?

Meanwhile......up here in Washington State, we'd sold our entire extended family of 21 people on the possibility of cruising to Alaska on Disney in Summer 2012 since there'd be no rental cars or airplanes..... Can't make all of us DISers happy, but as well as the Alaska cruises sold (so several CMs have said- but doesn't seem real with the lengthy KSF being offered)- it's surprising that they'd only offer it for ONE summer and that's it. :(

We rebooked onboard in late January and the Future Cruise Director said that it was highly likely that they'd return to AK next summer, but they wouldn't announce until April. A CM on the phone with DCL told me the same....but I dunno, it's not looking likely.

I'm more of a warm weather person when it comes to cruising anyhow, but my DH spent a LOT of our recent Western Caribbean cruise selling me on how beautiful of a cruise it would be with land on either side, glaciers, animals, etc....

Ditto for us. We and my DSis rebooked on our Feb MR, hoping for AK next summer - it's expensive but we'd sure save on airfare! Not sure what we'll do with the ressies if they don't go back, but we have until next August or so to decide (the dummy is Oct 2012 on the Fantasy).

Waiting, waiting, waiting... Sure glad I have this thread to check for updates - thanks!

O.k. there is a lot of speculation about the Magic out of NY or Gavelston, but where is the Wonder going to be?

Do most people think summer 2012 Alaska?

There has been speculation of the Wonder in Hawaii in May & Sept., but for me the big question is summer 2012?

What do you think the chances are of the Wonder doing MR out of LA in Summer of 2012?

That is funny since we talked to a CM when booking onboard last November. She said it didn't look likely they would be back in Alaska. So we have a dummy booked for an Eastern Caribbean. I am still holding out hope for Alaska! or at least something other than the usual. You gotta believe there is something interesting going on for them to take so stinking long to announce.

When I booked in November of 10 on the Magic I knew we would be on the Dream this April. I never dreamed they STILL wouldn't have the itinerary out for that time frame when we set sail in oh 8 days :banana::banana:.

I now am going to have to hound the Onboard booking agent to tell me where they're going because it looks like they will announce while we are on the Dream.:headache:

Just heard from my TA that it looks like April 6th is the day for the announcement(s).

Should we start a new thread for that -- or rename this one ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter