March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! Threadjackers take over the world!

Wow I miss logging in here for a few days and a STORM starts brewing! :lmao:

SO glad to hear the latest update on STORMY. As a kitty lover myself, I certainly know what you are going through. I've got two kitties right now and love them both to pieces. I just had my elder kitty Micki at the vet last week because he was having a rough time and I just KNEW they would find something terribly wrong with him, since he'll be 17 this year! Thankfully they gave him an antibiotic shot, IV fluids and his bloodwork all came back good and he's doing much better this week. Since I was going away last weekend AND this weekend I was also thinking the timing was just bad. At least he's doing better now. Your NEW vet sounds awesome too! :)

This means hopefully we can both leave for our trips in a few days and be in peace that everybody at home will be fine! For me it's kids, dog and kitties!
;)

Great news! Now you can go and relax and have fun! Between you and D~, I don't think I have ever worried so much for people I don't even know! I go home at night and just cuddle my kitty all night :) So happy for you!

Oh Liddy, I am so incredibly happy to hear your news. Not only that your trip to WDW is still on but that Stormy is doing better and someone nice is able to watch over him.

We have an ER vet about 20 min. from my house and I probably would not take any of my animals there unless they were on deaths door for their own safety. My sister doesn't have any two legged kids but has several four legged ones. Boston Terrier is her breed of choice. In Nov. she noticed that one of them was having problems and rushed her in the middle of the night to the ER Vet. From the start they continued to throw numbers in her face and ask her how she was going to pay for it. (She had left the house so quick that she didn't even grab her wallet) At one point they asked her if she wanted a IV and when she said yes they told her it was $200 up front. Unfortunatly Sugar had a bad infection in her uterues and there wasn't anything they could do. But while she sat there holding her dieing fur baby the receptionist actually had the nerve to come in and tell her if she didn't pay her bill with in 3 days that they would take her to court. Really???

Sorry just your ER vet story brought up bad memories and I just had to vent a little.
I hope that things work out for IOA, I want to hear all about WWoHP.

Can't wait to see you next week.

I'm sorry that your sister had such a horrible experience. :sad2: These people weren't all over the financial part, but did give us estimates and then made us "sign off" on the estimates. I know vets run a business, and they don't want to end up with bad debt accounts ... I get that ... but sometimes people need to be flexible with finances. :sad2:

Hoping to know tonight about IoA.

OH!!! This is FABULOUS news!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad that you were able to find such a great vet. And a Disney lover to boot? How awesome!

It sounds like Stormy is in very good hands now. I'm so glad that he's doing better!! I would definitely look into some options from that other vet that you had them at. I honestly don't think that you should have to pay them anything at all. (My opinion of course.) It sounded like such an awful place, and shame on them for not taking care of your baby correctly! I seriously want to get in my truck and drive down there just to give them a piece of my mind.

Now you can start getting excited and start not sleeping because you're excited about your trip! I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Best of luck on your test! I know you'll do great!

And about the mani/pedi...Are you going to get a special Mickey one??? You'll have to take pictures for us! LOL. I'll need to get mine done pretty soon too. I'm thinking about Mickey's on my toes. LOL. I'd like to get DD's done too, but not sure if I can do that and not give the trip away!

In the meantime...I'm going to do my happy dance for you!!!

The more I think about a mani/pedi ... I think I'm just going to have my mom do it. I'll probably have her do something Disney themed (and will post pics), but still not decided. Most of the places around here don't have people who speak English (well or at all), so I'm not comfortable there ... since they can't understand me when I say that I hate having my feet touched. :headache:

I'm about to head over to the vet's office to see my baby. :love: So far, I am super happy with this vet!

Thanks for the luck on my test. I'll need it. Statement of Cash Flows really makes me want to reconsider being an Accountant. :mad:

Yay Liddy and Yay Stormy!!! So glad the news was good yesterday and it set you heart at ease! :flower3:

YAY! :woohoo: My heart is definitely more at ease. AND ... I went shopping today! :banana::banana::banana:

So glad you got some positive news! I'll be sending you good vibes in hopes it all works out for you ! :goodvibes

Thank you!! :flower3:

Wow I miss logging in here for a few days and a STORM starts brewing! :lmao:

SO glad to hear the latest update on STORMY. As a kitty lover myself, I certainly know what you are going through. I've got two kitties right now and love them both to pieces. I just had my elder kitty Micki at the vet last week because he was having a rough time and I just KNEW they would find something terribly wrong with him, since he'll be 17 this year! Thankfully they gave him an antibiotic shot, IV fluids and his bloodwork all came back good and he's doing much better this week. Since I was going away last weekend AND this weekend I was also thinking the timing was just bad. At least he's doing better now. Your NEW vet sounds awesome too! :)

This means hopefully we can both leave for our trips in a few days and be in peace that everybody at home will be fine! For me it's kids, dog and kitties!
;)

I'm a huge cat lover. Dogs terrify me (I was attacked when I was little, nothing serious, but enough to scar me emotionally). I can handle smaller dogs ... but any dog that jumps up on me, I'm out the door. :scared: We used to have a Boston Terrier (Baby Girl). She was more like a cat, so I got along great with her.

Sorry that your kitty wasn't well. Glad he's doing better now. :goodvibes My sister's oldest cat ... well, she spends as much time with him since she knows his days are numbered. :sad: The vet game him a couple of weeks ... a year ago. :thumbsup2 For the record, he had a great day yesterday she said. Played with his toys (which is something he hasn't done in a very long time).

Still nothing new to report, other than I got two cute dresses and three pairs of shorts today at Target. Plus, my new sunglasses came in (I was shopping when Target Optical called). All that's left is study for test, get caught up on homework, pack DH and myself, purchase snacks, buy a bathing suit, change oil in car, and DONE! :goodvibes At least I think ... :confused3

Great news! Now you can go and relax and have fun! Between you and D~, I don't think I have ever worried so much for people I don't even know! I go home at night and just cuddle my kitty all night :) So happy for you!

Awwww! :hug: :grouphug: :hug: Thank you! :flower3:

Okay, everyone should post kitty pictures on my thread. :love:

Here's my Molly last year when we got her. She's a little bigger now, but still just as cute :)

4thBDay003.jpg

Sorry I've been missing.

Glad to hear your kitty is feeling better.

I don't have a picture to post of a kitty (sorry, I'm on the other side of the fence...I like dogs, not cats; but that could be that a friend from my MUCH younger days, had like nine cats and I would spend the night and they'd be sleeping all over me...drove me insane).

Here's my Molly last year when we got her. She's a little bigger now, but still just as cute :)

th_4thBDay003.jpg

What an adorable kitty!!

Believe it or not, I do have a kitty picture...

Meet Porky... Our old cat, we had her for several years, and Rufus chased her away one day (the only living thing that he has never gotten along with)... We discovered her a week later, living with our neighbor, and she was very happy there - and the neighbor was very happy to have her. :wizard:

035_00A.jpg

And, I know you want kitty pictures... but I haven't posted any pictures of Rufus in your PTR yet... :confused3

CIMG5835a-1.jpg

D~

th_4thBDay003.jpg

How sweet!!!!!!!! She's so adorable!!! :love:

Sorry I've been missing.

Glad to hear your kitty is feeling better.

I don't have a picture to post of a kitty (sorry, I'm on the other side of the fence...I like dogs, not cats; but that could be that a friend from my MUCH younger days, had like nine cats and I would spend the night and they'd be sleeping all over me...drove me insane).

How has the celebrating been going? :hippie:

Thanks Kathy. :flower3:

I'd be in heaven if I had nine cats curled up on me. :cloud9: I would totally be that crazy cat lady! :lmao:

What an adorable kitty!!

Believe it or not, I do have a kitty picture...

Meet Porky... Our old cat, we had her for several years, and Rufus chased her away one day (the only living thing that he has never gotten along with)... We discovered her a week later, living with our neighbor, and she was very happy there - and the neighbor was very happy to have her. :wizard:

th_035_00A.jpg

And, I know you want kitty pictures... but I haven't posted any pictures of Rufus in your PTR yet... :confused3

th_CIMG5835a-1.jpg

D~

What a sweet kitty!!! She was ready to go on vacation with you! :lmao:

Sorry that she was run off, but glad it worked out well in the end. :love:

Post all the pics of Ruf that you want here! :hug:

Went to see Stormy today. Let me just say I love this vet's office! I didn't hold him, as I didn't want to move him, but I practically climbed into the kennel with him. He was hissing and growling when I went back there, but as soon as I put my hand in, he was anxious for me to pet him. I loved on him, and talked to him, and he purred so hard I thought he was going to get sick! The staff there was SUPER nice. I took the kids with me, and one of the assistants answered questions for the kids and talked to them about some of the other animals in the kennels. I loved seeing my baby, and I hated to leave. :guilty: I did take some pictures!

287a0e37.jpg

af2a0f6e.jpg

I'm going to swing by tomorrow and drop some stuff off for him. I miss him sooo much! :sad:

Went to see Stormy today. Let me just say I love this vet's office! I didn't hold him, as I didn't want to move him, but I practically climbed into the kennel with him. He was hissing and growling when I went back there, but as soon as I put my hand in, he was anxious for me to pet him. I loved on him, and talked to him, and he purred so hard I thought he was going to get sick! The staff there was SUPER nice. I took the kids with me, and one of the assistants answered questions for the kids and talked to them about some of the other animals in the kennels. I loved seeing my baby, and I hated to leave. :guilty: I did take some pictures!

th_287a0e37.jpg

th_af2a0f6e.jpg

I'm going to swing by tomorrow and drop some stuff off for him. I miss him sooo much! :sad:

Awww... I am so glad you got to see Stormy yesterday, he looks so happy to see you. And he looks so comfortable! Yay for finding such a great vet and one that will give him great care while you are gone so you don't have to worry about him so much. :lovestruc You have no idea how relieved I am for you. :hug:

And thanks for letting me post pictures of Ruf. :hug:

D~

Awww... I am so glad you got to see Stormy yesterday, he looks so happy to see you. And he looks so comfortable! Yay for finding such a great vet and one that will give him great care while you are gone so you don't have to worry about him so much. :lovestruc You have no idea how relieved I am for you. :hug:

And thanks for letting me post pictures of Ruf. :hug:

D~

I'm going to go back and see him again today (maybe tomorrow if I have time). I'm going to take him one of his favorite blankets to lay on. I'll probably just cover him up with it and when he's ready to move, he can climb on top of it. That way, it will be in the right general area.

He was growling and hissing as I approached, so I was worried that he was so mad at me. :guilty: But as soon as I opened his cage and put my hand in (slowly, letting him sniff it first), he started purring and was stretching his head out so he could rub it against my hand. So I just stood there scratching his head, rubbing his face, and talking to him. I didn't dare venture down his body, as I knew he'd try to move.

He tried to get comfortable a few times and would start growling as he was moving and getting settled back down. He wanted to lay on his back so badly but couldn't get there because of his leg. :sad2:

All that's left for me to do is pass my test this morning, change oil in car, get mani/pedi, pack DH and myself, get snacks for room, switch cars, and attempt some of the homework that's piled up. Still feeling stressed. OH... and I need a bathing suit. :scared:

And D, I hope Rufus has a great day again. And post any pictures of that sweet fur-baby here. :love:

:goodvibes So glad you got to visit Stormy and he was happy to see you! Sounds like they are taking good care of him. I'm sure he won't hold a grudge once he's back home with you and feeling better! :)

So here is my current fur family. First we have my elder kitty Micki. He loves climbing onto me whenever I'm on the couch. He'll be 17 this June. I've had him since he was about 2 weeks old. Yes I bottle-fed him and raised him myself so he really is my first 'baby' even if he was not my first cat:

MickiCat2s.jpg

MickiCat.jpg

Then we have Jasmine who is is our rescue dog. We've had her for about two years. It is thought that she was thrown out of a car as an itty bitty puppy so she has a huge scar down her back but she is the most lovable dog in the world...and I am not a dog person. She LOVES to travel with us and if she could go to Disney with us, she would!
Jazzdog1.jpg

For Christmas of 2010, Santa delivered this to our house a few days early while we were out:
maverick.jpg

(Ok, so Santa actually picked him up from the local animal control and delivered him to us)

Maverick was about 3-4 months old when we got him...and was not afraid of anything including Jasmine. They actually bonded and became best friends. They used to play a lot together and every now and then Maverick can't help but curl up with Jazz:
jazzandmav.jpg

I've never seen anything like it. You can view them playing together in action here. If you listen closely, you can hear Maverick purring away!

Jazz and Maverick Video

We also have 4 fish tanks in our house...it's a little menagerie! :rotfl:

Kittylady, what an adorable video! I could totally hear Mav purring!!!! SO SWEET! :love:

I also feel like I should be paying admission to see the animals. :lmao: Sounds like you're trying to start a zoo. ;)

Totally love the pictures! :lovestruc

Your kids are precious! :goodvibes

Good luck with your test today and getting everything accomplished to day, I do not know why I procrastinated until now with my packing this is so not like me, oh well I will just chalk it up to "old age" :rotfl:

Stormy looks content in his kennel, so happy you were able to go visit him and like the new vet. :)

:goodvibes So glad you got to visit Stormy and he was happy to see you! Sounds like they are taking good care of him. I'm sure he won't hold a grudge once he's back home with you and feeling better! :)

So here is my current fur family. First we have my elder kitty Micki. He loves climbing onto me whenever I'm on the couch. He'll be 17 this June. I've had him since he was about 2 weeks old. Yes I bottle-fed him and raised him myself so he really is my first 'baby' even if he was not my first cat:

MickiCat2s.jpg

MickiCat.jpg

Then we have Jasmine who is is our rescue dog. We've had her for about two years. It is thought that she was thrown out of a car as an itty bitty puppy so she has a huge scar down her back but she is the most lovable dog in the world...and I am not a dog person. She LOVES to travel with us and if she could go to Disney with us, she would!
Jazzdog1.jpg

For Christmas of 2010, Santa delivered this to our house a few days early while we were out:
maverick.jpg

(Ok, so Santa actually picked him up from the local animal control and delivered him to us)

Maverick was about 3-4 months old when we got him...and was not afraid of anything including Jasmine. They actually bonded and became best friends. They used to play a lot together and every now and then Maverick can't help but curl up with Jazz:
jazzandmav.jpg

I've never seen anything like it. You can view them playing together in action here. If you listen closely, you can hear Maverick purring away!

Jazz and Maverick Video

We also have 4 fish tanks in our house...it's a little menagerie! :rotfl:

This is so precous! I am in :lovestruc with Jasmine - what a gorgeous dog and she looks like she has such a great personality. I love how her an Mav are such great friends!

Micki is adorable too... How awesome that you totally raised her. :lovestruc

Lovin' all these animal pictures. :)

D~

So before I was a mommy I was a fur mommy. Unfortunatly they have left this world, but they will never leave my heart.

Both of my Cat's were from the Save-A-Pet shelter. One of the problems of working at such a place, you want to take all the babies home. :lmao:

2412519277_0f4fb3d9bd_z.jpg

This first picture is Spooky. He was named this because he was brought to the shelter on Halloween. We bonded from the start and my mom bought him for me before he was even approved to go into the main cat room.

101_2052.jpg

Here is Pandora. Isn't she so cute.:hug:

Now for the current furries in the house.:thumbsup2

013-5.jpg

Here is Princess. She is my DD's favorite and can often be found in her room on her bed. If you can't find her there then you might find her laying down in the bathtub.:confused3

011-4.jpg

This is Sunshine. I know what a strange name for a black dog, but I didn't name her. Even at her size she thinks she is a lap dog. :lmao:

And I can't show pictures of my fur buddies with out showing you a pic of Teddy who got out of his cage the other night and decided to crawl in my bed for a visit.

014-3.jpg

Good luck with your test today and getting everything accomplished to day, I do not know why I procrastinated until now with my packing this is so not like me, oh well I will just chalk it up to "old age"

Stormy looks content in his kennel, so happy you were able to go visit him and like the new vet.

Thank you! :flower3: I don't think I aced the test (some of the multiple choice .... well, it's not called Multiple Guess without a reason :lmao:). I am pretty sure I missed a few Multiple Choice questions, however, I think I did very well on the problems. The MC questions were only worth like 1-2 pts each. I'm thinking low A or high B. Which I'm okay with! :woohoo:

I've yet to pack! :scared1: We leave TONIGHT, and I've yet to pack! Well, the kids are 97% packed ... but I haven't even pulled out the adult suitcases yet! :scared:

My mom came up and gave me a mani/pedi last night ... shortly after she left, I made the worst mistake I could think of... I sat on my feet. I ruined my piggies. :sad2: I'll figure it out later ... I hope.

I dropped off one of his favorite blankets yesterday. When I got there, he was sleeping in his litter box. :confused3 I'm pretty sure they gave him a bath ... as he felt softer and my hands weren't icky after loving him. One of the assistants came and said that she loved Stormy. :eek: My cat only knows how to growl at anyone other than us four ... but she put her hand into the cage and started petting him. He was rubbing against her hand, but growling at the same time. She said that he likes her, but he's very vocal when she loves on him. I was shocked that he allowed anyone else to pet him. Even with his growling, it was obvious he was enjoying her petting him and that he did truly like her. She said she found out he was declawed when he got her face. :lmao:

This is so precous! I am in with Jasmine - what a gorgeous dog and she looks like she has such a great personality. I love how her an Mav are such great friends!

Micki is adorable too... How awesome that you totally raised her.

Lovin' all these animal pictures.
D~

I'm loving all the animal pics too! :love:

So before I was a mommy I was a fur mommy. Unfortunatly they have left this world, but they will never leave my heart.

Both of my Cat's were from the Save-A-Pet shelter. One of the problems of working at such a place, you want to take all the babies home.

th_2412519277_0f4fb3d9bd_z.jpg

This first picture is Spooky. He was named this because he was brought to the shelter on Halloween. We bonded from the start and my mom bought him for me before he was even approved to go into the main cat room.

th_101_2052.jpg

Here is Pandora. Isn't she so cute.

Now for the current furries in the house.

th_013-5.jpg

Here is Princess. She is my DD's favorite and can often be found in her room on her bed. If you can't find her there then you might find her laying down in the bathtub.

th_011-4.jpg

This is Sunshine. I know what a strange name for a black dog, but I didn't name her. Even at her size she thinks she is a lap dog.

And I can't show pictures of my fur buddies with out showing you a pic of Teddy who got out of his cage the other night and decided to crawl in my bed for a visit.

th_014-3.jpg

I had a hampster once ... and it drove me nuts! So I gave him to a friend who wanted one. He was constantly chewing on his cage, and even chewed his way out. I bought him three or four cages before I finally couldn't take the noise anymore. :headache: I was back in high school, so sleep was important, especially since I was in all honors classes. :rolleyes:

Totally loving the fur-baby pictures! :love: I don't think I could handle working for a shelter. Seeing the abused/abanonded sweethearts coming in would totally break my heart. I can't watch those animal rescue shows either. I'm so thankful that there are people out there who GO OUT and rescue these sweet animals and take them to shelters where they can get the nurturing they need. :love: Those people are heroes in my eyes. I couldn't handle it emotionally. I'd beat the snot out of someone for abusing their pet. And I'd do nothing but curl up and cry with that abused sweety.

Okay, off to get caught up and then some packing, then class, then errands, then packing. :headache:

Thank you! :flower3: I don't think I aced the test (some of the multiple choice .... well, it's not called Multiple Guess without a reason :lmao:). I am pretty sure I missed a few Multiple Choice questions, however, I think I did very well on the problems. The MC questions were only worth like 1-2 pts each. I'm thinking low A or high B. Which I'm okay with! :woohoo:

I've yet to pack! :scared1: We leave TONIGHT, and I've yet to pack! Well, the kids are 97% packed ... but I haven't even pulled out the adult suitcases yet! :scared:

My mom came up and gave me a mani/pedi last night ... shortly after she left, I made the worst mistake I could think of... I sat on my feet. I ruined my piggies. :sad2: I'll figure it out later ... I hope.

I dropped off one of his favorite blankets yesterday. When I got there, he was sleeping in his litter box. :confused3 I'm pretty sure they gave him a bath ... as he felt softer and my hands weren't icky after loving him. One of the assistants came and said that she loved Stormy. :eek: My cat only knows how to growl at anyone other than us four ... but she put her hand into the cage and started petting him. He was rubbing against her hand, but growling at the same time. She said that he likes her, but he's very vocal when she loves on him. I was shocked that he allowed anyone else to pet him. Even with his growling, it was obvious he was enjoying her petting him and that he did truly like her. She said she found out he was declawed when he got her face. :lmao:

I'm loving all the animal pics too! :love:

I had a hampster once ... and it drove me nuts! So I gave him to a friend who wanted one. He was constantly chewing on his cage, and even chewed his way out. I bought him three or four cages before I finally couldn't take the noise anymore. :headache: I was back in high school, so sleep was important, especially since I was in all honors classes. :rolleyes:

Totally loving the fur-baby pictures! :love: I don't think I could handle working for a shelter. Seeing the abused/abanonded sweethearts coming in would totally break my heart. I can't watch those animal rescue shows either. I'm so thankful that there are people out there who GO OUT and rescue these sweet animals and take them to shelters where they can get the nurturing they need. :love: Those people are heroes in my eyes. I couldn't handle it emotionally. I'd beat the snot out of someone for abusing their pet. And I'd do nothing but curl up and cry with that abused sweety.

Okay, off to get caught up and then some packing, then class, then errands, then packing. :headache:

I hope you got a great grade on your test - I know you did - you are just smart like that.

Bummer about messing up your piggies... Note to self - don't sit on piggies like Liddy did.

I know how you feel about animals - I am the same way. I can't watch those shows either - it's just horrible.

So glad that Stormy made a new friend at the vet's office - LOL how she discovered that he's declawed. He just sounds like an awesome cat - I just love his personality.

I am wishing you safe travels tonight. What time do you leave?

D~

I am behind. You leave tonight? Wow time has flown. I just saw on the news that the monorail is going to be closed daily for certain hours due to gf construction through march 17. I hope stormy is doing better. Glad he had a friend at the vets office.

Safe traveling Liddy and have a blast! :cool1: Bug me with text and picture messages so I can live vicariously through you til I get there. :lmao: See you Thursday night!!!!! :banana:

I'm a huge cat lover. Dogs terrify me (I was attacked when I was little, nothing serious, but enough to scar me emotionally). I can handle smaller dogs ... but any dog that jumps up on me, I'm out the door. :scared: We used to have a Boston Terrier (Baby Girl). She was more like a cat, so I got along great with her.

Sorry that your kitty wasn't well. Glad he's doing better now. :goodvibes My sister's oldest cat ... well, she spends as much time with him since she knows his days are numbered. :sad: The vet game him a couple of weeks ... a year ago. :thumbsup2 For the record, he had a great day yesterday she said. Played with his toys (which is something he hasn't done in a very long time).

Still nothing new to report, other than I got two cute dresses and three pairs of shorts today at Target. Plus, my new sunglasses came in (I was shopping when Target Optical called). All that's left is study for test, get caught up on homework, pack DH and myself, purchase snacks, buy a bathing suit, change oil in car, and DONE! :goodvibes At least I think ... :confused3

Yes I'm not a dog person but let me tell you it's really hard NOT to be when around Jazz. She has managed to get plenty of dog-fearing and non-dog people to love her. My DH and his family always owned dogs, and in fact DH was attacked by one of their own dogs when he was younger...and he does have scars on his face from it...and although they got rid of that particular dog, they always had others. :) My DD is actually funny...she is more scared of little yippy jumpy dogs but is fine with bigger ones! :confused3

I completely understand what your sister is going through. Micki really spends his time in only one area of our house. If we are all on the main level, he's usually hanging out on a chair in our formal dining room or he'll come into the living room while we are on the couch watching tv and spend time in people's laps insisting on attention. Even my DH, who is NOT a cat person, gives into Micki. After all, he's an old kitty! :) Honestly the first thing I do when I come home is check on Micki to make sure he's okay (and alive...:scared1:) and then I check on Maverick...to make sure he hasn't managed to get himself locked into some room or closet as has happened to him a few times! :rotfl:

Yippee for new stuff!! :woohoo: All set now!!! ONE MORE SLEEP!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter