*March 2019 Check In*

We're surprising our kids with a trip 3/16-3/19, in the parks 3/17, 3/18, and (thanks to the promotion) the morning of 3/19 before we leave! Using the short time as an excuse to stay on-site (Paradise Pier, to take advantage of early morning entry), and do some table service dining (Lamplight Lounge and Blue Bayou). Can't wait!!!

It was mentioned in another thread, but I thought it was worth repeating here. The Columbia is not on the refurb calendar for March 8th. Glitch? Maybe. Glimmer of hope that F! will be back? Maybe?!?

It was mentioned in another thread, but I thought it was worth repeating here. The Columbia is not on the refurb calendar for March 8th. Glitch? Maybe. Glimmer of hope that F! will be back? Maybe?!?

Yes! A glimmer of hope is a great thing! Our trip is not till the end of March so I have been following along with all the refurbishments.

Argh, I'm not getting notifications for this post (I will for the first one or two after mine and then no more) Darn Disboards *shakes fist*

My dining window finally opens tomorrow but (a) since we have a 1 bedroom with full kitchen at GCV and (b) it will be Food and Wine while we are there, we are only going to make 2 or 3 ressies. Carthay Circle for lunch, for sure, and Storytellers for breakfast for our last morning. We are catching the train up from San Diego the morning we get off the cruise so we will be at the Grand by 12:15 (or 1:15 if we miss our first train) so we will get lunch in Downtown Disney but I won't make a ressie since I can't guarantee the time. DH wants to make dinner at our room that night, I want La Brea....we'll see :rolleyes1

HOORAY FANTASMIC! Made res with Hungry Bear for the 22nd, but I'm also thinking of BB because we both really love the surf n' turf... just not that price tag lol. I'm still holding out for WOC and the dessert packages... I'll dump every reservation we have for that :P

I was going through my Disney dresses and figuring out what I want to wear (pre planning ya'll lol), and my boyfriend asks "so..we're doing matching stuff again right??". :rolleyes2 I hadn't planned on it! I've been going through t-shirt designs on etsy trying to figure out what to do. Not many shops do cute plus size ladies shirts so I think it's time I bust out my cricut machine and make my own.. it would be cheaper in the long run, too.

So my wife and I have the week of 3/16 through 3/24 off but are blocked out from park entry 3/23. Trying to figure what days would be best for a 5-6 day trip. First and last day being driving day from the Bay Area. It will be our last trip on this AP.
Probably end up going sat 3/16 and returning Friday 3/22 unless their is a reason to go Friday 3/22. Hopefully park hours will be long and every show will be up during the week or at least on the Sunday we are in the park.

Hopefully park hours will be long and every show will be up during the week or at least on the Sunday we are in the park.
Looks like extended hours start on the week of the 10th, but nightly F! starts on March 25th. Hopefully you can catch it on a weekend. MMM runs every night (with fireworks on weekends).

HOORAY FANTASMIC! Made res with Hungry Bear for the 22nd, but I'm also thinking of BB because we both really love the surf n' turf... just not that price tag lol. I'm still holding out for WOC and the dessert packages... I'll dump every reservation we have for that :P

I was going through my Disney dresses and figuring out what I want to wear (pre planning ya'll lol), and my boyfriend asks "so..we're doing matching stuff again right??". :rolleyes2 I hadn't planned on it! I've been going through t-shirt designs on etsy trying to figure out what to do. Not many shops do cute plus size ladies shirts so I think it's time I bust out my cricut machine and make my own.. it would be cheaper in the long run, too.

We have Hungry Bear ressies on the 22nd too! I agree about the price tag at BB or even RBT - not sure if I want to spend those prices again (tried them both before), especially with our Cdn exchange rates.

How cute that your bf asked about matching clothes! My DD likes to Disneybound and this time, she is bringing her boyfriend for his first visit. They have been planning their outfits :D How lucky that you can make your own outfits!

We have Hungry Bear ressies on the 22nd too! I agree about the price tag at BB or even RBT - not sure if I want to spend those prices again (tried them both before), especially with our Cdn exchange rates.

aw dang, if you see a purple haired girl with an ursula vest, that's me! lol

So what's going to be down in March? We'll be there the 20th and 21st for my birthday.

Happy early Birthday!! In Disneyland I think we're looking at,

astro orbiter
sleeping beauty's castle ("spring" is probably not middle of march for them)
space mountain... (maybe? hopefully not? it's tbd)

then in ca adventures,

the carousel
world of color
grizzly river run (no end date)
silly symphony swings (no end date)

aw dang, if you see a purple haired girl with an ursula vest, that's me! lol

Happy early Birthday!! In Disneyland I think we're looking at,

astro orbiter
sleeping beauty's castle ("spring" is probably not middle of march for them)
space mountain... (maybe? hopefully not? it's tbd)

then in ca adventures,

the carousel
world of color
grizzly river run (no end date)
silly symphony swings (no end date)

Thank you, that's not so bad. I got excited seeing Fantasmic is back but it won't be during the week! I'm pregnant so Space being potentially closed isn't so bad for me lol. Also, I too have purple hair!

I’m a bit nervous about crowds on my dates due to the hotel costs. There is a big conference during my dates on March 7–9. Anyone else going then?

I’m a bit nervous about crowds on my dates due to the hotel costs. There is a big conference during my dates on March 7–9. Anyone else going then?
It's the Natural Products Expo. I've been during that timeframe before. It makes hotels insanely expensive, but I didn't feel like it had much effect on crowds. I did see a few groups of business colleagues together in the park in the evenings, but not tons of people. Traffic around the convention center was terrible, I would avoid that area at all costs.

We'll be there on March 6-8 during Natural Products Expo, and I'm also hoping crowds won't be too bad. I was there during NAMM several years ago, and similar to what Cal-Pie described, traffic was a nightmare, but parks were reasonably OK.

We were somehow able to book the Springhill Suites at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center using Marriott Rewards points, even though it appeared to be sold out for paid stays. Hoping we actually have a room when we get there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter