March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17)

3/1 - 3/6 Syndrome Grand Californian DVC Studio
(Actually arriving 2/28, but heading out to Joshua Tree for the weekend)

I'll kick off some discussion, since I'd rather be here than working ;)

My family of three is headed out, and we are so excited! My husband went to DL once when he was 16; I went to WDW once when I was 13. Our five-year-old has never been. It's going to be like a first time for all of us! We were lured to Disney by SWGE; both my husband and The Boy are HUGE SW fans. The Boy desperately wants to see a Stormtrooper when we are there. He even has his own Stromtrooper costume to wear. I hope he gets his wish. For my part, I've been researching this trip for 9 months, discovered Disneybounding, and bought us all outfits, lol. Even my husband will be playing along in his Donald Duck-inspired clothes.

Thanks for doing this! My daughter and I are going March 7-11 and staying at BWPPI. I swore last year that I wouldn’t go back for a few years and visit other places. LOL. We can’t resist the lure of Star Wars.

3/18-3/24, family of 5
We're no strangers to WDW but this will be our first trip to DL. I haven't been on Disboards in years (I've used FB groups for my fix) but need DL info! We have 4 day park hoppers with maxpass. That's really all I know so far! Looking on here for dining recommendations, both onsite and off, and touring tips.

Reactions: EmJ
Might be prudent to add the potential Indy refurb to post #3, at least until dates are announced. Also possible opening of the new Spa at GCH.

We will be there March 8-12th. This is my first time going this time of year. We are staying at the GCH and looking forward to the Food and Wine festival as well as trying to get on ROTR!

We will be there March 8-12th. This is my first time going this time of year. We are staying at the GCH and looking forward to the Food and Wine festival as well as trying to get on ROTR!
I didn’t even think about food and wine. We will only be there on a Sunday and the rest will be weekdays. I wonder if we should bother with a sip and savor pass? We don’t drink, so it would just be for the food. We liked the holiday sip and savor pass. Any opinions are welcome.

3/2-3/6. Staying at Anaheim RV Park...this will be our first of 3 trips to DLR for 2020. Will be back in June and also the week after Thanksgiving. Each trip with a different set of Grandkids.
Flex Passports will be purchased for the year. All dates we plan on attending are either “Good to Go” or need Reservation. No block out dates on our plans currently.

I didn’t even think about food and wine. We will only be there on a Sunday and the rest will be weekdays. I wonder if we should bother with a sip and savor pass? We don’t drink, so it would just be for the food. We liked the holiday sip and savor pass. Any opinions are welcome.
The sip and savor pass is for food and non-alcoholic drinks so not being a drinker wouldn't be an issue. I am thinking we will get one and use it during our days there. I had thought about getting one for each of us but what if we didn't use all the tickets? I only know what I have read about last year so I can't wait till they release more details!

Might be prudent to add the potential Indy refurb to post #3, at least until dates are announced. Also possible opening of the new Spa at GCH.
Thanks! I added a new category of "monitoring" with both Indy and the Spa, as well as the possible reopening of the Red Car Trolley, which I've also seen scheduled to reopen in the mysterious "spring" :)

What is a sip and savor pass?

To be honest, I'm hoping to avoid the food and wine festival this year. Since it is our first time to Disney, we aren't looking for any "extras" and would like to skip the crowds, to the extent we can. However, we've pretty much already committed to upgrading to a Flex Pass and making a return trip over spring break 2021, and I have to think the festival will be back then!

3/2-3/6. Staying at Anaheim RV Park...this will be our first of 3 trips to DLR for 2020. Will be back in June and also the week after Thanksgiving. Each trip with a different set of Grandkids.
Flex Passports will be purchased for the year. All dates we plan on attending are either “Good to Go” or need Reservation. No block out dates on our plans currently.
What a fun thing to do with all your grandkids!

To be honest, I'm hoping to avoid the food and wine festival this year. Since it is our first time to Disney, we aren't looking for any "extras" and would like to skip the crowds, to the extent we can. However, we've pretty much already committed to upgrading to a Flex Pass and making a return trip over spring break 2021, and I have to think the festival will be back then!

Sip and Savor is a card with detachable food tickets where you pay $55 or so. It represents a dollar or so discount off the average cost of items.

Good idea to avoid crowds at F&W for a first trip.

A sip and savor pass is a prepaid pass to sample the food and wine offerings. I think it has 8 coupons attached to a lanyard to be used as you choose. I think food and wine is only on the weekends. (Maybe I was wrong about weekends, I thought I read that somewhere but I can’t find it now. :rolleyes1)

Last edited:
March 15-19 for us! Staying at the Desert Inn and Suites.

Bit nervous about how busy it will be but didn’t really have a choice on dates as we’re tacking this onto a family trip to Palm Springs. Really looking forward to seeing SWGE! Definitely want a Trader Sams visit too so will try for Monday or Tuesday for that I think. Now that’s it’s past Christmas I feel like we’re getting into real planning time!

Sip and Savor is a card with detachable food tickets where you pay $55 or so. It represents a dollar or so discount off the average cost of items.

Good idea to avoid crowds at F&W for a first trip.
Thanks! We will pass this year I think. Any tips on avoiding F&WF are appreciated ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter