March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17)

A sip and savor pass is a prepaid pass to sample the food and wine offerings. I think it has 8 coupons attached to a lanyard to be used as you choose. I think food and wine is only on the weekends.
Ooh! If it's only on the weekends, my problems are solved. We will be in the parks Monday-Friday, leaving on Saturday.

Ooh! If it's only on the weekends, my problems are solved. We will be in the parks Monday-Friday, leaving on Saturday.

Pretty sure it’s everyday in recent years. F&W crowds get larger in the evenings. There will be foot traffic in that area but not hard to avoid by all accounts.

Reactions: EmJ
F&W is every day. And there are things for kids, so don't be so sure about avoiding F&W at all costs! OP, your son might like some of the activities, e.g. w/Chef Goofy, and you might find one or two food items that you really like, too. It usually isn't very crowded from opening until early evening, so avoiding the crowds usually isn't so hard to do.

Reactions: EmJ
Thanks! We will pass this year I think. Any tips on avoiding F&WF are appreciated ;)
What are you trying to avoid, specifically? If it’s crowds, well, not much you can do about that any day of the year. If it’s alcohol, it’s prevalent in DCA year round, regardless of the F&W festival.

If you visit DCA there’s no avoiding F&W booths because they line the main path thru DCA. However, that’s basically all it is so there’s not really anything else to avoid. The biggest obstacle is that the main path gets more crowded and maybe DCA is a little more crowded, especially in the evening.

But there’s usually a festive atmosphere in the air at DCA during any of the festivals, and an increase in live music performances, and activities for all ages, so I don’t really know any reason to avoid it.

3/5-3/12 Jedimdes Grand Californian
Just the three of us this trip myself, my husband, and our 6 year old. We are flying in to SNA. We’ve got 5 day park hoppers and are taking one rest day between probably on Sunday or Monday. Haven’t decided that one yet.

We are going during Mini gay days! We might pass as a straight couple but I’m bi so I love when we get to attend Gay days. We are also very excited for ROTR. Also excited for food and wine festival we haven’t attended that before!

What are you trying to avoid, specifically? If it’s crowds, well, not much you can do about that any day of the year. If it’s alcohol, it’s prevalent in DCA year round, regardless of the F&W festival.

If you visit DCA there’s no avoiding F&W booths because they line the main path thru DCA. However, that’s basically all it is so there’s not really anything else to avoid. The biggest obstacle is that the main path gets more crowded and maybe DCA is a little more crowded, especially in the evening.

But there’s usually a festive atmosphere in the air at DCA during any of the festivals, and an increase in live music performances, and activities for all ages, so I don’t really know any reason to avoid it.
Thanks! It’s all good :) We are already going during a busier time of year, and are prepared for crowds. I guess it’s the just the perception of festival crowds on top of Spring Break/Easter crowds, but it’s not really a big deal. Plus, my kid needs a LOT of sleep, otherwise he turns into Jack Jack when he’s on fire and has laser beams coming out his eyes, so we will be leaving he park each day by 7:00 to go back and get ready for bed. So, other than 4:00-7:00 so, we won’t be in the parks in the evenings or at night.

I’m actually pretty interested to see what it’s all about; since we are coming back in 2021, it may be something we want to participate in more intentionally that year!

We are going during Mini gay days! We might pass as a straight couple but I’m bi so I love when we get to attend Gay days.

Thats right, forgot about that . I knew when we planned, but totally forgot about it .

EmJ , you might want to add "Mini gay days" to your March calendar . Its on March 7th , but the 2nd-13th may show an uptick in crowd level .............. WHY ? ..........Because the specially priced "Mini gay day" tickets are available for use 3/2-3/13 , so there may be some extra crowds during the week leading up to 3/7 , and the week following.

Last edited:

We'll be at DL on Sunday 3/8 and Tuesday 3/10. Will be staying w/friends a 45 min drive away since this is a budget trip and our sole purpose of going is to see Galaxy's Edge w/the friends we're staying with. Our general plan is to get up super duper early and be there open to close with a day of rest in between.

My family of 5 are going 3/6-3/13. We have 5 day PH+MP tickets and are staying at the Camelot Inn. This will be our first family trip to DL.

More then likely we'll do 5 straight days from 7th-11th, then on the 12th I'm driving to Palm Springs for the day and the rest of the family will figure out something to do.

Alright folks, I’m going to give this a go! If you post your dates and hotel below, I will add you to the original post as I am able. If I miss you, it was not intentional. Just nudge me or post again :-)

I do my best, but am not super tuned in to breaking news from Disney. If anyone hears of any announcements, ride closures or re-openings, SWGE info, or other important information that could affect our March trips, please post for the good of the order. Happy vacation!

3/2 to 3/5 bobafettfan. Best Western park place inn and suites

What is the best option for a family of four(one 2 year old) to travel from LAX to the parks and back? We were planning on using the shuttle, but now that is shut down and I don't see anything replacing it. We are planning on using Uber or Lyft, but I would love to be able to not have to bring a child seat on the trip and to schedule in advance.

I've looked at several ride options like Supershuttle.com but they're shutting down and both Primetimeshuttle.com and Shuttle2LAX.com have terrible reviews.

If anyone has other options they can share, please let me know.

What is the best option for a family of four(one 2 year old) to travel from LAX to the parks and back? We were planning on using the shuttle, but now that is shut down and I don't see anything replacing it. We are planning on using Uber or Lyft, but I would love to be able to not have to bring a child seat on the trip and to schedule in advance.

I've looked at several ride options like Supershuttle.com but they're shutting down and both Primetimeshuttle.com and Shuttle2LAX.com have terrible reviews.

A lot of DIS'ers have reported using Lansky's with good success.

We have used Lanskys in the past , and they are fantastic . Really couldn't recommend them enough !

This time around we are renting a car . After having a car service with Lansky's, we realized that driving LA isn't really that bad .
Renting a car is quite costly right now, and I keep watch for prices to go down , but the best price we have reserved so far is $335. for the week for a minivan . We are also heading out to Joshua tree for a weekend, so we pretty much need a rental car . The one thing we have going for us, is we wont have to pay for parking at Grand Californian .

After a bad experience with the DLE I tried Lansky for my last 2 trips and am using them again in March. It's double what I paid for 2 for the bus but they are reliable and I really like their service. Not only did they meet us and go to baggage claim to help with luggage they also offer a grocery stop (which I have not needed). The drivers we have had have all been courteous and professional.

Thats right, forgot about that . I knew when we planned, but totally forgot about it .

EmJ , you might want to add "Mini gay days" to your March calendar . Its on March 7th , but the 2nd-13th may show an uptick in crowd level .............. WHY ? ..........Because the specially priced "Mini gay day" tickets are available for use 3/2-3/13 , so there may be some extra crowds during the week leading up to 3/7 , and the week following.
Thank you! I did add Mini Gay Day after jedimdes's post, but I've now added the ticket promotion as well.

I think I have added everyone to this point. If you posted before this post and don't see your name, please reply to this post and I will get it corrected. Thank you!

I just booked! We are staying at the GCH March 19-22. I have a big birthday that weekend, which is kind of an ominous number, so what better place to be than at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Coming from the east for our family of four’s first visit to Southern California. After Santa Monica and Hollywood, we will be at Disneyland 3/23-3/28! Booked at DLH and BWPPI, but will likely stay at the later and save the $$. Can’t wait!

I gotta show you guys what I made. My son (5) has seen most of the movies on which attractions we plan to see are based, but not all of them. I made this "Mickey Mystery Movie" holder, where each week he draws a popsicle stick from the Mickey and we have a movie night with that film. That way, he's encouraged to watch something beyond Star Wars and PJ Masks, which, in his opinion, are the only television viewing options needed in this world.

So far, we've seen Star Wars (of course, because he dug through the sticks until he found it 🙄😂) and Tarzan, which he LOVED. When all the sticks are gone, it will be time for our trip!

I don't know why it's sideways....

IMG_5317.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter